Bride of Frankenstein PF Paint Rub Issue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mistermark

Super Freak
Reaction score
I bought The Bride PF off ebay two weeks ago. The seller stated she was "new" and when I got her I inspected her for breakage and though she looked great. I gave him positive feedback right away. I put her away in her box and a week later I brought her back out and noticed a paint rub on her neck for the first time. I contacted the seller and he says he's not responsible and that I should have seen the flaw before. Not sure what I should do...? You don't see it unless you look at her profile. Anyone know how much it would cost to do a paint touch up by an expert or should I just live with it? It's not a horrible flaw and I'm not miffed about owning a flawed piece, I'm just miffed that I wasn't told about it and paid a high price for a supposedly mint item. :mad: His feedback is excellent otherwise but he's not being helpful in the matter. I own The Monster PF, I've ordered the duo base from a fellow forum member, the Bride is VERY hard to come by these days but I paid a pretty price for a piece that was promised to be mint. Moral of the story: always inspect your statues VERY carefully. Any helpful advice on whether or not it's worth it to fix it or what to do is appreciated!

Photo:

https://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii581/mistermark2/168.jpg

Last edited:
BTW I paid $700 with shipping. My buddy says it's not a huge flaw but for the price I paid it should've definitely been mint (see above link).

I can not really notice the mark in the picture. Looks like some Sideshow QC issue that was missed to me. I don't think I would bother trying to get it repainted.

I can not really notice the mark in the picture. Looks like some Sideshow QC issue that was missed to me. I don't think I would bother trying to get it repainted.

LOL, yeah I've calmed down about it. Already got a repair estimate and anyway, seeing the Bride with The Monster on the duo base together yesterday (duo base just arrived then woohoo!!) made me very happy. Like always, it's a bit of a let down when you find a flaw on a piece but I'm pretty over it now that my Frank set is complete. :yess: I'm lucky to have all three. Thanks!

Congrats on completing the set. I love all the Universal Monsters that Sideshow produced.

Back