Breaking Bad

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's my thing. I'm not saying that Walt is a good guy, but I can't stand this "he's the embodiment of evil" B.S. he's no more "the embodiment of evil" than Jesse is, but, apparently, it's easier to sympathize with Jesse because he incessantly whines about the **** he did.

It is though.

See, I know what you're saying....but life isn't all about Manly men, vs weak men. Yes. Walter White rose up from being a meek science teacher who was constantly **** on by everyone, to becoming one of, if not the biggest meth dealer in the state of New Mexico. He rose up.

Jesse was never that kind of person. He was a frail man, trapped in a 'thug's' body. Dude has a heart. He went down the wrong road, but he does care about people....kinda. He still dealt meth. :lol But his character arc, is he rose down. He broke good. Slowly. You can't really call him good....but he's a lot more sympathetic then any other character right now. Except for Walt Jr. I love dat kid. :D

But see, most people who don't have that mentality of "PSSSH...HE NO MAN. HE NOT STRONG" will look at a character who constantly hates what he has done, who constantly feels tortured by all the horrible, godawful things he and Walt have done and go "Get over it". He can't. Especially killing Drew Sharp. That was the moment he pretty much lost it. How can this man whistle and be cheery after they just MURDERED AND SHOVED A CHILD IN BARREL OF ACID. Jesse was a part of it. He feels it. Walt, does not.

And that is why, most people like Jesse. It's just sad people have resorted too "AWW HE WHINEY *****. WHY DON'T HE JUST GET OVER IT AND MURDER MORE PEOPLE LIKE WALT.". Sorry, the world doesn't work that way. And while this is a TV show which can be highly unrealistic, they do a damn good job at making the characters feel very realistic.

I'm not saying that he's not a man, nor am I saying that he should murder more people. I just don't think that his wearing his heart on his sleeve makes him any less innocent than Walt is, and I don't think that his sanctimoniousness is deserved. I do think that, at his core, Jesse's a good kid, but, if I may quote Batman Begins, "it's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you."

You may say that Walt is responsible for what Jesse has become, but Jesse is the Victor Frankenstein to "Heisenberg" just as much. Had he not pushed and prodded, Walt would've finished his arrangement with Gus, walked away with his $5 million, and lived out the rest of his days until the Cancer took him. In a lot of ways, Jesse is to blame, just as much as Walt is.

Please don't quote Batman Begins.

And you should re-watch season 3-4 again. Jesse was the loose canon, until Mike and Gus worked out his kinks and made him into an asset. Walt was the loose canon to them. So it's Walt's fault. And it has been from the start.

I can assure you Walter White has ruined more lives then Jesse Pinkman has.

Butt Iz a gord movie.

I just rewatched season 3. Jesse would've never been made into an "asset" if not for Walt's intervention. It was always Jesse. Hell, Walt almost missed his meeting with Fring because Jesse was high out of his mind. At the end of the day, we view things how we want to view them. You've got the Jesse tinted Sunglasses on, and I'm a proud owner of a pair of Walt-Bans.:lol

I won't even defend Walter. He is not as though as people say and most of the time it was pure luck or his brain that saved him.

But Walt is manipulative, hypocritical, Walt is a coward at times, has a huge ego problem, always has to be right.

And yet Still, Jesse is an idiot and doesn't deserve to life the live that Walt saved so many times, even when Walt's life was in danger for doing so.

meme.jpg

Fix that link!!! Can't see! :(

Better?? :)

Interesting:

https://personalitypsych2011.wikispaces.com/Walter+White

Last edited:
Walt, Jesse, who cares. Why has the last few pages turned into this weird Walt vs. Jesse pissing contest?

