Bottom Shelf?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MickKaine

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
I am new to statue collecting and only have a couple. I really enjoy seeing everyone's display setup and try to figure out what cabinets would best work for me. I keep running into the same concern and that is with bottom shelves. I see pretty much everyone has a bottom shelf with statues in it. I have seen displays like that in person and the content on the bottom shelf is hardly ever visible and are often considered the black sheep of that collector's collection.

Does anyone have any suggestions, tips or opinions on remedying a bottom shelf issue with statues?

Sometimes folks build risers or simple wooden platforms under their shelving units (like Detolfs) to raise the bottom shelves up from floor level.

Last edited:
Sometimes folks build risers or simple wooden platforms under their shelving units (like Detolfs) to raise the bottom shelves up from floor level.

Would Ikea have risers for say a besta or is that something that would need to be custom?

Would Ikea have risers for say a besta or is that something that would need to be custom?

Ikea has legs you can buy for the Besta specifically, I think they are 4 inch risers.

If that's not high enough for your tastes then you'll have to go custom like others have mentioned.

I agree with you, the bottom row is not the best height to fully enjoy collectibles (ok'ish if you back up a couple meters). I don't know if you own multiple scales, but putting smaller scale statues on the bottom helps somewhat. My Overthrown and Cyclops PF are on the bottom shelf for instance, but if I put Joker PF there I can't see his face.

If I had the room I would consider getting a three cube high Besta covering the entire length of my wall. The top two rows would have Tombo doors for collectibles and I would use the bottom row for books, comics, dvd's and whatnot. Or you could get solid doors for the bottom row and use them for storage.

I think it depends where they are displayed. If you have them in the living room next to a TV and you're sat on a sofa opposite you can easily appreciate anything on the bottom shelf. If you're in a smaller room and stood up or sat closer, you don't want them there really.

I have my Hot Toys in Detolf's and I have DX boxes in the bottom as the figures are wasted down there. But I am sat very close to them as they are in the office next to my desk. So consider having something on the bottom shelf, related to your collection, but not the figures themselves.

I got cabinet doors for the bottom sections of my Besta, good for storing the boxes.

Thanks for the replies. I like the idea of the 4 inch risers and maybe keeping the heaviest stuff at the bottom.

I've thought about keeping games, movies, books, etc. on the bottom shelf on a besta but I have 10 bennos for those already. Maybe have 4 bestas stacked flat on the ground with no risers and sticking future games/movies behind cabinet doors. I appreciate everyone's input.

Bottom of my Detolf...

10diejs.jpg

Back