Bowen Designs Ultimate Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that what happened to you? You poor bean.

No, I loved Bowen's stuff from the start. Applause had the Marvel license right before he snagged it and other than that bump in the road when it expired back in early 2000's, it's been smooth sailing since. :banana

BB

So SS has a licence to produce in any scale but Bowen doesn't? How strange. you sure it's not a choice to either produce in that scale or maybe he just only wants get licence for that scale?

No, I loved Bowen's stuff from the start. Applause had the Marvel license right before he snagged it and other than that bump in the road when it expired back in early 2000's, it's been smooth sailing since. :banana

BB

was 2000 when Bowen was doing all his statues with mini versions? Becuase I would consider that a bump in the road.

I did too back in the day, but I been enlightened since then :banana

Preach On

So SS has a licence to produce in any scale but Bowen doesn't? How strange. you sure it's not a choice to either produce in that scale or just get licence for that scale?

I think Bowen likes to work in that scale so he can keep his prices at were they are since people will pay.

was 2000 when Bowen was doing all his statues with mini versions? Becuase I would consider that a bump in the road.

Preach On

I think Bowen likes to work in that scale so he can keep his prices at were they are since people will pay.

Yeah that's what I thought, he just wanted to keep it at that scale. Small and cheap to produce. I just like the larger stats as I'm not going to end up collecting too many as I prefer a well spaced look and in 1:4 and up I can really appreciate the detail better.

The only minis I own are the Fantastic Four which go great with the FS Galactus.

Oh, and the Dr. Doom because that is one of the GREATEST statues ever.

BB

The only minis I own are the Fantastic Four which go great with the FS Galactus.

BB

I agree, it very well may be one of Bowen's best.

I prefer it over the Sideshow PF. The Doom PF is a great statue, but it doesn't capture the character quite like the smaller Bowen.

this has nothing to do with Sideshow. lol And it selling out quickly doesnt mean its not ugly. There are alot of Cap fans so it selling quickly wouldnt be uncommon. So its not bashing, just the truth. :lol

Oh and if Sideshow is #1 and Bowen is #3, who is #2? Hot Toys?

"just the truth" = bashing...to some LOL. This is just a twist of words used on a fictitious characters that we all love--some more than others. And ugly is RELATIVE.

I'll leave it up to you and everyone else to decides #2. But I do prefer DC Direct IMO. You can place Bowen at #4-8 if you wish.

BB

I agree, it very well may be one of Bowen's best.

I prefer it over the Sideshow PF. The Doom PF is a great statue, but it doesn't capture the character quite like the smaller Bowen.

yet the Doom PF is worth more, sought after more, and is a grail to all Dr. Doom fans

"just the truth" = bashing...to some LOL. This is just a twist of words used on a fictitious characters that we all love--some more than others. And ugly is RELATIVE.

I'll leave it up to you and everyone else to decides #2. But I do prefer DC Direct IMO. You can place Bowen at #4-8 if you wish.

If you feel I'm bashing Bowen then thats your business. When someone says something bad about a sideshow piece, I dont consider it bashing. You guys are way to sensitive. And the statue is ugly. lol

Dang it! I just found out about this statue, and they're SOLD OUT. I'm not a statue collector, but this one would've got me started. I love Captain America and I really like the way this statue looks.

I don't like it. I don't think Cap looks that big in the Ultimate comics, and I don't remember seeing his eyebrows either... The detail in the costume is really cool though.

SwedishHeat is right this statue is based on the Series 3 Ultimates Captain America. Not exactly the best Ultimate Cap to base off of, but it's still Cap.

Agreed!!! Now they just need to follow up with an Ultimates Hawkeye

:banana

I second that. Love the Purple Hawkeye. Was never too keen on the Agency Hawkeye in series 1.

Wait List, Wait List man. Tons of people cancel their orders, especially this economy and especially Bowen. If SS can dig up a couple of old Hulk PF, trust me...it'll convert. Let's hope you don't have to wait that long. I Wait List myself on a over month long, sold-out, item and it convert! :horror

The Bowen site doesn't have a wait list. Since this is a website exclusive I think it's going to be hard to find. Then again I'm not a statue collector so I wouldn't know.
Do you really think Sideshow could get a few of these for sale?

Dang it! I just found out about this statue, and they're SOLD OUT. I'm not a statue collector, but this one would've got me started. I love Captain America and I really like the way this statue looks.

The Bowen site doesn't have a wait list. Since this is a website exclusive I think it's going to be hard to find. Then again I'm not a statue collector so I wouldn't know.
Do you really think Sideshow could get a few of these for sale?

Yea I thought SS carry this Capt like they did the other 2 capt. My bad. I have to say that this is one of the few statue from Bowen that I find impressive. But then again, Capt was never my type of char anyway. Best of luck finding this statue, I am sure you can find one online or from your local comics shop.

I'm really hoping I dont have to pay an arm and a leg. I'm hoping some board members here get it and decide to sell it off fast. With all this hate on the statue I hope the turn around on this statue is fast.

YES, i finally secured one. Happy as a pig in ____.

I LOVE the look of this statue.

Capt%20Ultmt%202.JPG
Capt%20Ultmt%201.JPG

Back