Breaking Bad

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get what Stone was saying and don't have a problem with it. It was a preposterous plan that depended on a ton of coincidences that Walt could not have possibly known when preparing (sweep of the M60 is perfectly aligned with the size of the clubhouse, all the Neo-Nazis are inside, aside from the one guarding outside who is also the first shot, they let Walt park where he wanted, they didn't consider the possibility of a car bomb, etc.). Overall it was a great finale but it's the first of Walt's schemes/solutions where I've had to actively suspend my disbelief to that degree. I had no problem believing how he lured Gus to his death, for example, whereas the M60 scenario seems a little fantastical.

I get what Stone was saying and don't have a problem with it. It was a preposterous plan that depended on a ton of coincidences that Walt could not have possibly known when preparing (sweep of the M60 is perfectly aligned with the size of the clubhouse, all the Neo-Nazis are inside, aside from the one guarding outside who is also the first shot, they let Walt park where he wanted, they didn't consider the possibility of a car bomb, etc.). Overall it was a great finale but it's the first of Walt's schemes/solutions where I've had to actively suspend my disbelief to that degree. I had no problem believing how he lured Gus to his death, for example, whereas the M60 scenario seems a little fantastical.

Pretty much this. The finale was one big "in theory'.

It was just another instance of Walt playing dumb, like "I dunno where you want me to go".

Same thing he did with Hank in the car when he missed the turn to the laundry facility and instead turned into incoming traffic.

Hasn't his character always been been spur of the moment?

Anthony Hopkins is one of my very favorite actors. Its great that he took the time to commend Cranston on his Walter White portrayal and giving credit to everyone involved in BrBa. He's certainly a class act...unlike Oliver Stone who's a bitter old guy.

Hey guys.

I just got back from New York Comic Con and picked up a few prints exclusive to the show. They're from Mark Pingitore, who is a current artist on the Garbage Pail Kids trading cards. Anyway, I bought an original from him- Walter White. I also picked up a few prints to help recoup some of my costs.

Each print is hand signed and numbered and limited to a run of only 15.

I was also able to get 1 Halloween print before they sold out. Send me a PM if you're interested!

Re: No love for Breaking Bad?

Love those Walter white prints.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

*whistles* High praise and from such an esteemed actor as Hopkins. Also cool to know someone of his calibre was just on the edge of his seat as we all were watching the series.

Unrelated, but Ript Apparel has the following t-shirt available for only the next 7 or so hrs ($10.00). Thought some in here might want to pick it up.

king-of-crystals-detail_81708_cached_thumb_-928107ac47da4bc345a3edd84ac43cf3.jpg

Anthony Hopkins also sent Michael C Hall a letter, but nobody has posted it on facebook.

I got a copy of it..

Dear Mister Hall.

I wanted to write you this email – so I am contacting you through your agency, which surprisingly still works with you.

I've just finished a marathon of watching “DEXTER” – from episode one of the First Season – to the last twelve episodes of the Eighth Season. (I illegally streamed the last season because I couldn't bring myself to spend any more money for DVD's of your show even though I am rich) A total of five weeks viewing, time I will never get back. Time that as an older gentleman, I could have used for other activities such as dusting off my numerous awards or simply staring at the wall. Two things infinitely more entertaining than the last three seasons of your show.

I have never watched anything like it. Other than car wrecks I've passed along the side of the road.

Your performance as Dexter Morgan started off great, but then decayed into the worst acting I have seen – ever.

I know there is so many bull**** TV shows and movies in this business, and I've sort of lost belief that anything could be more repugnant and dreadful than something starring Rob Schneider or Jamie Kennedy.

But this "work" of yours made me hate this business even more. What is extraordinary, is the sheer ineptitude of everyone in the entire production. What was it? Six or seven years in the making? How the producers (yourself being one of them), the writers, directors, cinematographers…. every department – casting etc. managed to run the show into the ground like an Ostrich burying its head is (that over used phrase) a mind ****.

From what started as a black comedy, descended into a labyrinth of soap opera love stories and random subplots with no point. It made Two And A Half Men look like a great Jacobean, Shakespearian or Greek Tragedy in comparison.

If you ever get a chance to – would you pass on my disdain to everyone – Jennifer Carpenter, David Zayas, James Remar, C.S. Lee, Desmond Harrington, Lauren Vélez – everyone – everyone who participated in the slow, deliberate and calculated murder of my love of acting … The list is endless.

**** you. That kind of maladroitness is rare, and when, once in a while, it occurs, as in this horrendous work, it obliterates confidence.

You and all the cast are the worst actors I've ever seen. And that's coming from an actor who was in "Freejack" with Emilio Estevez and Mick Jagger.

I felt a great amount of sorrow and remorse when I read that you had Cancer.. since I wished for exactly that after finishing season seven. But after witnessing the Dexter Lumberjack finale of season eight I'm satisfied with the results of my wish. It's almost midnight out here in Malibu, and I felt compelled to write this email.

I hope a real serial killer (who isn't busy playing house) eats all of your liver's with some fava beans and a nice Chianti. I'd even settle for just a mentally deranged fellow stabbing all of your throats with a rusty fork at this point.

A former fan,

Tony Hopkins.

Back