Breaking Bad

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just think a lot of people watch this show with a strange view on things. No character is purely good, or purely evil. Except the Nazis. :lol, they're filthy evil. They all have different reasonings for their choices. Sure, I might not want a certain character to intersect with another character....but I don't hate any character for feeling a certain way, especially when they go out of their way to explain why.

It's not like The Walking Dead where character is rarely explored, and things change in every episode. In Breaking Bad, they make sure you understand why Hank and Marie loathe Walt and Skyler, despite being pretty much family. Heisenberg has ****ed up their life too. Although, mostly indirectly...but still.

I just think a lot of people watch this show with a strange view on things. No character is purely good, or purely evil. Except the Nazis. :lol, they're filthy evil. They all have different reasonings for their choices. Sure, I might not want a certain character to intersect with another character....but I don't hate any character for feeling a certain way, especially when they go out of their way to explain why.

It's not like The Walking Dead where character is rarely explored, and things change in every episode. In Breaking Bad, they make sure you understand why Hank and Marie loathe Walt and Skyler, despite being pretty much family. Heisenberg has ****ed up their life too. Although, mostly indirectly...but still.

That show has lost it's way :lol

At least the first two seasons were good.

I don't understand people who totally root for Walt. I understand rooting for Walt, because he's a great character...but if you don't see where Jesse is coming from, you're kinda nuts in the head. If you can't see how Walt ****ed his life up 20 ways to Sunday....well....Christ. Walt does care about Jesse. But even so, he still let his girlfriend die, when he could've saved her. He still poisoned a child, which is a horrible thing that you cannot justify. He constantly manipulates him and lies all the time.

Walt is a bastard. But the kind of Bastard to love. He's just like Scarface. But saying Jesse needs to die, is like saying Tony did the right thing by shooting his friend for dating his sister. You can blame it on Jesse....but who lured him in the first place? Who pulled all the strings? Who killed Gus Fring, Mike, Hector...ect....just so he could create his super empire of meth? Jesse wanted out on multiple occasions. But Walt, sucked him back in.

C'mon.

well you could say that Jesse's girlfriend was an awful person that used Jesse because of his money, and she threatened Walt. I am not saying letting someone die is a good thing, But you also have to see it from Walt's point of view.
Besides it wasn't Walt's fault she died, She did that to herself. Jesse would have probably died if he stayed with her. I am not defending Walt for letting her die, Like, I am not saying letting someone die is a good thing or anything.

But why did she die in the first place? she didn't have to use Jesse for his money and she didn't have to try to blackmail Walt...

As far as for rooting for Walt, He retired from cooking, he might die soon, Everything he did was for his family.

I mean, really, how many times did Walt save Jesse? how many times? how many times did Walt risk his Own safety to save Jesse, Over and over. Jesse didn't care about his life for a while, all he cared about was partying and drugs. I am not saying Walt is a saint either, but at least Walt had a noble cause for cooking in the first place.
Jesse would have died a long time ago if Walt didn't care about him.

I will agree that poisoning the kid was pretty messed up. That is the one thing Walt messed up on.

I don't understand people who totally root for Walt. I understand rooting for Walt, because he's a great character...but if you don't see where Jesse is coming from, you're kinda nuts in the head. If you can't see how Walt ****ed his life up 20 ways to Sunday....well....Christ. Walt does care about Jesse. But even so, he still let his girlfriend die, when he could've saved her. He still poisoned a child, which is a horrible thing that you cannot justify. He constantly manipulates him and lies all the time.

Walt is a bastard. But the kind of Bastard to love. He's just like Scarface. But saying Jesse needs to die, is like saying Tony did the right thing by shooting his friend for dating his sister. You can blame it on Jesse....but who lured him in the first place? Who pulled all the strings? Who killed Gus Fring, Mike, Hector...ect....just so he could create his super empire of meth? Jesse wanted out on multiple occasions. But Walt, sucked him back in.

