BRINK!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It does look meh. I've seen videos explaining the game and it sounds intriguing and unique on paper. Unfortunately, those type of games never do well on consoles. Most folks just want to be given a bunch of guns and pointed in the direction of the enemy.

The graphics and animation look really weak in that video. That won't help it. Lot of interesting ideas in Brink. I just doubt they'll help with sales.

Bump for awareness of this very cool looking game...

2 recent videos...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI0r9Pw1CB4&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]YouTube - Get SMART Series: The Basics[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPPZqwqJWaM&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]YouTube - Get SMART Series: Objectives[/ame]

^^ i loved that movie when i was a teen, now i cringe at all the dude bromance and the bad guy skater :lol:

The bad skater sucked so bad as a person and an actor. I don't remember much about that movie except for none ya line and the bad skater being a d!ck.

Just bought the game. It's alright so far. I didn't get to play it all that much yet. I just wish they had a way to go into 3rd person view. What's the use of having a parkour action if you cant see your own character do the partkour? Ugh... That was one of the selling points for me. Oh well. I'll have to play more to find out how it is.

One thing i just cant understand about the reviews is this...

They pretty much all state the objectives are repetetive, but dammit it all modern FPS objectives are repetitive, on BFBC2 its conquest or rush, in the same places in each map, in COD its CTF, demolition, domination and so forth again always in the same places on each map. But the things that make the games enjoyable is HOW the players play the maps and objectives, which route they take, how many are there charging a base? What weapons or clasees they have chosen and how they help their team, its these things that change up the experience each time.

So i dont get how they can complain about the same objectives and maps, when other FPS are the same.

I think I'm going to wait till this clearances before buying it..still haven't touched Vegas yet.

After debating it for a day or so, I decided to take a crack at it. I'm a sucker for FPS games. What can I say. I've only played through most of the resistance campaign so far.

Things I like....

Contrary to many, I like the style of the graphics. The funky faces and weird outfits work for me and give it a unique look.

The customization is awesome. It's fun to play around with the visual touches of your character. The weapon options seem to be nice, but I'll get to that in my negatives.

The amount of different abilities each class has is very cool. You can pick and choose a bunch of different load outs for each class and I can see how that will add replay value.

The overall control feels good and responsive. The parkour element isn't that important in the end, but what you can do, you can do easily after a little time with it.

The thing's didn't like....

The graphics are pretty rough. Especially far off things. For some reason, characters and other elements look really pixelated from a distance. Not sure why that is, but it's ugly when you're aiming down your sight at an enemy and it's just a blob of pixels.

As usual, the AI is terrible. I don't know if developers will ever be able to create decent AI programming. If they can't make good AI, could they at least make my teammates as good as the enemy team?

I think it's REALLY lame that the only way to unlock weapons and attachments is to complete challenges in the challenge mode. What if I don't feel like doing those? No new weapons or helpful attachments ever? Lame. I'd rather get that stuff through natural progression like every other game. It works.

Overall, I think I'll be able to get something out of this game. It does have a steep learning curve though. It's nice to see a game that actively forces players to think about something other than their KDR, but I haven't had a chance to see if it's any fun online yet.

Will be getting mine in the morning, from what i've heard its the freindly AI being bad and the enemy AI being too good that makes it very hard, and graphics issues and online lag that is the bad points, two out of those three should be fixabe with an update.

What irks me is the constant comparison to COD. like thats the only shooting game ever! This look to be more in common with BBFC2 which rewards players for playing as a team, which i like.

I freaking love the art style, the weapon design and the customization so i hope the gameplay can work well enough to let me enjoy those things, and provide a sequel with a real single player story (not offline with bots) and working multiplayer right from the get-go.

The CoD comparisons are officially a part of life for FPS releases. That game has become such the standard for shooters that any game that doesn't follow it to the letters feels "off" to almost everyone. People just can't help themselves. It's a sad, unfortunate truth about the genre.

Like most games though, this will find it's audience. It may not be a huge audience, but it'll be as loyal and diehard as the others. There's a lot of good ideas and concepts at work here. I can easily see it as a cult hit after the CoD and Battlefield crowd goes back to their perspective games.

It's really only like Battlefield in that teamwork is a must and KDR isn't important. In practice it's more like Killzone (or TF2 from what I hear) I spent a lot of time with Killzone and there's a ton of similarities.

Many reviews have come out and splintered those who were eagerly awaiting this game, this was my most anticipacted game for this part of the year.

Now that i've played the game i can say that it didnt live up to my exoectations but it IS a fun game.

The story mode has very little story, its basically a cutscene explaining what you gonna be doingt then you do it and so on. The biggest dissapointment to me is that the graphical art style of the game is excellent and the basic for the story in very unique, it is just criminally under-explored, if this game had a full narrative story it'd be up quite a few points.

Right from turning on the game i was excited at the levels of customisation available for your character, it is the best character customiser out there, the only gripe would be that you dont really see your character much, this level of customization would be amazing in a third-person game.

The menus and interface of the game is great, you have a 360 rotating view of your character and weapons when customizing, its clean, simple and elegant.

I have only played single player so far as the PSN is down at the moment, i have played some of the campaign and the challenges, i've been getting on okay in the campaign, it seems kind of short, and no real narrative hurts it but the gameplay is fun and gets much easier to get a handle of once you configure your controls and get some experience. The enemy AI and friendly AI seem to be on par for me in the campaign, in the challenges the first 2star section i played was extremely difficult simply because the enemy AI is ferocious and the friendly AI dont seem to aid in objectives just in buffs which give you ammo, health, revives etc...

The graphics have pop-in when you first start up, but i didnt really notice any other problems, admitidly i wasnt looking for any tearing, framerate or other jargon as i was focused on playing not studying the screen.

I cant wait for the online to be up so i gan get some good human vs human team battles.

PROS:

• Excellent Art Design
  • Great guns and sound
  • Excellent character customization
  • Fluid gameplay (once configured)
  • Great movement system

CONS:

• No team deathmatch, even BBFC2 (a squad based shooter) has a deathmatch option
  • A poor ranks and unlock system, you gt most things really early and easily.
  • No real campaign or story
  • Maps do not seem to have many routes or unique climbing areas
  • Shotguns and grenades dont seem that powerful

At the moment i give it a 8.5/10, it'd get a 9/10 if it had a deep thought-out story.

As a rookie in FPS games this game is killing me literally. I may have to put this game on easy for the first time ever. Any advice or suggestion on how to better my game ability to I can play online with others and stand a chance?

Dunno but some of the challenges are killing me, like the 2+3 star objective ones.

I wouldnt use the iron sights with pistols i find it more difficult, and definatley dont use the silencer on the shotgun, it seems to half the power

I camt figure out how to peek around corners, wall hop or use the underslung GL yet.

Anyone know what the orange bars mean when you add an upgrade to a weapon? Is that a decrease in stats?

Back