Bowen Captain America?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hairlesswookiee said:
does anyone here have him?? or even the 40's version?? i'm looking to get something to complement the upcoming sideshow version. i'm going to be displaying the exclusive version with the nazi helmet.

If you want to complement the SS piece I wouldn't do it with vastly inferior statues. The Bowen pieces are nice but risk downgrading your Cap collection with "clutter" of lesser quality, IMO. I'd complement it with other media like well preserved vintage comics, a nice piece of art, or a Marvel "Masterworks" hardcover.

If you want to complement the SS piece I wouldn't do it with vastly inferior statues. The Bowen pieces are nice but risk downgrading your Cap collection with "clutter" of lesser quality, IMO. I'd complement it with other media like well preserved vintage comics, a nice piece of art, or a Marvel "Masterworks" hardcover.

Wow. Talk about an elitist. A "marvel masterworks hardcover?" Yeah, there's a highly sought and valuable collectible.

customizerwannabe said:
A "marvel masterworks hardcover?" Yeah, there's a highly sought and valuable collectible.
I didn't say it was highly sought after and valuable, I just said that it would compliment SS's Cap better than a Bowen statue. I've never been a fan of shrines dedicated to a single character where there's one or two premium collectibles surrounded by a bunch of "junkier" ones.

My issue isn't with the books, it's with you calling pieces these other guys obviously prize, as junk. They are far from that. They don't seem as nice to me as the CA SS proto pics, but guess what? If anyone can screw up a beautiful PF like this one it's SS. They have a long and illustrious history of showing off a top notch prototype only to disappoint with a production piece that is a far cry from what we pre-ordered. I pray this doesn't happen, but before I'd call other stuff junk in comparison, I'd wait to see what I'm comparing it to.

Khev said:
I didn't say it was highly sought after and valuable, I just said that it would compliment SS's Cap better than a Bowen statue. I've never been a fan of shrines dedicated to a single character where there's one or two premium collectibles surrounded by a bunch of "junkier" ones.

Hey Jack@$$!

Those Bowen statues were made in a different time before the statue craze started, in fact they pretty much started the craze. There weren't 5-6 companies out there fighting for your dollar. Those were and are still considered by some as the best C.A. statues out there and were the first statues I ever bought. I take offense that you would call them junk or vastly inferior. You can have your opinion but to call them junk is rather classless and insulting. I would have no problem displaying these together.

Last edited:
Sorry guys, I actually think the Bowen statues are pretty cool. Not SS PF cool, but cool nonetheless. Once customizerwannabe took issue with me recommending other media I just couldn't resist having a little fun with you fellas. :naughty

They are far from junk but I still think they'll suffer when displayed next to the SS piece. :monkey3

woah guys lets calm down a bit. i didnt intend to start a bashing here. i just want something else to go with my PF. i just saw the MR classic shield they are producing. i think im gonna pick one of those up as well as the sideshow archive set and then i'm done.

Back