C'mon.

I think you're failing to see who Jesse was to begin with. Even without Walt in his life, "Captain Cook" wasn't long for this world. Hell, you could argue that Jesse wouldn't have even existed up to this point, had it not been for Walt killing Emilio and Crazy 8, as you know that Crazy 8 most certainly wasn't going to let his cousin know that he was an informant.

Same goes for Jane. Did you really think they were just going to quit, cold turkey, when they had all that money? Jesse even admitted in "Fly" that he would've been dead inside of a week. I get that Jesse loved her, but Jane was no good. Was Walt wrong by not saving her? Absolutely, but, when a solution to a problem arises, by a(n) (un)happy accident, most of the time, you don't say, "nah, I'll find another way."

Brock was a means to an end. Walt knew what he was doing, and, again, although it was an undeniably horrid act, it was for the greater good of he and Jesse. It was only a matter of time before Fring decided to expunge Jesse and Walt from his business (or, rather, from life, itself), and Jesse needed a "dramatic example to shake him out of apathy," to paraphrase Batman Begins.

Walt isn't a good person; he's nowhere near as pure as his product, but he isn't all bad, either. While one could argue that everything I stated above was strictly for self-preservation, I think that he did all of it just as much for Jesse as for himself. It was only when Jesse became a threat to his own family that he made the decision to call in Todd's uncle. Going back to The Godfather films, Walt loves Jesse like Michael loves Fredo, but, at the end of the day, you can only deal with so much betrayal.

I never called Jesse king of the nice people either. I just find it creepy that people SUPPORT the **** that Walt's done. Walt's a prideful ******* who just didn't want to be bossed around. Mike summed it up perfectly.

Walt saved Jesse. Sure. Good for him. But Walt also forced him to murder, and a whole bunch of other **** using the power of manipulation. Both characters are right and wrong about each other. And that's why it's great. Because, unless you're blind, you can see where each character is coming from, and why they did what they did.

I don't hate Walt. I love all these characters. They're all incredibly complex. Way too complex to root for just one.

I don't want Jesse to die, I don't want Walt to die, I don't want Hank to die, and if Walt Jr dies, i'm gonna punch someone in the face.

I never called Jesse king of the nice people either. I just find it creepy that people SUPPORT the **** that Walt's done. Walt's a prideful ******* who just didn't want to be bossed around. Mike summed it up perfectly.

Walt saved Jesse. Sure. Good for him. But Walt also forced him to murder, and a whole bunch of other **** using the power of manipulation. Both characters are right and wrong about each other. And that's why it's great. Because, unless you're blind, you can see where each character is coming from, and why they did what they did.

I don't hate Walt. I love all these characters. They're all incredibly complex. Way too complex to root for just one.

I don't want Jesse to die, I don't want Walt to die, I don't want Hank to die, and if Walt Jr dies, i'm gonna punch someone in the face.

yeah that is true

And also, about the whole "If Walt never came into the picture thing, who Jesse was before, blah blah..."

Understand Jesse Pinkman. Outcast. Probably never fit in with anyone at school, outside of a few social outcasts. Parents, probably got tired of his **** early on and never really supported him, or helped him. Jesse is a **** up. But. But....he's not a bad guy. He cooked crystal meth, and flunked out of school. But that doesn't make him evil.

Dumb, maybe. But not evil.

I wasn't saying that he was, I was just saying that he got his life into some messed up **** before Walt ever came into the picture, and, good guy or not, it was only a matter of time before the Grim Reaper came a callin' with that kind of lifestyle. At the end of the day, I suppose it would be apt to say that Walt was Jesse's salvation and damnation, all rolled into one.

I think Jesse never recovered from killing Gale for Walt, and that was when the ball started rolling for him truly hating Walt.

Man... I really wish we had one more season. Or at least 6 more episodes. This show is so good right now........ With the new nazi guys, they could have probably have one more season.
This story line with them just started, and the show is just going to end... :(

Maybe. Maybe not. You never know.

