Breaking Bad

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I crushed through the first 3 seasons last weekend. Now, it's just painful to wait a week between episodes.

:gah:

I didn't realize how gripping the show was until I had to wait 7 days to see what happens next. Also, as a funny note, I watched Season 4 out of order and accidentally watched last week's ep after ep 3, so when I started watching ep 4, I was like "Cool, flashback ep" then when I watched ep 5, I was like "wa-a-a-a-a-it a minute here, something goofy's going on" and as I finally got back to ep 7 I felt pretty dumb, hahahaha.

Season 1 Episode 1 down! EPIC!!!

Knew I would like this show and the first episode certainly has not disappointed :)

About time. Now you need to get on watching Deadwood and Boardwalk Empire!

:lol

It is, this show has been on my radar for a while just needed to finish a few other things first.

Bought Deadwood seasons 1-3 the other day bud so that is next when I have done all 4 seasons of BB :)

I have done all of season 1 Boardwalk bud and it was amazing, really looking forward to season 2 now

:lol

It is, this show has been on my radar for a while just needed to finish a few other things first.

Bought Deadwood seasons 1-3 the other day bud so that is next when I have done all 4 seasons of BB :)

I have done all of season 1 Boardwalk bud and it was amazing, really looking forward to season 2 now

Good man. I can't wait for more Boardwalk, the previews for S.2 have been really well made.

Only just finished series 2 . What a finale. There's no release date for series 3 DVD in the uk. What an agonising wait. This show leaves me speechless.

What a show! Just finished season 1 and rated it 10/10

It is right up there with Sopranos

Can't wait for season 2 now :)

What a show! Just finished season 1 and rated it 10/10

It is right up there with Sopranos

Can't wait for season 2 now :)

The problem for me with the Sopranos is that I found the key characters terribly one-dimensional - with the exception of Camilla. Breaking Bad is an excellent piece of character-based story telling, and the timing/pacing of the story arcs is superb. It's 'lighter' than The Sopranos in some respects, but I rate it higher because I can invest a lot more in the characters. And it just keeps getting better :)

The problem for me with the Sopranos is that I found the key characters terribly one-dimensional - with the exception of Camilla. Breaking Bad is an excellent piece of character-based story telling, and the timing/pacing of the story arcs is superb. It's 'lighter' than The Sopranos in some respects, but I rate it higher because I can invest a lot more in the characters. And it just keeps getting better :)

Wow! Seriously?

I think the last thing I could call the characters in Sopranos is one dimensional but each to his own :dunno

This is a cracking show and I have just watched episode one of season two and wow it was awesome! Walter just cracks me up so much!

Walter White is my favourite fictional Character ever. Bryan Cranston is so kick ass in the role.

I watched Season 1 and some of season 2 before, but I think I'll rewatch it from the beginning since Netflix now has 1-3.

Wow! Seriously?

I think the last thing I could call the characters in Sopranos is one dimensional but each to his own :dunno

This is a cracking show and I have just watched episode one of season two and wow it was awesome! Walter just cracks me up so much!

:lol Most people wouldn't agree with me. Don't get me wrong, I loved the Sopranos when I watched it, and it was a groundbreaking show. But when I compare it to shows that followed - shows that wouldn't have happened without The Sops - I look back on the characters and think, "those guys were all A-holes". Everyone from Tony Snr to Christopher to Paulie. Those who weren't completely unlikeable were sappy: Meadow, TJ, Artie... I personally found there to be very little conflict in the characters. Though along with Camilla (Carmela?) Adriana was another exception.

Then shows like The Wire came along and showed that the whole goodguys and badguys thing was very grey and told its story through flawed, very human characters. The development of Walt's character is rivetting, and he is well supported by those around him. Jesse, Hank, Skyler... I can't get enough of it :)

I just think it's interesting how we're not even really rooting for Walter to succeed anymore. He's more or less just an ass now.

It seems like we're rooting for Hank now, which is ironic because he was an ass when the show started. Of course, he was an ass at the beginning of the season but. . . yeah, okay I don't know where I'm going with this. :lol

All the characters are more or less jerks, Jesse was selling meth to the kids who were trying to recover. Skyler was all too clear about how she ____ed Ted. . . man, THAT one really pissed me off.

Walter Jr's cool. Hell, maybe HE'S gonna turn out to be the hero by the time it's all said and done.

Back