Boromir Production Images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I've started prowling the local fabric stores for a material that I can use for Boromir's Gondorian Cloak. I have a nice fur lining that's the right length for the scale, and I'm looking for clasps. This will be beautiful!

Huh. I'll be watching your progress with great interest Capt. A fur Gondorian cloak might push this figure over the edge! :rock

Protozaius said:
I put myself on the wait list near the time of the Faramir PPO... on 12/12/06 to be exact. I did finally get a Legolas after many disgruntled collectors viewed the production photos and passed. So I need to drum up some MORE decension among "the ranks of the ordered.":eek:

So, in the spirit of this, let me be one of the first to say...

THIS IS ONE OF THE WORST FIGURES SIDESHOW HAS EVER,
EVER,
EVER PRODUCED!!!

WHAT A FALL FROM GRACE THAT WAS THE PROTOTYPE IS THIS! :monkey2

WHAT COULD YOU BE THINKING SIDESHOW??? :confused:

Has anybody cancelled yet? :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3
:lol :lol
Me first, I got on the Waitlist in October...I'll keep you updated.:D

galactiboy said:
Back to the waiting game, eh Roranous :lol

Fingers crossed again for us!!!
You know it. :lol

I bet we will get a Boromir exclusive. After this though, I am and will be on board from the moment they go up. There will be no waiting for Faramir or the rest.

Well I've found some nice options as far as materials go for his black cloak. I found a great velvet-like material with a pressed pattern that drapes incredibly well at the small scale, and should be really easy to hem. The fur I already have, and I'm searching for suitable clasps. The only thing I really need is Boromir himself so that I can do proper measurements. I was thinking about using just any old figure, but if I want the cloak to fit absolutely perfectly I need to see it on Boromir himself. I also need to find a camera, because otherwise I'll never get to show you all my progress and final product! :(

If I get extra money I might make a few just in case it turns out well and somebody else wants one.
:cool:

Captain Aldeggon said:

If I get extra money I might make a few just in case it turns out well and somebody else wants one.
:cool:

I'd definitely be interested in this, Cap. What are your costs like? If you can manage it, maybe you'd accept some commissions?

Captain Aldeggon said:
If I get extra money I might make a few just in case it turns out well and somebody else wants one. :cool:

Customikey said:
I'd definitely be interested in this, Cap. What are your costs like? If you can manage it, maybe you'd accept some commissions?

I'd DEFINITELY be interested too Captain...I plan on putting my Boromir EXCLUSIVE Elven cloak on Aragorn (to match with Legolas, etc.) and display Boromir and Faramir together on another shelf, so no need for my Boromir to have his Elven cloak...his black cloak with white fur though...that'd be a MUST! Put me on the list if you're making some extras! :D

...and just a reminder from post #27 in this thread, I'm interested as well.

WetaWork said:
I think he looks great.

Oh capt, if you do a custom cloak w/ fur and you willing to produce more, please let me know.

I really like these 12" figures, but I know at some point I'm going to have to choose between this line and the GG busts. That will not be a fun choice.

Wow, I didn't think so many people would actually be interested in commissioning something like this! I've never done a commission before, but it sounds exciting! If I can get enough money to buy the fabric (which would be a chore considering my present economic state), I'll buy a few yards extra. I'll also have to have lots of the other things on hand--the clasps, the inner lining (you think I'd forget the fur lining?), the outer material (deep deep brown with black patterns), and the rest of the bits and pieces--fur, ties, etc. The sewing is no problem though; once I make a pattern for it a little thing like this should only take an hour a cloak, tops. I just need to gather the stuff I need, which is hard here in my desolate college apartment. But hey, if you people really want one I'll do it; I intend to make this piece just as detailed (if not more so) as the costume he comes with.

Captain, I don't know if you have found clasps, but I could send you scans from the LOTR weapons and warfare book. Sarah said she would try to sew the cloak, and I was gonna try my hand at sculpting the clasps out of sculpey. I'll pick some up at the hobby store on Friday and try my hand at it. The production shots look absolutely spot on.

This brings to mind something which I felt was lacking with this Boromir! How can they trade in his fur-lined cloak for an elven cloak!!! When he was defending the 2 hobbits, what was he wearing?

This was one of the first things I knew I wanted to do when I ordered this piece, to make his fur cloak. I'll be doing it myself though... as I enjoy the process of finding and making things myself lol

I have a feeling my waitlist request for the Boromir exc. won't get fulfilled...so I'll be stuck with the regular. A fur lined cloak would be awesome and make me feel much better about having the regular figure...if it's not too late, count me in!

Back