1/6 Boy, I sure wish we had a Hot Toys : Kyle Reese from original "Terminator" film

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys : Kyle Reese from original "Terminator" film

pitchforks.gif

what's this movie from?

Sorry guys!

I had just finished watching the original film once again and couldn't find a thread on Reese.

Hopefully Hot Toys is watching and they decide to skip one Iron Man figure and release Kyle Reese in it's place...

lol was watching the movie last few days (split into 2 days) and i see this thread.

looking back at it, i never really watched the movie properly and look how dated those CGI was even for 1984. Blade Runner was much better done. However i also appreciate Kyle Reese's acting, it really gives you that empty i'm from a sucky suck future character. i assume he was still amateurish actor back then.

and Sarah Connor 1 was much hotter than the sequels.

i watched 2 first so i always wonder why the macho look.

Re: Boy, I sure wish we had a Hot Toys : Kyle Reese from original "Terminator" film

I don't know if HT will ever revisit Reese. But this is pretty darn close to what HT would do!!

Future Kyle Reese (all HT clothing) Body is HT Avengers Thor, sculpt by ROCCO (painted by frost vision)
1984 Reese (D'chung clothing set) Body is HT Avengers Thor, sculpt by ROCCO (painted by frost vision)

Attachments

• IMG_2456.jpg
    IMG_2456.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_2455.jpg
    IMG_2455.jpg
    399.8 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_2457.jpg
    IMG_2457.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_2454.jpg
    IMG_2454.jpg
    321.4 KB · Views: 147
Re: Boy, I sure wish we had a Hot Toys : Kyle Reese from original "Terminator" film

Looks like HT will never revisit the Terminator franchise. At last they keep making the figs we all want...

Hot-Toys-Christopher-Robin-Winnie-the-Pooh-Piglet-Collectible-Set-1-600x422.jpg

:lol:gah:

Piglet is ****ing badass.

Looks like HT will never revisit the Terminator franchise. At last they keep making the figs we all want...

Hot-Toys-Christopher-Robin-Winnie-the-Pooh-Piglet-Collectible-Set-1-600x422.jpg

:lol:gah:

Not as bad as when they unveiled Emma Watson's Beauty figure on Alien Day last year. Really says it all.

look how dated those CGI was even for 1984. Blade Runner was much better done.

A) The effects in Terminator were practical and/or photo-chemical. Not CGI. B) It cost $28 million to make Blade Runner. Terminator's budget was only $6 million.

A) The effects in Terminator were practical and/or photo-chemical. Not CGI. B) It cost $28 million to make Blade Runner. Terminator's budget was only $6 million.

What James Cameron (and Stan Winston!) were able to accomplish with their budget and available technology on the first Terminator is staggering. The miniature/ animatronic/stop motion work still look great to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What James Cameron (and Stan Winston!) were able to accomplish with their budget and available technology on the first Terminator is staggering. The miniature/ animatronic/stop motion work still look great to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah I heard Cameron was living a pretty hand to mouth existence while making the Terminator, living in his car etc & a few of the scenes they shot without a filming permit. Not sure how much of that is the truth?

Yeah I heard Cameron was living a pretty hand to mouth existence while making the Terminator, living in his car etc & a few of the scenes they shot without a filming permit. Not sure how much of that is the truth?

Yeah it is true. When the T-800 punch through the window when he stole the car at broad daylight for example.

Last edited:

When the Terminator will be owned by Disney - we'll have some figures. Based on the new parts, sure.
He-he.

Snif-shif... T___T

Terminator Kyle Reese and Sarah Conner are fairly easy bashes. Seen a lot of good ones done over the years. The hardest piece to get is Sarah's tie died shirt. Still gathering a few parts to finish mine up. Plan on using these heads. Would rather see Hot Toys focus on characters like Sif or Nebula that would be very expensive if done as custom runs. Characters like these are fairly easy to put together yourself.

s-l300.jpg

s-l300.jpg

Last edited:
Back