Bowen Needs an Overhaul!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't doubt that Mr. Bowen lurks on this site...as well as many others.

Never ordered from Bowen directly...first time customer hassles aren't worth my time.

the Bowen bashing in these forums is constant. Nothing will ever be perfect for collectors. HT has issues with their DX02. Sideshow had issues with their paint flaking off 1:1 bust, etc... if you don't like the product don't buy it, just remember that people are putting an effort into these products so you can't just slam artist like that in such a broad dismissive stroke.

the Bowen bashing in these forums is constant. Nothing will ever be perfect for collectors. HT has issues with their DX02. Sideshow had issues with their paint flaking off 1:1 bust, etc... if you don't like the product don't buy it, just remember that people are putting an effort into these products so you can't just slam artist like that in such a broad dismissive stroke.

question has nothing to do with bowen bashing.

I agree with hulksmasher. Bowen website is old news. If I were to make a website 15 years ago, it would be the same as bowen's website.

They don't have a proper listing of products, customer service is bad, they don't even have any specific information on the products on sale.

I like some bowen pieces and I recently bought a daredevil red on gargoyle statue but I ordered it from Sideshow, not from ebay or Bowen's site. (well, bowen can't even ship internationaly anyway)

Quality is a process that shall be practiced in everything a company does. Bowen shall work hard to improve its quality understanding. Sculpting good statues wouldn't be enough in the long run.

how is a collector who has issues and concerns with Bowen's site bashing?

what was the question again?:)

:confused: And you dont even know the question. Sad.

Maybe the title should have read Bowen Website needs upgrading. The way it's phrased leaves it open to discussing all aspects of the company. The one thing I'd love to see BD is take out a license to ship international.

Maybe he wanted to hear what other people thought or see if they had the same issues. Whats wrong with that?

There's nothing wrong with hearing people opinions. I work in the web design field and i agree there site is weak sauce. But seriously if your having problems with the site wouldn't you want to contact Bowen directly? and say hey your site is broken... this is whats going on... especially if you want to buy something. Rather get then get angry mob of people with broomsticks and pitch forks!? ha ha

Ah well. I'd just buy it from a LCS save the hassle of ordering threw them problem solved theirs a reason why they distribute threw diamond.

There's nothing wrong with hearing people opinions. I work in the web design field and i agree there site is weak sauce. But seriously if your having problems with the site wouldn't you want to contact Bowen directly? and say hey your site is broken... this is whats going on... especially if you want to buy something. Rather get then get angry mob of people with broomsticks and pitch forks!? ha ha

Ah well. I'd just buy it from a LCS save the hassle of ordering threw them problem solved theirs a reason why they distribute threw diamond.

No, I get that point and he should do that. But still, nothing wrong with hearing others opinion on this. And just ordering from your LCS doesnt solve any problems.

And there aint nothing wrong with starting an angry mob. lol

Crazy Wookie. :)

how is a collector who has issues and concerns with Bowen's site bashing?

His issues are with the archaic setup of registering to purchase an item. When the reason BD set up the accounting as they said is because of ppl cancelling. I know lots of places that especially in this economy try to get some guarantee that someone is serious. When I order something I rarely cancel. Imagine if you do a commission for someone and mid way they say oh! I don't want it. gets a little aggravating. There's constructive criticism/input an then there is just a knee jerk reaction.

:confused: And you dont even know the question. Sad.

It's called levity.

but why would you post on a complaints on a SS thread.??! Why wouldn't you send Bowen and email directly... Rather then start a thread at some random website, and rant how crappy there technology is without bowen to be around.

When people complain about SS products they go and ask dusty directly Or post in a thread here. where sideshow is active.

And how would I contact Bowen directly? Go to his site and tell me where the "suggestion box" is located. :rolleyes:

No, honestly I wanted to see if anyone else had an issue with Bowen's website. Most people say they stay clear of his site because of its format!

My criticism is constructive! Bowen Designs still requires you FAX in your initial order!! I mean...seriously in this day and age thats one step away from carrier pigeon!! Im telling you, if Bowen had an interesting, fun and user friendly site it would build a lot more hype around his statues! A big portion of Sideshow's success is in clever marketing and product exposure. And, if he offered a log in, with a personal list of Bowen products it would entice a lot of collectors. How many people buy Bowen products form Sideshow? Why do you think that is?

Another point to be made is that Bowen's "anti-cancellation" policies turn LOTS of people away! IN fact that too is an out-dated and antiquated line of thinking. IMO, there are two ways to do business. Either do pre-orders and expect cancellations, or wait until the product is available and sell in stock items!

Look at Sideshow. People pre-order EVERYTHING they might possibly want. And yes, many cancel at the last minute. However, once they announce a statue is coming in 15-20 days people either cancel or see if they can find the funds. If you told the same person....decide NOW if you are going to have the funds to buy this statue in 6 months, many would decide to wait, and ultimately not get the statue.

Last point to be made here, people LOVE understanding companies! Especially in these rough economic times when people wonder if they will even have JOBS in 6 months when a statue is released. Sideshow lets you cancel and even offers a "flex pay option". That consideration for personal financial restraints goes a LONG way!!

i don't buy much bowen, and when i do it's off of evilbay since i'm in canada i can't order off of his site.
which is fine since everything goes for less on there anyways.

but why would you post on a complaints on a SS thread.??! Why wouldn't you send Bowen and email directly... Rather then start a thread at some random website, and rant how crappy there technology is without bowen to be around.

When people complain about SS products they go and ask dusty directly Or post in a thread here. where sideshow is active.

Wookie...what is the big deal about someone starting a thread soliciting others regarding their feelings on this topic? Perhaps the OP was trying to determine if his concerns regarding the Bowen website were shared by fellow collectors??

What a delightful and insightful contribution to the discussion! :rolleyes:

The boards are filled with endless business 101 suggestions for Bowen. With all the monday morning quaterbacking we typically see regarding its business decisions and practices, you'd think people believed the company was being run by a third grader. The company appears to neither require nor adhere to any of the mother-henning that goes on between the uber-nosers and bashers. There is virtually nothing accidental about BD. At the end of the day, just buy what you like. The rest is just fanboy static.

Back