Budget Stark - About 95% of all Hot Toys figures ever made on display at SB

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what Budget said other people were saying. :slap

He feels he's disproved it by showing IM is only 20% of HT's produced figures, so you're kinda missing the point, here, LOTRfan85, or twisting Budget's meaning.

Last edited:
That's what Budget said other people were saying. :slap

He feels he's disproved it by showing IM is only 20% of HT's produced figure's, so you're kinda missing the point, here, LOTRfan85, or twisting Budget's meaning.
What percentage of HT's product do Iron Man figures represent since they started making Iron Man figures?

with budget stark when he said (Hot Toys are making too much Iron Man, Hot Toys should take some risks and make some new lines)

Again, that's not what he said. He said they ARE making others.

As for the mix of figures...in the alien ripely thread I broke it all down. Every single figure (licensed figures). From 2000-10 and 2010-2015. Before iron man they made 130 other non iron man figures in 10 years. Since iron man they have made 130 non iron man figures in 5 years. So iron man has allowed them to DOUBLE the pace at which they produce NON iron man figures.

Since they started making iron man they have, again for the cheap seats, DOUBLED the amount of non iron man figure they have offered. Stop it with this they don't take a risk or only make iron man crap. Fact is, iron man sales have allowed for larger and more extreme risks and it's the market (sales based on margins of each figure ect) that dictate if a property (what they refer to a film or set of films as) to continue getting figures from it.

People complain hot toys doesn't take risks. They make an ichabod crane figure and they say " me and other collectors knew it would fail". So they take risks, people say they don't. They take risks and people complain it's to risky.

Before iron man they made 130 other non iron man figures in 10 years. Since iron man they have made 130 non iron man figures in 5 years. So iron man has allowed them to DOUBLE the pace at which they produce NON iron man figures.

Since they started making iron man they have, again for the cheap seats, DOUBLED the amount of non iron man figure they have offered.
For those of us without the time or inclination to scroll through your post history, do you have evidence that sales of Iron Man figures have directly resulted in the production of non-IM figures?

Can't you just infer that sort of thing? How are any of us on a forum going to have "evidence" and beyond that, who cares? Whatever licenses you're into, HT doesn't owe you figures regardless of how many IM they make.

As for the mix of figures...in the alien ripely thread I broke it all down. Every single figure (licensed figures). From 2000-10 and 2010-2015. Before iron man they made 130 other non iron man figures in 10 years. Since iron man they have made 130 non iron man figures in 5 years. So iron man has allowed them to DOUBLE the pace at which they produce NON iron man figures.

Since they started making iron man they have, again for the cheap seats, DOUBLED the amount of non iron man figure they have offered. Stop it with this they don't take a risk or only make iron man crap. Fact is, iron man sales have allowed for larger and more extreme risks and it's the market (sales based on margins of each figure ect) that dictate if a property (what they refer to a film or set of films as) to continue getting figures from it.

People complain hot toys doesn't take risks. They make an ichabod crane figure and they say " me and other collectors knew it would fail". So they take risks, people say they don't. They take risks and people complain it's to risky.

Great to see that you would spend so much time and effort into showing that info to collectors. Nice work there.

Can't you just infer that sort of thing? How are any of us on a forum going to have "evidence" and beyond that, who cares? Whatever licenses you're into, HT doesn't owe you figures regardless of how many IM they make.
I'd just like to see some official statements/numbers/whatever supporting the idea that it's Iron Man, specifically, that's driving HT's increased productivity (rather than, say, the switch from mostly military subjects to licensed subjects generally). Otherwise, it seems as though we're just inferring that correlation must prove causation.

For those of us without the time or inclination to scroll through your post history, do you have evidence that sales of Iron Man figures have directly resulted in the production of non-IM figures?

What evidence do you need? And why should I spend my time providing it if you are to busy to even look at what's already been presented?

The evidence is plain. Before iron man 130 figures in ten years. After iron man 130 figures in five years. What changed? Iron man.

I'd just like to see some official statements/numbers/whatever supporting the idea that it's Iron Man, specifically, that's driving HT's increased productivity (rather than, say, the switch from mostly military subjects to licensed subjects generally). Otherwise, it seems as though we're just inferring that correlation must prove causation.

I specified that those numbers are for licensed figures only. I did not include military figures in the numbers. Only licensed movie figures and super heroes(including video games). Hot toys will never release official sales numbers. No company does that. Nor should they. Bad business move.

Wether the shift is a direct correlation or indirect the thing that changed was iron man. If that caused a larger focus on licensed goods or it caused a larger production facility to be built to meet demand it doesn't matter. There's a clear line. From the first mms figure in 2000 through the boom in iron man sales which is 2010 they made 130(ish) i will get the link to my data in the ripely thread where I listed every single figure...licensed figures. After 2010 they made 130ish licensed figures. Both of those numbers exclude iron man figures. Those are in addition to that. The point is, Iron man is what changed. No other character has come close to influence.

Edit-here's the link to the list. A page or two before it is also a few photos of every 2000-2010 figure I posted as well.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...ien-updated-prototype-hs-196.html#post7757618

Last edited:

How many of those 130 are Iron Man-adjacent? Like Captain America, Black Widow, ect ...

Last edited:
How many of those 130 are Iron Man-adjacent? Like Captain America, Black Widow, ect ...

Is it really that hard to click the link and read what I wrote before. I broke it all down.

The answer is zero. 130 non marvel figures before 2010. 130 non marvel figures after 2010(till current) I intentionally excluded all marvel based figures as that was what the original discusion was.

Back