Breaking Bad

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never said that either. But he's the only character that understands the **** he did is wrong.

Walt doesn't. He's the villain of the show. Root for the villain as the villain. He's not a hero. He's the worst person in the show. (As a person, not as a character. He's the BEST character on the show).

Skyler used to be the only shining light of morality, until she decided to break bad. So.

And also...

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/08/breaking-bad-final-season_n_3720937.html

You're right. And that's what really interests me about the show in these last couple of years, or rather, people's reaction to it. A lot of fans I interact with, a lot of folks I talk to, really think he's a good guy. And I'm not saying they're wrong, but I am saying that that surprises me every time I hear it, because by design we've taken our good guy and had him, through sheer force of will, become a criminal and go down the road to hell that is paved with good intentions. I'm pretty sure his intentions themselves are not even good anymore.

He's a villain now. And he's hopefully a very interesting villain, one that continues to engage us and interest us, but for my money, I'd cross the street to avoid this guy. I mean, he'd be pleasant enough in conversation if you ran into him at the hardware store or whatever, but if you cross this guy, he's going to wreck your life. This is not a guy you'd want in your family.

Yet so many fans I run into want to see him succeed. They want to see him victorious, and they don't like people who get in his way, even when those people who get in his way are good people who have far better intentions than he does. I find that a very interesting development, and I've learned a lot from writing the show. I learned a lot about how we perceive our fictional "heroes." I think it's fascinating. I'm not dismayed by it. I'm not casting aspersions and against anyone who's still rooting for Walt. It just fascinates me.]

Nicked from Tumblr. :D

tumblr_mt3kfmhNdA1qzcyk7o1_500.png

tumblr_mt3kfmhNdA1qzcyk7o2_500.png

tumblr_mt3kfmhNdA1qzcyk7o3_500.png

Dean Norris, the man, said it best. :lol

I never said that either. But he's the only character that understands the **** he did is wrong.

Walt doesn't. He's the villain of the show. Root for the villain as the villain. He's not a hero. He's the worst person in the show. (As a person, not as a character. He's the BEST character on the show).

Skyler used to be the only shining light of morality, until she decided to break bad. So.

And also...

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/08/breaking-bad-final-season_n_3720937.html

Well, then, I think he's a sympathetic character, but not a villain, and I think that it goes back to what Gilligan said: "the road to hell is paved with good intentions." The bottom line is that this show is riddled with grey areas, and I think it's unfair to categorize Walt as Hero or villain. It's simply too...one dimensional. I don't think Walt's a hero. I don't even find him to be a particularly good guy, anymore, but, at the same time, I don't find him to be inherently bad, either. He's done some terrible things, but he had his reasons, and, as I said before, they were all thrust into a bad situation.

Thing is, I still don't see the appeal with Jesse. Paul plays him incredibly, and he's a good character, but I'm supposed to root for you just because you feel bad about it? A Nazi gasses Jews because his boss told him to, but do we root for him because he "feels bad about it?" No. You stood by, you reaped the rewards, and you committed the crimes; don't start blubbering about it like an infant with some sanctimonious vendetta against someone who is no more wrong than you are.

There are many layers to these characters, and I think that, in a lot of ways, that's where some of these arguments come into play. You say "Walt doesn't feel anything." I say " how do you know? Walt has as many dimensions as an actual human being, and, if you know anything about human beings, it's that we're all wired differently. Just because you don't see it on the surface, that doesn't mean it isn't there." This is a man with two children of his own; whom family is most important to. Do you really think that poisoning a child wouldn't weigh on him, at least a little bit? Does it change the fact that it was a ****ed up thing to do? No, but that doesn't mean he doesn't feel anything about it.

Once again. Jesse kills someone. Cries about it. Feels bad?

Walt kills someone. Doesn't cry about it. Feels bad?

Do you see the territory we're venturing into here? Not everyone can be as in touch with their emotions as Mr. Pinkman (heh. So that's why they named him Pinkman).

Again, i'm not a sociopath like you. Sorry, I don't find an evil ******* like Walt to be sympathetic or...ya know....good in anyway. It's like the people who root for Rorschach, without understanding who Rorschach is. :lol I love Rorschach. But Rorschach is a twisted, right winged sociopath who has no clue about morality. I've rooted for Jason, but I know deep down, Jason is a retarded serial killer, and nothing he does is good. But it sure is fun to watch.

I was actually going to say we should drop it, but now....hah. Not any more. :lol.

Again, i'm not a sociopath like you. Sorry, I don't find an evil ******* like Walt to be sympathetic or...ya know....good in anyway. It's like the people who root for Rorschach, without understanding who Rorschach is. :lol I love Rorschach. But Rorschach is a twisted, right winged sociopath who has no clue about morality. I've rooted for Jason, but I know deep down, Jason is a retarded serial killer, and nothing he does is good. But it sure is fun to watch.

I was actually going to say we should drop it, but now....hah. Not any more. :lol.

That was a little rude on my part. I'll admit, and I'll gladly delete my post. That was less directed at you, though, and more directed at that specific statement.:lol

Is this still the Jesse vs. Walt - who is evil and who is not debate????

Both are bad news, IMO.

I hardly see how I'm a sociopath for not seeing how Walt is supposed to be the antichrist, according to you. Tell me what he's done that would make him so vile, with the exception of Brock? Please. Enlighten me.

Is this still the Jesse vs. Walt - who is evil and who is not debate????

Both are bad news, IMO.

That's my thing. I'm not saying that Walt is a good guy, but I can't stand this "he's the embodiment of evil" B.S. he's no more "the embodiment of evil" than Jesse is, but, apparently, it's easier to sympathize with Jesse because he incessantly whines about the **** he did.

That's my thing. I'm not saying that Walt is a good guy, but I can't stand this "he's the embodiment of evil" B.S. he's no more "the embodiment of evil" than Jesse is, but, apparently, it's easier to sympathize with Jesse because he incessantly whines about the **** he did.

I'm a neutral party here, but yeah, I think Walt AND Jesse are guilty in their own way. Jesse could have walked away A LONG time ago, as could have Walt. I think it's easier to sympathize with Jesse at this point because he's trying to 'write some wrongs.' But at the same time, you could argue that Walt was trying to walk away as well and then Jesse 'forced him' into a corner. Jesse just happens to be working with the law, so it 'paints a better picture' for him....all just an opinion though.

Back