When Jesse felt like he got in too deep with Walt, he wanted out, to start a new life.

Could've happend.

Walt loves Jesse. That's very true. But he just made some calls which may have benefited him, but only ****ed Jesse up. Which caused that great scene of Walt completely heart broken in last night's episode.

He never thought Jesse would do that. But then again, he didn't realize how much he pushed Jesse.

I think that's where interpretation comes into play. People can support things without thinking that they're good. Like I said, he's done some reprehensible things, but I think of them as "necessary evils."

As far as Fring goes, I don't think it's quite as simple as "Walt didn't want to be bossed around." Fring was a time bomb disguised as a clock; cold, calculating, and rational, but willing to explode at a moment's notice. As long as Fring was in the picture, Walt and Jesse were living on borrowed time. The Mexicans, Gail; everything pointed towards Walt and Jesse being expendable. Fring wasn't interested in them, he was interested in their product, and, the minute their one wildcard was out of their hands, they were as good as dead.

Using Mike's quote about Walt killing Fring because he didn't like being bossed around is the equivalent of Bob the Goon's testimonial that The Joker was "a real stand-up guy who never did anyone any harm." Mike had known and worked for Fring for years, and he wasn't going anywhere, even if Walt and Jesse did. Walt was perfectly justified in killing Fring, in my opinion. I can't say I approve of the way he did it, but, at the end of the day, that was Salamanca's choice.

I think that's where interpretation comes into play. People can support things without thinking that they're good. Like I said, he's done some reprehensible things, but I think of them as "necessary evils."

As far as Fring goes, I don't think it's quite as simple as "Walt didn't want to be bossed around." Fring was a time bomb disguised as a clock; cold, calculating, and rational, but willing to explode at a moment's notice. As long as Fring was in the picture, Walt and Jesse were living on borrowed time. The Mexicans, Gail; everything pointed towards Walt and Jesse being expendable. Fring wasn't interested in them, he was interested in their product, and, the minute their one wildcard was out of their hands, they were as good as dead.

Using Mike's quote about Walt killing Fring because he didn't like being bossed around is the equivalent of Bob the Goon's testimonial that The Joker was "a real stand-up guy who never did anyone any harm." Mike had known and worked for Fring for years, and he wasn't going anywhere, even if Walt and Jesse did. Walt was perfectly justified in killing Fring, in my opinion. I can't say I approve of the way he did it, but, at the end of the day, that was Salamanca's choice.

:exactly:

Hector wanted Fring dead so bad, but he was stuck in the state that he was in. Fring most of been taunting him for years, which was justified in itself since he killed his lover. And when Fring told him that the twins were dead, and Tuco was gone, he had nothing to be there for anymore so why not take out the man you hate the most at the same time.

Walt brought all this bad karma on himself. If he just stayed out from between Fring and Jesse, he could of retired after a year or so after Walt trained a new cook.

awesome episode, but how the hell did no one get killed in that scene so far???????? I mean the totally wiped out the first guys army that was cooking meth in the buried bus, so how did they do that and cant shot to uncovered DEA agent in plain view with their sights on them....:dunno

ok maybe a bit nitpicking, still excellent episode.:yess:

maybe these 2 images will explain it better...

22344.jpg

1144.jpg

I'm worried for my heart when it reaches the final episode.

It was pounding for those last couple scenes in last night's episode so I can only imagine what the final episode will do.

People phap over Darth Vader, Freddy, Jason and lots of other psychos. Walter White is no different. Not like Hank is a straight cop either. :dunno

People phap over Darth Vader, Freddy, Jason and lots of other psychos. Walter White is no different. Not like Hank is a straight cop either. :dunno

can you imagine the reason freddy or Jason were killing so many people was to save their families? :rotfl:rotfl (I'm doing this for my family!) :lol

Back