Breaking Bad

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Breaking Bad Offer from Katzenberg: $75 Million for Three Extra Episodes | Variety

"He explained that he had intended to show the extra content as six-minute segments over 30 days online."

Yeah cause that's how Breaking Bad is supposed to be experienced and enjoyed. I know there have been webisodes but they weren't really part of the main narrative, but this would have been since it follows up on the finale.

35an13s.jpg

That's a couple of times that LOST has been mentioned in this thread. I gave up after season 4, or whenever it was, because I thought I was being taken for a ride. That the writing was seat-of-pants kind of stuff, full of narrative dead ends and seemingly pointless or too-convenient plot points. Then I catch the finale and cop the whole, "it was all a dream" chestnut. If it ever comes up in conversation, I put it out there that it is the worst show I have ever watched - even though I never saw it through.

Is this worth rewatching in its entirety? Will it be rewarding watching the last 3 or whatever seasons, or if I saw fit to disengage at that point first time round then I won't get anything further out of it a second time?

That's a couple of times that LOST has been mentioned in this thread. I gave up after season 4, or whenever it was, because I thought I was being taken for a ride. That the writing was seat-of-pants kind of stuff, full of narrative dead ends and seemingly pointless or too-convenient plot points. Then I catch the finale and cop the whole, "it was all a dream" chestnut. If it ever comes up in conversation, I put it out there that it is the worst show I have ever watched - even though I never saw it through.

Is this worth rewatching in its entirety? Will it be rewarding watching the last 3 or whatever seasons, or if I saw fit to disengage at that point first time round then I won't get anything further out of it a second time?

754.gif

I watched all the seasons of Lost in 3 days. I will not do something like that again nor do i recommend it! lol :lol

I call bull. If you add up all episodes of 6 seasons of Lost, you're clocking in at about 85 hours. How many hours are there in 3 days? :lecture

Beren

P.S. Lemme guess, you also walked 10 miles barefoot to school back in the day, come hail or shine... :wink1:

DUUUDE... Seriously? You just skipped to the final episode? All I can say is Lost and BSG are for me the top 2 TV shows of the last 10 years. (and BrBa is a close third). I pity you for skipping season 4, 5 and 6! And BTW, no it's not all a "dream". Everything that happened on the island, *happened*. :)

How can you say it's the worst show ever when you haven't even watched the whole damned thing? :slap

Beren

P.S. yes, I'd say it's worth rewatching. Especially on bluray on 60" TV. :)

All I can say is Lost and BSG are for me the top 2 TV shows of the last 10 years.

Top 2? BSG? I loved BSG. But if I could take just ten series with me to a tropical island to watch forever on loop until I died... lemme see.... The Wire, Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire, Madmen, Vikings, Deadwood... OK, BSG scrapes in. But I haven't got round to West Wing, Walking Dead or Treme, so it could be tight.

Re: No love for Breaking Bad?

I felt cheated of all the time I had invested watching Lost by that lame-o ending. S1-3 are worth a watch but thereafter it came off the rails.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

Re: No love for Breaking Bad?

I felt cheated of all the time I had invested watching Lost by that lame-o ending. S1-3 are worth a watch but thereafter it came off the rails.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

I stopped watching lost the second they started time-travelling. The show was written with NO IDEA where it was going. They would just make stuff up without any clue what the big picture was.

I agree with Beren. LOST was probably the greatest series finale ever. I know it was pretty divisive though. A lot of people hated but just as many found it extreme, cathartic, and a highly satisfying end.

LOST remains one of the greatest television shows of all time. Season 1 is especially masterful, but they are all great. Season 5 and 6 lose their way a bit but that series finale is incredibly rewarding to those who stick with the journey and the characters.

https://blogs.indiewire.com/theplay...ad-finale-was-too-violent-ridiculous-20131009

“I don’t know if you saw the denouement [of 'Breaking Bad'], I happen to not watch the series very much, but I happened to tune in and I saw the most ridiculous 15 minutes of a movie – it would be laughed off the screen,” he told Forbes, adding: “Nobody could park his car right then and there and could have a machine gun that could go off perfectly and kill all of the bad guys! It would be a joke.”

And Stone says it's not that he thinks anything should be banned, but filmmakers should really ponder the consequences of what they show on screen. “It’s only in the movies that you find this kind of fantasy violence. And that’s infected the American culture; you young people believe all of this ****! Batman and Superman, you’ve lost your minds, and you don ‘t even know it! At least respect violence. I’m not saying don’t show violence, but show it with authenticity," he said, adding: "...when you’ve reached this height of technology level of a Michael [Bay], of a 'Transformers,' I don’t understand the meaning of it and the reason for it, except that it appeals to some visual sense, some kinetic sense of dynamism and a need for action. But action is not always a solution, character is.”

LOL. I don't even need to say it? Do I?

Back