I think the two of them are going to be bros to the bitter end. They've had this friendship and surrogate father/son thing going on since season 1, there's a love there. I think sad times are a head and once one of them loses the other they'll have a complete mental break down. The only reason Walt called that hit on Jesse is because he thought he was trying to kill him and/or his family. I see so many people misinterpreting the end of the last episode thinking "Walt will let him die now, he spit on him", when it's clear that Walt doesn't want any harm to come to Hank, Jesse or Gomez after he discovers that Jesse really just ratted him out to Hank. Hank IS family and Jesse is like family (a son or a nephew). It wouldn't surprise me if that flash forward with the machine gun we've seen is for Hank AND Jesse.

As far as "good guys" and "bad guys", this show is called "Breaking Bad". We've seen almost every character either "break bad" or "break good". The most important thing is change. The most interesting characters in this show are the ones that have shown this change and have been allowed to have an arc. This includes Walt, Jesse, Skylar, Hank, Marie, etc. This fan stuff of rooting for a particular character like "Team Walt" or "Team Jesse" is stupid and missing the point of the show. It's meant to be tragic and depressing not, "oh man, this drug dealer lord is kewl".

Last edited:

That was a fascinating read. Thanks for posting it, Jo.

Walt, Jesse, who cares. Why has the last few pages turned into this weird Walt vs. Jesse pissing contest?

I think the two of them are going to be bros to the bitter end. They've had this friendship and surrogate father/son thing going on since season 1, there's a love there. I think sad times are a head and once one of them loses the other they'll have a complete mental break down. The only reason Walt called that hit on Jesse is because he thought he was trying to kill him and/or his family. I see so many people misinterpreting the end of the last episode thinking "Walt will let him die now, he spit on him", when it's clear that Walt doesn't want any harm to come to Hank, Jesse or Gomez after he discovers that Jesse really just ratted him out to Hank. Hank IS family and Jesse is like family (a son or a nephew). It wouldn't surprise me if that flash forward with the machine gun we've seen is for Hank AND Jesse.

As far as "good guys" and "bad guys", this show is called "Breaking Bad". We've seen almost every character either "break bad" or "break good". The most important thing is change. The most interesting characters in this show are the ones that have shown this change and have been allowed to have an arc. This includes Walt, Jesse, Skylar, Hank, Marie, etc. This fan stuff of rooting for a particular character like "Team Walt" or "Team Jesse" is stupid and missing the point of the show. It's meant to be tragic and depressing not, "oh man, this drug dealer lord is kewl".

Contrary to what my posts may allude, I like Jesse, and I like Walt, I'm just saying that neither of them is inherently good or evil, and I think that one of the things that hasn't been brought up, yet, regarding Walt, is what you pointed out; how willing he was to sacrifice everything he'd worked for, if it meant keeping Hank and Jesse safe. Point is: Walt isn't the monster that Chili P is making him out to be. If I had my way, they'd both make it out, but I just think that it's a bit unfair to single Walt out as being "evil" (a gross exaggeration, IMO) while Jesse is extremely flawed, as well.

Good post, DiFabio, but I think you're misinterpreting the "Team Walt/Jesse" stuff a little. Just people having a bit of a laugh, really, and doesn't mean they don't understand the fundamentals. I get the father/son connection, but I think if Hank and Gomez are killed indirectly as a result of Jesse's actions, Walt will have a hard time forgiving it. Pretty sure Walt is done with Jesse at this point but we'll find out tomorrow.

Last edited:
Good post, DiFabio, but I think you're misinterpreting the "Team Walk/Jesse" stuff a little. Just people having a bit of a laugh, really, and doesn't mean they don't understand the fundamentals. I get the father/son connection, but I think if Hank and Gomez are killed indirectly as a result of Jesse's actions, Walt will have a hard time forgiving it. Pretty sure Walt is done with Jesse at this point but we'll find out tomorrow.

Between the Oranges and "What did Tom Hagen do for Vito Corleone," part of me thinks that Jesse could very well wind up being Walt's Fredo. Someone that he loves dearly, but who went too far over the line and now has to suffer the consequences.

So what's the final predictions from everyone as for who dies tonight? Gomez? Hank? JESSE??? Or maybe no one at all?

Back