Boromir Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No , I think this is a line, along with the PF line where SS is dreading doing the hobbits at all. All I can say is when SS does start producing the hobbits the likeness had better be right on.

Yeah there does seem to be a bit of hobbit-phobia when it comes to collectables sadly (compared to all the other characters). I hope they give them a go though, would be a shame to miss out on the fellowship. Again.

Yeah there does seem to be a bit of hobbit-phobia when it comes to collectables sadly (compared to all the other characters). I hope they give them a go though, would be a shame to miss out on the fellowship. Again.

Oh I have no doubt they'll be done. And I even think they could do pretty well...but seeing as they are the least popluar of the fellowship characters overall, the likenesses will have to be very good...or people just won't buy them. It's one thing to pay $60 for a SSW Frodo bust with a so-so likeness, it's quite another to drop $150 for a Frodo LSB that doesnt look so hot.

Last edited:
I don't get it, does SS do any research? The Boromir Statue goes for near retail, the bust for less...which is sad, since both are great pieces. The 12" can be found for dirt cheap. Why Boromir and esp why a LSB?..when so many other characters have never been done in any poly form.

I don't get it, does SS do any research? The Boromir Statue goes for near retail, the bust for less...which is sad, since both are great pieces. The 12" can be found for dirt cheap. Why Boromir and esp why a LSB?..when so many other characters have never been done in any poly form.

I see what you're saying, but personally I really want the fellowship in this line. I do agree though that some more different characters (ie those that have been missed in the past) should be done. Mouth of Sauron for example.

Why would this be surprising to anyone?:confused: Sideshow has already stated and made it perfectly clear they are concentrating on fellowship members first and foremost before tackling second tier character's such as Theoden, Eomer, etc...
The lack of secondary value on Boromir pieces has much more to do with ES's than it does with the popularity of the character.

Last edited:
Because he's a main character! ish. A member of the fellowship, plus LSB completists will want one.

Why not do two hobbits in one? Surely they'd be too small on their own. You could have Sam behind Frodo, or maybe even at Mount Doom after the ring is destroyed where they're head to head and comforting each other.
And Merry and Pippin you could have laughing together, arms around each other as they enjoy a joke at the pub maybe...

Sideshow, if i've given you ideas, you can re-pay me by the following ways: -

1) convert my wait list order for the shades of mordor exc dio

2) Do a diorama of Treebeard

3) Do a diorama of Sauron

4) Do a diorama of the fellowship fighting the cave troll

5) Do a diorama of Frodo placing the ring on the pedastal in Rivendell

6) Do a diorama of Tom Bombadil

I thank you

Because he's a main character! ish. A member of the fellowship, plus LSB completists will want one.

Why not do two hobbits in one? Surely they'd be too small on their own. You could have Sam behind Frodo, or maybe even at Mount Doom after the ring is destroyed where they're head to head and comforting each other.
And Merry and Pippin you could have laughing together, arms around each other as they enjoy a joke at the pub maybe...

Sideshow, if i've given you ideas, you can re-pay me by the following ways: -

1) convert my wait list order for the shades of mordor exc dio

2) Do a diorama of Treebeard

3) Do a diorama of Sauron

4) Do a diorama of the fellowship fighting the cave troll

5) Do a diorama of Frodo placing the ring on the pedastal in Rivendell

6) Do a diorama of Tom Bombadil

I thank you

I dunno. It's a nice idea, but I think i'd really like each hobbit separately, not in pairs on the same base :dunno

I dunno. It's a nice idea, but I think i'd really like each hobbit separately, not in pairs on the same base :dunno

I wouldn't worry about it, the hobbits will be done separately. Since there is no set scale to the LSB line SS can easily do the hobbits at 1/2 or 3/4 scale so there will be absolutely no need to produce them in pairs. :D

Love the Boromir LSB, really liking this line a lot! MOS with the Mithril shirt held out, and Saruman with his Palantir in hand now there are two very nice LSBs on the way!! :naughty

I wouldn't worry about it, the hobbits will be done separately. Since there is no set scale to the LSB line SS can easily do the hobbits at 1/2 or 3/4 scale so there will be absolutely no need to produce them in pairs. :D

Fine! Sniff at my great ideas then! ;)

Love the Boromir LSB, really liking this line a lot! MOS with the Mithril shirt held out, and Saruman with his Palantir in hand now there are two very nice LSBs on the way!! :naughty

Here we go again! :lol

I wouldn't doubt that the next PF to be announced will be Saruman:joy but I would really like to see a Twilight WK receive the PF treatment. I've been trying to lay my hands on the SSW 'Witchking of Angmar' statue forever. If I knew that we were going to get one, I would probably skip it and go with the PF. What do you think our chances are?

Extremely high, thats all I'm saying!! :cool:

A little bird once told you a couple of un-named LSB's [one holding a palantir, the other a mithril shirt] were just around the corner.....that was 2 LSB's, 2 PF's, and 3 dio's ago.....I hope you didn't hear this from the same little bird :naughty

Last edited:
I see what you're saying, but personally I really want the fellowship in this line. I do agree though that some more different characters (ie those that have been missed in the past) should be done. Mouth of Sauron for example.

Mouth of Sauron has a bust. Save him for a dio.

I am talking the likes of Cheif Mumakil Rider, FellBeast, "Skully" Orc Lieutenant,Denethor, Armored Theoden, Fountain Guard, so on.

Mouth of Sauron has a bust. Save him for a dio.

I am talking the likes of Cheif Mumakil Rider, FellBeast, "Skully" Orc Lieutenant,Denethor, Armored Theoden, Fountain Guard, so on.

I don't need a skully, I've already got one : :D

OrcBustSkully8.jpg

And I've got custom FG and Denethor statues coming, plus a Mahud [Mumak rider] bust, so I'd actually prefer SS not doing any of these, at least for awhile. I'd love to see a Fell Beast bust though, and I believe a MOS with mithril shirt is in the works.....:monkey5

Last edited:

Simple, recycled research across the various line. As such, a Boromir PF is coming, may not be the next PF or even the one after that, but I will be massively surprised if its not announced by the end of 2010.

Back