Buffy DVD Box Set shipping from Amazon!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Numbered?

Wasn't this supposed to be a numbered set? Every web site I've gone to looking for this information says it is a numbered set; am I just missing the where the number is? :confused:

i got no numbered on mine(so thats weird lol)
i got no letter but i hope tha angel one does thats for xmas

i love my boxset though the uk one

sideshowpdx said:
OK,,,, I just ordered the complete series boxset on deepdiscountdvd for $111 shipped. Some of you guys are going to think I'm crazy but I've never even seen one single episode. I also ordered the Firefly complete series for $26. Can't pass up a good deal.

Looks like Deep Discount has raised their price to $139.87 with free shipping. Still a good price.

I've borrowed the whole 7 seasons from a friend, the old box sets. I started watching about a week ago... I'm very impressed with it so far. The reason why I started watching is because I fell in love with Firefly/Serenity this summer and I thought about giving Buffy a chance. I've been watching them in order... and I've just finished "Reptile Boy" from season two.

Here's my dilemma, I don't know whether I should start buying some of the Sideshow figures (some of the exculsives while they are still available) or should I take this opportunity to buy this DVD box set at this discount price.

If I decide to start buying the figures which ones should I get first? The only one I have so far is Werewolf Oz which I picked up on a lark at SDCC this year. The Vampre Buffy looks VERY impressive... so I'm leaning toward her as a first purchase. And maybe Xander.

Any thoughts?

if you get a figure get:
1 drusilla
2 vamp buffy
phrophecy girl or master there my favs so you should like them lol

i too love buffy season 1 is my fav then season 2 then 7

i got the uk dvd and the dvds are good i think you should get the dvds one day:peace

lcummins - I know there is a limited edition size to this set, but I'm not sure that they are individually numbered. If they are, I'm missing it as well.

Protozaius - Vampire Buffy is an excellent figure!! Definitely worth getting. You should pick up Dru as well even if you have to get the regular version. And if you can find Graduation Day Buffy, you should try to pick her up as well.

You certainly opened up a can of worms asking which figures to buy Proto. I haven't seen that many episodes either, and I don't have many DvD's. I have quite a number of the Buffy figs. I was going to try to get them all, but had to forego that plan in order to acquire the Uni Pf's. Sacrifices have to be made at times. You have access to the DvD's, so forget that for now and buy the figs. Seems like a no contest question to me.

Figures??? Where do you start? Get Der Kinderstod first, he's a ripper. Vamp Buffy is one exclusive I wished I'd jumped on if I lived stateside. The Master is a must have. I like the baddies best, can you tell? There isn't that much available in the way of Buffy anymore is there? Exclusive or otherwise. I have the Liam, but candlesticks aren't that big a deal to me. I got it because it came with Vamp Buff in the Funtacular. The Spikes are all good.

The secondary market may give you more options, but that fact doesn't change my first three suggestions.

In my opinon, you should get Vamp Dru and Vamp Buffy, they look amazing. Xander is also truly great, the pics on sideshows site arent very good and I definately recommend him, both because hes a great and figure and a favourite character. Id pick up graduation day buffy if you can find her for a good price, she looks like the best human buffy to me. I have the human spike, which is going for alot on ebay, so maybe someone else can suggest which other spike to get. The next one I get will be Dru to go with Spike. Der Kinderstod, although a great figure is one I personally have passed on as hes a pretty minute character, and in one episode. I also didnt like the character ALOT so thats another reason I passed.

I guess its all down to preference of characters. All the figures are worth getting excluding Willow and Faith(which I have:confused: )

But I also have the chosen collection coming, so I cant yet tell you what I think of it, although I think its going to be really great! It depends if there a specific figure you have seen that you like thats selling out fast or something go for it but other than that Id say get the DVD set first as it may be limited.

heres a link to some pics of the chosen collection and a mini review someone did (scroll down the whole page for it all)

https://btvsfigs.proboards48.com/index.cgi?board=TV&action=display&thread=1124474542&page=4

Last edited:
I got my box set last Friday! I couldn't believe it came so quickly from Amazon, I wasn't expecting it until this week. I love it, but I'm kinda sad that all the discs are EXACTLY the same as the old ones and the extra special disc is just kind of a rehash of the extras on the other discs - except for the one featuring the cast/crew roundtable discussion and the 'favorite episodes' one. If I had already owned the original full series of discs I might have felt a *little* cheated if I had bought this one in addition. But, as it is, I didn't own any of the seasons previously, so this is a really good deal to get all of them! :banana

I think I'm just going to stick with the original Buffy DVD sets I have. Since there's no new content other than the behind the scenes stuff, I'm going to pass for now.

The extra disc has the roundtable thing, it's not woth $200 in itself, but I do prefer this packaging, and the space it saves. And those fold out things are the devil.

I know Sideshow's Buffy 12" figures are very nice, but I really am hoping for a polystone, something like a Buffy v. Angel statue in the $250 range. That would be amazing. The likeness of SMG must be right on though:D

Darklord Dave said:
...And those fold out things are the devil.

LMAO! You got that right. The new box set may be worth it for that reason alone.

PS. I finally met Illyria.

Damaged!

Got my boxset from amazon today...Man, they shipped it in a HUGE box! And of course, it got DAMAGED!...the box looked like it did 12 rounds with Ali!....Expect an email from me amazon!:banghead

Last edited:
Darklord Dave said:
The extra disc has the roundtable thing, it's not woth $200 in itself, but I do prefer this packaging, and the space it saves. And those fold out things are the devil.

You just hit a nerve... I LOATHE those fold outs!!! The new box set is tempting on that feature alone.

Can someone post pictures of the inside of the new box set so I know what it looks like? I'm VERY curious!:D

Darklord Dave said:
That article is chock full o' info, but for an even closer, interactive look at the box contents, check out the following link (Flash required):

https://www.foxhome.com/buffysplash/collect.htm

brgbffy.gif

It arrived yesterday! Its wonderful! Very recomended! The roundtable is really nice. Mine came alittle battered but thats expected from overseas. And I really cant be bothered to send it back because I got mine of ebay for a REALLY good price and its just not worth it.

Definately something to get!!! Now im waiting for an Angel one.

Back