Bowen statues ordered through Sideshow...why?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Why do you order Bowen statues through Sideshow?

• I live outside the US

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Customer service and return policies through Sideshow

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Cancellation is easier should I change my mind....

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Sideshow's Website and online capabilites are better

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Other (please explain)....

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • I order directly from Bowen

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters

Hulksmashed

Super Freak
Reaction score
I notice that a large number of people on the boards order Bowen pieces primarely through Sideshow. So my question is why? Just a curiosity thing.

I had a feeling someone would bring up rewards points. My only question about that is why are rewards points for the future worth more then a greater and more immediate reduction in cost?

If you order directly through Bowen and join thier Club...you get 20% off. With one statue (FB Abom) I saved a total of $20 AFTER taking into consideration the cost to get a membership.

If you order through Sideshow you pay full price, and then get rewards points equal to the cost of the statue. Then, for ever 20 rewards points you get $1 off. That means a total FUTURE savings of 5% as opposed to (20% - $25).

Example ($200 Bowen statue):

Through Bowen (first statue using membership): $200 -(20% x $200) +$25 = $185 Total savings $15

Through Sideshow: $200 up front. 40 days later 200 points are given. 200/20 = $10 off future order.

If reward points are only 20:1, that's not very economical math. if you order through bowen you save 20% off retail, which SS sells it for.

So say you order something that cost $100. If you buy from Bowen you only pay $80. If you order through SS, you pay $100 and get only $5 in reward points.

So, for $100 retail:
Bowen Club = $80 (20% savings)
Sideshow = $95 (5% savings)

Edit: I really should have read the above post before typing mine up. :lol Oh well, same conclusion.

If reward points are only 20:1, that's not very economical math. if you order through bowen you save 20% off retail, which SS sells it for.

So say you order something that cost $100. If you buy from Bowen you only pay $80. If you order through SS, you pay $100 and get only $5 in reward points.

So, for $100 retail:
Bowen Club = $80 (20% savings)
Sideshow = $95 (5% savings)

Edit: I really should have read the above post before typing mine up. :lol Oh well, same conclusion.

:lol Well at least your's is more to the point!

My reason for SS over Bowen would only be the Flex option, if i decide when it's time that I could buy something else and have these Flex and still get these guys if $$$ runs tight.

Didn't think about the points but that is a good point but it doesn't beat the 20% from Bowen mathematically.

Honestly the only reason is because I'm too lazy to fax in the required stuff to Bowen even though it'd save me money....either way Bowen usually gets the ax during financial crunches so the Hulks will be the first actual Bowen pieces I plan to order and keep.

I live outside the US so if I were to order I would have to go through Sideshow.

It would be nice if the Bowen site was updated so you could see your orders and cancel if you wanted to. Although I'm sure Bowen doesn't want to handle as many cancellations as SS does.

Back