Bountyhunter...IG-88...I think therefore I am.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boba Felder

Super Freak
Reaction score
OK fellas,
here I am,with another figure in my Star Wars Bountyhunter Project. The figure represents IG-88 and is on of those Bountyhunters,that Darth Vader gathers on his Stardestroyer in The Empire Strikes Back!!

The Figure is from Hasbro and they really did a good job on him. I just repainted him and gave him a Sideshow Imperial Blaster,made him a new bandoleer and built him a DLT 20 Heavy Blaster.

Here are a few facts on IG-88:

IG-88 was an assassin droid line designed by Holowan Laboratories. The IG-88 line was a derivative of the IG-100 MagnaGuard droids used as bodyguards by General Grievous and the IG Lancer Droids used by Durge during the Clone Wars. IG-88 later became one of the galaxy's most infamous bounty hunters. However, the bounty hunting was just a cover for the droid's grand plan—the Droid Revolution.

Moments after activation, the original massacred the scientists and transferred his consciousness into the other three. They then escaped the lab. It is possible it was the droid's incompletely formed identity that made him obsessed with hunting and killing. They were the successor of the earlier IG-86 droid model.

IG-88_1.jpg

IG-88.jpg

...here are his weapons of choice:

Imperial Blaster on the bottom and Selfmade DLT-20 Blaster on Top

IG-88_2.jpg

Next in line will be either Dengar or Bossk!!

Very nice! What are the parts that went into that heavy blaster? I'll want to build one if I repaint my IG-88.

Very nice. Seeing these images, the more I wish for Sideshow to work on this.:lol

Thanks for your feedback fellas...its much appreciated....

@ChibiSchmoo...The barrel is a US WWII 30.Cal machinegun barrel,the trigger portion is from a Sideshow Endor Rebelblaster....and the Buttstock is made from a M16

Dengar will be quite a challenge,since I am not a 100% satisfied with the base figure...BUT time will tell!!!

Back