Breaking Watchmen News...Not Good!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the 50 or so idiots that took to the streets in protest when they ended the latest Star Trek TV series should go picket this. It will give them something to do with their otherwise meaningless lives. :lecture

Re: Breaking Watchmen News...Not Good!!!

Last I checked, Watchmen IS a DC Comics related topic, and the possible change of release date may affect the release of related figures. No need to be an ass.

Don't know why you consider it an ass to point you to the relevant topic in the relevant section? :confused: I thought the collectibles sections were for discussing collectibles? no worries, just trying to help you out. No need for name calling. happy holidays. :duff

Last edited:

Don't know why you consider it an ass to point you to the relevant topic in the relevant section? :confused: I thought the collectibles sections were for discussing collectibles? no worries, just trying to help you out. No need for name calling. happy holidays. :duff

This has a potential effect on the collectibles we discuss here. Many of us don't visit the entertainment section (honestly, I had no idea it existed, I only travel in the circles where 1:6 figures are discussed, I don't even ever access the main forum page) This is highly relevant, sort of a "news flash" to Watchmen collectors, not everyday discussion. Sorry I perceived your behavior as assanine, but when you jump in and come across as heavyhanded like those "hall monitor" kids we all wanted to punt like footballs when we were in school, expect people to be incensed. Who watches the Watchmen indeed.
If you meant no harm, that's cool, , Happy New Year, but next time you might take a moment to gauge intent before jumping in guns-a-blazing. I didn't want to discuss the movie in general, just whether we'd be getting our toys on time or at all.

I suppose it would. Hot Toys would have to get the approval of Fox for their figures too.

One thing this could help (hopefully) is that if HT does do Watchmen figures, and Fox does have to be involved in approval, maybe it would open the door to Wolverine Origins HT figures.

This has a potential effect on the collectibles we discuss here. Many of us don't visit the entertainment section (honestly, I had no idea it existed, I only travel in the circles where 1:6 figures are discussed, I don't even ever access the main forum page) This is highly relevant, sort of a "news flash" to Watchmen collectors, not everyday discussion. Sorry I perceived your behavior as assanine, but when you jump in and come across as heavyhanded like those "hall monitor" kids we all wanted to punt like footballs when we were in school, expect people to be incensed. Who watches the Watchmen indeed.
If you meant no harm, that's cool, , Happy New Year, but next time you might take a moment to gauge intent before jumping in guns-a-blazing. I didn't want to discuss the movie in general, just whether we'd be getting our toys on time or at all.

To be fair, you could also run a search before posting 2 day old news as a breaking news flash. Odds are it's been posted if it's 2 days old and about a comic movie. Not trying to start anything just making another point since your comment here comes off just as jerky as you assumed entropy's was.

To be fair, you could also run a search before posting 2 day old news as a breaking news flash. Odds are it's been posted if it's 2 days old and about a comic movie. Not trying to start anything just making another point since your comment here comes off just as jerky as you assumed entropy's was.

It was 3am, I was tired, and I had seen no mention of it in the toy sections I read. Like I said, I didn't even know there was pure entertainment discussion, but even so, that isn't where I would have posted it. I wanted the toy folk to know. I check more than a few entertainment sites, and most of them were late with the news. I think Christmas Eve/Day slowed the news process to where things didn't get reported as fast as usual. Oh, and it was only a day old when I posted it.

It was a newsflash - if you're referring to it being posted in the spoiler thread - that's now off limits to many people since they're trying to remain spoiler free. Personally I'd prefer spoiler threads not get started until after the release of a film.

...honestly, I had no idea it existed...

That's why I was bringing it to your attention that the subject was already being discussed elsewhere and that there was in fact a movie/tv section. Not sure how that was perceived as meaning harm. It's exactly what I've seen the mods do countless times.

And I can see why many would avoid the spoiler thread anyway.

I know how easy it is to lash out and get defensive when tired and cranky. Apology accepted. :chew

Damn, that's some bull^^^^. I hope it doesnt get pushed back.

And i'm glad someone (Drizzle) posted this thread because i can't go into the Watchmen thread because i havnt finished the book and and i don't want to see and read all kinds of stuff about the movie before it's released.

One thing this could help (hopefully) is that if HT does do Watchmen figures, and Fox does have to be involved in approval, maybe it would open the door to Wolverine Origins HT figures.

Don't fret, Drizzle, even if Hot Toys doesn't produce any 1/6 Watchmen figs, at least you'll have the DCDs...
:wacky

I wasn't looking for it in the documents, but I'm pretty sure there's nothing about merchandiser licensing. Even if Fox gets some distribution rights, WB is still the owner of the picture and thus has merchandising rights. It won't effect any product coming out.

I wasn't looking for it in the documents, but I'm pretty sure there's nothing about merchandiser licensing. Even if Fox gets some distribution rights, WB is still the owner of the picture and thus has merchandising rights. It won't effect any product coming out.

So is that the problem with the Adam West Batman show? Fox owns the show, but WB/DC owns the characters? What a mess. I can't imagine this will turn out any better. :sick

Well, I read that the reason Fox challenged WB for the distribution rights of Watchmen was because they were trying to free up the DVD rights for 60's Batman series. Which has been held up by WB as they own the character, but Fox owns that show's rights... I thought it was Fox trying to leverage WB to allow them to release the show on DVD. It's a shame really (that they didn't settle) because I've always wanted to get that show on DVD season box-sets and I want to see this movie released by WB solely, as I'm not (and I don't think I'm alone on this...) a fan of FOX and the way they handle most things!

So is that the problem with the Adam West Batman show? Fox owns the show, but WB/DC owns the characters? What a mess. I can't imagine this will turn out any better. :sick

Well, I read that the reason Fox challenged WB for the distribution rights of Watchmen was because they were trying to free up the DVD rights for 60's Batman series. Which has been held up by WB as they own the character, but Fox owns that show's rights... !

No, that rumor is going around, but it's not true, or at least not completely true. The daughter of the creator of the TV show is suing for syndication royalties on the show as well - but their are even more impediments to DVDs coming out besides that and WB owning the character and preventing Fox from releasing the show.

Here's a pretty good article that sums up all the problems about the Batman series comming to DVD.

It's not just WB/DC that is delaying the DVD release. It's also the tons of other people involved with the series as well.

:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I don't think I'll ever see any kind of release for this series.

https://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Batman-Watchmen-Batman-Deal-Reported/10573

I have a feeling this movie could be a Major Flop anyway. I'm not saying it will be a bad movie. I just feel it might not translate to the general public. So this WB/Fox fight could be pointless

Yeah. I mean the thing is, when lets say kids, 16, 17 go in expecting this big action adventure film, and see Watchmen....the buzz to their friends would be bad. I know this...because I'll live it. So i'm making sure to tell everyone that it is not an action film. Hope they understand. :(

Yeah. I mean the thing is, when lets say kids, 16, 17 go in expecting this big action adventure film, and see Watchmen....the buzz to their friends would be bad. I know this...because I'll live it. So i'm making sure to tell everyone that it is not an action film. Hope they understand. :(

Exactly. I don't even know if this could even translate properly into a good movie.

I have a feeling this movie could be a Major Flop anyway. I'm not saying it will be a bad movie. I just feel it might not translate to the general public. So this WB/Fox fight could be pointless

Yeah, I smell a flop too. I remember seeing the trailer at the movies and getting a general sense of confusion followed quickly by apathy from the audience. I don't see this one grabbing the public like the flashy mindless violence of 300 did.

Back