Brown Museum Wolverine pics (Bowen)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not too many pics of this guy around. I for one like the sculpt.

umw1.jpg

umw2.jpg

umw3.jpg

umw4.jpg

umw5.jpg

umw6.jpg

umw7.jpg

umw8.jpg

Nice pics nash I passed on this one because I thought his face looked off a little but he looks pretty cool I may have to pick one up now.:D

Hate to bump an old thread, but i just got this amazing piece from bagels, its my first ever full size statue:
bowenwolverine.jpg

Stands to reason since my first ever bust was the bowen brown wolverine and after getting sabretooth i stopped getting them, but this wolverine goes with them perfectly and he's awesome.

I know some like Sideshows PF better but this is my preferred style of statue, standing, intimidating and cool, IMO the best wolverine statue ever.

Hate to bump an old thread, but i just got this amazing piece from bagels, its my first ever full size statue:
bowenwolverine.jpg
That thing is beautiful. I don't collect statues (except the Minimates Max figures and a couple of Palisades GI Joes busts), but if I did, this is the one I would get.

It really is impressive. I'm going to be getting the Classic Yellow Tigerstripe version from a board member here, and I can't wait for it. Quick question though, what scale are the Bowen FS Statues, 1/6?

Kinda sorta but not really, it's hard to tell with wolverine, as it depends on your idea of his height. The box and sites list the piece as over 12" tall, but thats actually with it on the base and the museum pedastal that it comes with, wolverine himself is about 10.5 to 11" tall, holding him up to a 12" figure he stands to their shoulders, now if you see wolverine as being that small its 1/6 scale. I dont know what scale their statues are because this is my first, and i can't say but he's still cool.

Bowens range from around 1/8 to 1/7 scale. The Wolverine statue is correctly scaled in the Bowen line, he's much shorter than most other museum posed BD statues.

The BD brown museum is my favorite Wolverine statue by far at this point. Congrats on your score Magnuz!

IMHO there are 3 great Bowen Wolverine statues. Brown museum, classic action, and Villafane's Logan. I still have to pick up the classic action. The only reason I don't own that one is because I have the SS comiquette. Can't beat the comiquette for the classic yellow and blue colors.

I like the First Appearance version of the classic action, the regular tigerstripe looks too brickjawed for my tastes, but for FA i'd get that one if i was gonna get more. But i prefer the brown costume the most of his comic costumes.

BUT if i was gonna get a logan i'd get villafanes if i could it is amazing.

When it comes to scales, the higher the number the smaller the statue right? Like for example 1/7 would be smaller than 1/6.....1/8 would be smaller than 1/7 and so forth?

Correct. So if they are 1/7 to 1/8 they are slightly smaller than 1/6 scales.

When it comes to scales, the higher the number the smaller the statue right? Like for example 1/7 would be smaller than 1/6.....1/8 would be smaller than 1/7 and so forth?
It is a proportion. 1/6 means that 6 of them stacked together would be the size of the "real" Wolverine (sort of, since these are typically 12" tall, that assumes that the person it represents is 6 feet tall. . .which Wolvie ain't, except in the movies ;) ). 1/12 means it would take 12 stacked together to reach "real Wolvie" height, so they would be smaller.

lol - The comiquette is awesome for sure. But while the comiquette is bigger, and has a more realistic sculpt, it just doesn't bring me back to the comic Wolvie I grew up with like this guy does, guess I'm just not that huge of a fan of the classic yellow costume (though I dig the original 1'st appearance "cat faced" mask for some reason).

If you're not bothered by what company makes the statue, you may enjoy this guy like I do. Bowen, SSC, DST, whatever - as long as I like the look of it, there's a place in my collection for it.

Cheers! :duff

Like this type of thinking, if only more had it.:chew

Also, Wolvie is pretty short in the comics, he's only like 5'5 or something.

Back