Bronze Yoda and Dooku- WTF???????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I missed out on this piece as well, just like on the last couple of SW preorders.:monkey4 Oh well, I am sure some guy from Hong Kong will have faux faux Bronze piece available on ebay soon!:monkey5

I need flipping advice. Bannister?????
I ordered Faux Bronze Yoda and Dooku.
I think I ordered it because it is limited, and now the thrill of it has worn off.
Do I cancel and let some other schmo get it or buy it and flip. I would have to
flip it for more than 400.00 because of shipping and duties to Canada.
I have never flipped before and feel a bit guilty for even considering it.

I am in the same boat. I am going to keep it then maybe flip it. This piece is going to sky rocket up in price. To many SW fans and so little of this product = big profits! :D

what a wonderful looking gandalf! did you use paint or another process? if paint, can you tell us what brand? looks awesome!

Believe it or not, it is incredibly easy to do. I used normal acrylic paints and a drybrush technique.

I am in the same boat. I am going to keep it then maybe flip it. This piece is going to sky rocket up in price. To many SW fans and so little of this product = big profits! :D

OMG FINALLY! a quote worthy enough to call itself 'the flipper's creed'! ferengi rule of acquisition #286?

'This piece is going to sky rocket up in price. ...and so little of this product = big profits!'

:lol:lol:rotfl:rotfl:lol:lol

first come first serve has always been sideshow's policy with very very low es items. on another note, isn't faux or fake bronze simply painted? for all the collector knows, these could be 100 factory paint mess ups that someone decided to sell as faux bronze to be able to move them. :lol

Well Sideshow, If it's a factory paint mess up, THEN MESS UP SOME MORE! I LOVE YOUR COLLECTIBLES DONE IN BRONZE! BRONZE-E GOODNESS!!!!:chew

Believe it or not, it is incredibly easy to do. I used normal acrylic paints and a drybrush technique.

when is the drybrush used? i am interested to give a statue this technique. any help would be appreciated.

That Gandalf looks great. I guess thats why Sideshow made the base different on the exclusive.. to stop people from getting the regular and bronzing it up themselves to sell.

the base is the same.
the pipe on the bronze is in certain pix of the reg and is in the QTVR turnaround of the reg.

tbh, its kind of odd things like this make it thru approval to go up in the gallery.
Youd think there'd be an "Oops, we need new shots with the pipe on the base. you know how those collecting nuts pick everythign apart. This will be deemed a catestrophic breakdown in photo QC if we dont"

Except for the fact that these aren't in stock and are being produced as we speak.

The faux bronze is a real nice finish, it truly brings out the intricacies of the sculpt. I would be very much inclined to keep this if it were from the OT --- say Luke vs. Vader, I couldn't part with it if that were the case.

Here is a self-made bronze I did with an extra Gandalf statue I had:

GandalfBronze046.jpg

GandalfBronze043.jpg

Nice job, looks really nice. I was thinking about doing the same thing to my Legolas statue since it has severla paint scuffs. Faux bronze is such a simplistic job.

when is the drybrush used? i am interested to give a statue this technique. any help would be appreciated.

Here is a quick overview of what I did --- RICKDTM :bow "showed me" how ----

1) Spray paint the entire statue black with a flat black paint (Krylon)

2) Drybrush a dark grey/burnt umbar over the black to give texture. Drybrush - taking just about all paint off of your brush prior to applying, I used a paper towel until I couldn't see any paint come off at all.

3) Follow up with various metallic shades, bronze, silver and very light gold accents.

Voila! :chew

Here is a quick overview of what I did --- RICKDTM :bow "showed me" how ----

1) Spray paint the entire statue black with a flat black paint (Krylon)

2) Drybrush a dark grey/burnt umbar over the black to give texture. Drybrush - taking just about all paint off of your brush prior to applying, I used a paper towel until I couldn't see any paint come off at all.

3) Follow up with various metallic shades, bronze, silver and very light gold accents.

Voila! :chew

i guess it will take a bit of practice to get the accents just right. i'm not an artist in any way but i like the look so i'm willing to give it a go. thanks very much for sharing. :D

Wow that does look good. I might give it a try myself. Isn't there a Gandalf 12" coming out or something. Worst case scenario I mess it up and pick up the Gandalf figure to replace it. And if it turns out really good maybe I could try it on my GG Ugly-Wan in clone armour to see if it makes it look any better. :lol

I will pay anyone 275 for one but bo more. I want this one but I will not pay ES inflated prices.

Anyone want to make a quick $65 bucks please PM me about it.

Good luck Jason, but I think there is blood in the water and sharks are circling.

Excuse if this has been pointed out, I only scanned the 6 pages of this thread. But SSC does the super limited exclusives solely to get fans excited about stuff.

I think most agree that the regular edition of this peice is much better, if they'd made 1000 bronze they would have languished around for weeks. But make it limited and people snap it up.

Sure, most are scalpers and hopefully when they finally ship, most people will realize this isn't a very good exclusive and they don't really need it and the scalpers will be selling them for cost.

Excuse if this has been pointed out, I only scanned the 6 pages of this thread. But SSC does the super limited exclusives solely to get fans excited about stuff.

I think most agree that the regular edition of this peice is much better, if they'd made 1000 bronze they would have languished around for weeks. But make it limited and people snap it up.

Sure, most are scalpers and hopefully when they finally ship, most people will realize this isn't a very good exclusive and they don't really need it and the scalpers will be selling them for cost.

I am not a scalper, but I think everyone here already knows that.:rotfl

Dave, I think that your statement (for the most part) is unfair. I would say that some, not most, of the people who pre-ordered the Exclusive are scalpers but the majority of us (and I include myself in this group) are SS Fans (dare we say Freaks?) who are overjoyed to add a truly Exclusive piece into our collection. It is extremely limited and that just means that it'll be valued (not a monetary value) a great deal in my collection.

While I don't think the exclusive looks quite as good as the regular the more I see it the more I like it. And I agree with Darth in that I doubt there will be a lot of scalpers on this one since pretty much the only people who are going to be waiting for the newsletter are fans and with it selling out so fast there wouldn't have been much time for the scalpers to get one.

I did get one and while I'm still not 100% sure I am going to keep it ordered I really do like the idea of being able to FINALY own something rare. I see pictures on this board everyday of peoples rare and cool stuff and now I can finaly have something too.

Back