Brown Museum Wolverine pics (Bowen)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reefer Shark

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just got this guy today - love the statue! Perfect representation of the comic Wolvie that I remember. Not sure if any of you ordered it from SSC (or anywhere else), but here's what you have to look forward to if you did:

brownmuseumwolvie1.jpg

brownmuseumwolvie3.jpg

brownmuseumwolvie4.jpg

brownmuseumwolvie5.jpg

brownmuseumwolvie6.jpg

brownmuseumwolvie7.jpg

Fastball special!

brownmuseumwolvie8.jpg

brownmuseumwolvie9.jpg

lol...true dat! nice statue but Bowen cant compare with SS....I am a Bowen convert...sold all my Bowens off...they dont hold value worth a ++++....unless its shinny surfer, juggernaut or thanos...the old favs dropped like a rock in value....

Nice! but SS Wolverine Comiquette still ownes. :rolleyes:

lol - The comiquette is awesome for sure. But while the comiquette is bigger, and has a more realistic sculpt, it just doesn't bring me back to the comic Wolvie I grew up with like this guy does, guess I'm just not that huge of a fan of the classic yellow costume (though I dig the original 1'st appearance "cat faced" mask for some reason).

If you're not bothered by what company makes the statue, you may enjoy this guy like I do. Bowen, SSC, DST, whatever - as long as I like the look of it, there's a place in my collection for it.

Cheers! :duff

Wow, that came out great! I'm going to have to pick this one up along with the classic action pose sometime. Also a big fan of the brown costume here. It's what I remember when I was introduced to the character back in the day.

It's funny, I started with Bowen but felt like I had a fresh start with Sideshow, since I got into Bowen really late and missed out on a lot of key pieces. But SS has seemed to slow down to me when it comes to Marvel releases, so I'm probably going to go back to focusing on Bowen again at some point.

lol - The comiquette is awesome for sure. But while the comiquette is bigger, and has a more realistic sculpt, it just doesn't bring me back to the comic Wolvie I grew up with like this guy does, guess I'm just not that huge of a fan of the classic yellow costume (though I dig the original 1'st appearance "cat faced" mask for some reason).

I grew up reading the old Byrne/Clairemont issues myself and this piece definately has a Byrne look from certain angles. That alone makes it great in my opinion.

If you're not bothered by what company makes the statue, you may enjoy this guy like I do. Bowen, SSC, DST, whatever - as long as I like the look of it, there's a place in my collection for it.

Cheers! :duff

Well said. :clap I wish more people thinked like that.

Who cares who makes the piece, as long as it's good I don't give a s+++. :rock

Thanks for the pics RS. Looks really cool. Need to add one to my never ending wish list.

Thanks for the props on the pics guys - I wish I had a high quality camera though ..someday soon hopefully!

Well said. :clap I wish more people thinked like that.

Who cares who makes the piece, as long as it's good I don't give a s+++. :rock

Thanks man - honestly, I apply this train of thought to all my collecting habits. I really makes life easier!

Awesome pics as usual man!! Your pics make me notice a lot of the other differences between the two statues (aside from the different costumes of course). Just look at how much more buff the classic yellow is than the brown. Interesting stuff!

You wanna trade cameras? :monkey5

hey reefer and p1x4r AMAZING PHOTOS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOKS GREATTTTTT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE TWO WOLVERINES ARE SFG !!!!!!!!!:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew

Back