BRUCE LEE Premium Format!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow posted a video about this PF, and it includes a newer look:

Sideshow_BL2.jpg

That "Pending Approval" looks promising. I'm feeling more and more that it's the figure's left eye that's off.

The sculptor is Jeff Yagher, and I'm not sure whether I've ever seen him work in 1/4 scale before. Most of his garage kit work is 1:6. I'm really glad Sideshow is using him, though I'm still on the fence about this figure. Every Bruce Lee sculpt is going to be measured against Arnie Kim's, and it's a tough comparison. I hope Yagher gets to fix that one eye.

Here are some Yagher garage kits:

Phantom3.jpg

yc12.jpg

Ycotw.jpg

yc10.jpg

yhc1.jpg

Hopefully the approval wont be met, because it still looks nothing like Bruce. I should be able to see the sculpt and recognise it, so in that way I don't measure it against Arnie Kim's photographic like work, I just need to be able to look at it and say, 'That's Bruce Lee'. I can't say that, so here's to hoping their some integrity in the licensor's, and they knock it back.

That can only be a good thing for the licence holder, Sideshow and us collectors, because as it is, Sideshow wont be able to give them away, and no one will make any money, and even less will be happy. They only have to get the sculpt right and they would sell out. It's be the perfect backdrop for an array of Enterbay figures. That alone would guarantee sales.

Why do they even bother putting this sculpt out there. It does nothing but bring back negative comment, and rightly so. Can't they see what we see, or what we don't see? Plus it does nothing for the sculptors reputation and, so far, awesome collective of work.

Sorry Sideshow, but it's not right.

The negative response for this piece has really been something. I think that if Sideshow wanted to at the very least be in par with the Arnie Kim sculpt they had to nail this one but they obviously came up short. Even the base they chose to go with looks cheap to me.

I am sure Enterbay thanks Sideshow. Their Bruce Lee figures have now become the ultimate Bruce Lee collectible. It's funny because the Enterbay figures already were the ultimate Bruce Lee collectible but a lot of people refused to buy them because they were figures. Now a lot of folks seemed to have been "pushed" into trying an Enterbay figure (putting all their anti-12" prejudice aside or overlooking the high price) due to how bad this PF turned out. Not the response Sideshow was hoping for...

This PF may be a guaranteed 40% Spooktacular item in the near future and is not even out yet. My advise to Sideshow would be to go back to the drawing board or make it ridiculously limited and cut your loses.

In most cases I would say it's the paint application that pushes it off the mark, but I'm afraid in this situation......it's just off.

Great sculpt though, just not Bruce.

As suggested previously...send Sideshow your comments and suggestions. If they get enough of them they will realize that they do not have a product that would be considered satisfactory by any and all interested, potential buyers.

Ed-

Does anyone know if Sideshow has addressed our concerns with the likeness of Bruce Lee? The site claims he will be released this coming month. I have one on preorder and am not sure whether I should pick him up or not.

Thanks.

Hopefully the approval wont be met, because it still looks nothing like Bruce. I should be able to see the sculpt and recognise it, so in that way I don't measure it against Arnie Kim's photographic like work, I just need to be able to look at it and say, 'That's Bruce Lee'. I can't say that, so here's to hoping their some integrity in the licensor's, and they knock it back.

That can only be a good thing for the licence holder, Sideshow and us collectors, because as it is, Sideshow wont be able to give them away, and no one will make any money, and even less will be happy. They only have to get the sculpt right and they would sell out. It's be the perfect backdrop for an array of Enterbay figures. That alone would guarantee sales.

Why do they even bother putting this sculpt out there. It does nothing but bring back negative comment, and rightly so. Can't they see what we see, or what we don't see? Plus it does nothing for the sculptors reputation and, so far, awesome collective of work.

Sorry Sideshow, but it's not right.

I'd have to agree with everything you said here.

Why take someone who's genre is clearly horror, and make him do Bruce Lee? It's not rocket science that he can't nail the sculpt.

CM also looks closer to your wallet... very close :)

But I agree, my wife would sell out all her make up and shoes to get one of those

Its a sculpt of somebody trying to look like Bruce.

Same goes for the CM one, but its great even tho its way off!

Not saying this because I'm an official Enterbay dealer, but Enterbay has set a benchmark!

Here's an email I sent to Sideshow concerning the final product:

"I have a Bruce Lee Premium format on pre-order and wanted to know if all of the suggestions made by myself and others concerning the terrible headsculpt and clothing were taken and applied to the final product?

I do not wish to spend so much money on this item if it will remain as is. Please advise asap so I can make my decision whether to purchase or cancel."

Maybe a few more of these emails to Sideshow will result in them changing the final release.

Its a sculpt of somebody trying to look like Bruce.

Same goes for the CM one, but its great even tho its way off!

Not saying this because I'm an official Enterbay dealer, but Enterbay has set a benchmark!

Yeah no kidding, I agree, I finally saw Enterbay's Bruce Lee during ComicCon and it's amazing!!
But between CM's and SS' for likeness, CM wins, but the price tag is ridiculous...

It's coming in 15 to 20 days!!! That was fast! Funny thing is, I canceled it this morning before the email notice came! :rotfl

Here's the response I received from Sideshow today concerning the revisions:

"All I can advise at this time is that we expect to post new pictures of
the item on the ordering page on our website in approximately 2 weeks."

Sounds like they may surprise us after all. I think I'll hang on to my pre-order.

Wow- I would be surprised if they pulled a change. I really hope they listened to the fan's disappointment with the revealed sculpt. When I went to comic con I was really hoping that the pictures and seeing it in real life would be different and change my mind but no it confirmed my original feelings- PASS

Back