1/6 Boy, I sure wish we had a Hot Toys : Kyle Reese from original "Terminator" film

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Boy, I sure wish we had a Hot Toys : Kyle Reese from original "Terminator" film

Terminator Kyle Reese and Sarah Conner are fairly easy bashes. Seen a lot of good ones done over the years. The hardest piece to get is Sarah's tie died shirt. Still gathering a few parts to finish mine up. Plan on using these heads. Would rather see Hot Toys focus on characters like Sif or Nebula that would be very expensive if done as custom runs. Characters like these are fairly easy to put together yourself.

s-l300.jpg

s-l300.jpg

Don't think Hot Toys needs any encouragement to focus on Marvel characters, they're doing that anyway.

Those sculpts and paintjobs are probably the best there is for these characters but I'd still rather see official Hot Toys sculpts and paint quality.

Re: Hot Toys : Kyle Reese from original "Terminator" film

Sorry guys!

I had just finished watching the original film once again and couldn't find a thread on Reese.

Hopefully Hot Toys is watching and they decide to skip one Iron Man figure and release Kyle Reese in it's place...

They won't.

Re: Boy, I sure wish we had a Hot Toys : Kyle Reese from original "Terminator" film

Forgot who made this one. Sculptor? But I think it’s by far the best one.
df960c2f1aba9802931dbf76a8fadca9.jpg

they're both absolutely terrible. i know they're maybe 10 years old and were wonderful then, and they should remain in that time.

Hah, you're responding to another post I don't remember posting.

t800_head.jpg

Those custom Reese and Sarah heads look good, but only if displayed on their own. If you put a current T800 next to them, the difference in quality is too obvious.

View attachment 424157

Those custom Reese and Sarah heads look good, but only if displayed on their own. If you put a current T800 next to them, the difference in quality is too obvious.

I collect action figures. I am not interested in failed attempts at creating 1/6th scale wax museum figures. I like my figures to look like the actors and actresses they are suppose to represent. I also don't give a flip about what other people think of my collection. So I will be happy to have these characters represented in my collection while everyone else waits for something that will likely never happen. You might want to find a better picture to make your case because that head is a straight up horrible likeness of Arnold.

I collect action figures. I am not interested in failed attempts at creating 1/6th scale wax museum figures. I like my figures to look like the actors and actresses they are suppose to represent. I also don't give a flip about what other people think of my collection. So I will be happy to have these characters represented in my collection while everyone else waits for something that will likely never happen. You might want to find a better picture to make your case because that head is a straight up horrible likeness of Arnold.

You think that Arnold is a terrible likeness but think this thing is a good likeness??
s-l300.jpg

I got the Dan Chung Reese a couple of years back, I think the sculpt and clothing are very good, Chances of HT coming out with a KR is very low imo, I cant even remember the last thing they released from an 80's movie, well apart from all the Star Wars stuff, obviously.
The Dan Chung Reese will do me for now though. I wish someone would make a Sarah Connor from T1, That is a big hole in my collection, that I don't have a SC from T1.

sckw0o3.jpg

I5UbVng.jpg

uNsrwOH.jpg

FLxaGxA.jpg

Last edited:

so here is that thread! never found it when posted in T1 one.

QxVsADB.jpg

u6218zY.jpg

uApaNFt.jpg

I got the Dan Chung Reese a couple of years back, I think the sculpt and clothing are very good, Chances of HT coming out with a KR is very low imo, I cant even remember the last thing they released from an 80's movie, well apart from all the Star Wars stuff, obviously.
The Dan Chung Reese will do me for now though. I wish someone would make a Sarah Connor from T1, That is a big hole in my collection, that I don't have a SC from T1.

sckw0o3.jpg

I5UbVng.jpg

uNsrwOH.jpg

FLxaGxA.jpg

he looks like he put wax on the face.

This just popped up in my facebook feed... It's from "Spettersen Art" I've never heard of them, but this does look amazing... Too bad it's $1050... Still, I want an 84 Kyle more than any figure so this is still tempting... Damn that's pricey.

https://spettersenart.bigcartel.com/product/pre-order-1-6-sgt-tech-com-dn38416-full-figure-set

If anyone feels like making a thread for it, feel free.

He is a member here called Velvet Morning. He has put together many top quality custom projects in the past, notably related to Blade Runner. I saw this as well, and hope he does an outfit and unpainted head sculpt option. Because I also fantasize about having a great one six scale Kyle Reese, but that price is a bit hard for me to justify.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

He is a member here called Velvet Morning. He has put together many top quality custom projects in the past, notably related to Blade Runner. I saw this as well, and hope he does an outfit and unpainted head sculpt option. Because I also fantasize about having a great one six scale Kyle Reese, but that price is a bit hard for me to justify.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm pretty torn. I can't argue with the price as I don't have the talent to make one myself, but it's still a bit much, and more than I've ever paid for a 1/6th figure. But at the same time, I REALLY want Kyle in my collection and I've never seen anyone put that much effort into one... If I didn't believe that Hot Toys will probably never make this Kyle, then I wouldn't even entertain the idea of spending that much. I always preach quality over quantity... I guess I have a couple days to decide :banghead

Looks to be the best we've ever seen. I wouldn't call it a nailed likeness but then neither are the Hot Toys Arnies. Outfit looks great, and good body for it. The price isn't bad when you consider it's a full figure and some guys charge a grand for a Heath Ledger Joker headsculpt by itself.

Still, it would be a very bad time for me to spend that kind of money on one item. Maybe if it were the only thing on my radar but there's loads of other things I'd like to get.

$1050 is definitely too much.
even if i didn't have KR already.
looking nice for $500 though.

Because I also fantasize about having a great one six scale Kyle Reese, but that price is a bit hard for me to justify.
Same here. He is pretty steep, no disrespect for his art tho. His art is amazing but for the price you can get Dan Chung’s Kyle Reese get it painted by this Kuma guy and still have like 450 bucks left in your pocket. https://www.instagram.com/p/BTSzbH6F3tN/?igshid=gptmtuocpho8

Back