Bruce wayne return? - comic spoilers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Bruce wayne return?

he will...in May

Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne
ROBW_1_Cover.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Return_of_Bruce_Wayne

Umm, he said,"Bruce Wayne", not Bruce Wayne's great-great-great-etc. grandfather!! ;) I hope this story isn't dreadful.....

Umm, he said,"Bruce Wayne", not Bruce Wayne's great-great-great-etc. grandfather!! ;) I hope this story isn't dreadful.....

:lol
hey, it's not my art, nor storyline..dont blame me!

oh and...was i the only one who found batman: RIP, and battle for the cowl to be extremely confusing and disappointing? and on top of that, the epilogues made them even worse!

I'm putting spoilers in the thread title - in my trade paperback world he's still dead.

oh and...was i the only one who found batman: RIP, and battle for the cowl to be extremely confusing and disappointing? and on top of that, the epilogues made them even worse!

No, you're not.

Batman: RIP was largely garbage.

I didn't read Battle for the Cowl, as I assume it was exactly what it advertised - a big "comics event." That is, lots of pointless action and fanwank, with very little actual substance or character development (other than stupid "shocker" twists to characters, which isn't really "development" or interesting.)

I thought Grant Morrison was really going to waste away Bruce Wayne, but I'm happy to see this "return" saga materializing! :)

Bruce Wayne IS Batman!!!! Maybe it's just me, but I feel that it is not a mantle that should get passed on like Green Lantern & Flash.. If they want a different Batman, it has to be separate from THE Batman (i.e. Terry McGinnis' Batman Beyond). :rock

Your not. I found it to be some what of an anti-climax. Just sorta found my self at the end thinking "What the... is that it?!" And then he gets killed off in Final Crisis and all the tie ins and crap. I just gave up with it.

:lol
hey, it's not my art, nor storyline..dont blame me!

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who didn't enjoy those 2 stories. But for some odd reason I have liked ____ Grayson taking on the mantle. I guess he'll go back to Nightwing once Bruce comes back.

I really need to preface by saying that Morrison is (IMHO) one of the most overrated writers ever, to the point where fanboys believe he can do no wrong. I know these are just stories and eventually things come back to status quo but getting rid of Bruce in the first place was such a ridiculous move. Final Crisis needed a shock ending and someone somewhere said "let's kill Batman!" it bugs me reading something like JLA where old timers like Ollie call him "Batman" in quotes using a sarcastic undertone to convey disrespect and disapproval. Just bring Bruce back already.

I really need to preface by saying that Morrison is (IMHO) one of the most overrated writers ever, to the point where fanboys believe he can do no wrong.

:lecture QFT. This is one of the reasons I stay away from the Bat boards on CBR. The level of GM fanboyism is off the charts. RIP had to single-handedly be one of the worst hyped up events in recent memory.

I won't even go into the mess that is Final Crisis which still has mini-series coming out trying to explain that convoluted disaster.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who didn't enjoy those 2 stories. But for some odd reason I have liked ____ Grayson taking on the mantle. I guess he'll go back to Nightwing once Bruce comes back.

If you've been reading comics for a while, the state of them (DC and Marvel) suck. I couldn't care whether Batman is dead or not they'll still be some out of continuity book of Bats out there. Saturation and the massive Events killed bats before darksied did. and don't get me started on Marvel (post M-Day/Civil War/Dark Reign/Seige/World War Hulk). I pretty much stopped reading books.:rotfl

I really HATE events - I just want good stories, but there's precious few of those around, especially for Batman. For such a cool character, he's inspired so little good writing. I mean, 'Hush' and 'The Long Halloween' are supposed to be among the half dozen greatest Batman stories? No, no, no.

Similarly All Star Superman was ok, and the artwork blew me away, but it wasn't like reading Batman Year One for the first time. I much preferred Superman Birthright, and that didn't get half the attention that ASS did.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Nevermind then. I just want some normal Batman comics without this timeline and crossover nonsense. The only crossovers that are cool in my opinion are the ones with green arrow.

Back