Boot25 Works

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too have a couple of Indy PF heads with John, and I was sorry to hear his recent news.
Is there anyone on the boards who could recommend to do as good a repaint, as John has done for other peoples PF Indy heads.

no. and i'm really impatient here now. he was 20 days ago here online, after i've written to him several of mails and pms. his pm-box was full after then, after his visit it wasn't anymore. so he had the time to clear his pm-box. i doubt that he even looked what and who wrote to him, maybe just deleted everything. other then that, i can't understand why he hasn't mailed or replied to me here. I wrote to him again after his visit several times, but no message, no sign, absolutely nothing.

This is a real disrespectful behavior and like deckard posted once, i don't matter anymore about the heads, it is a matter of principle to me.

Waiting since June '10, heard nothing about lies because of delays etc, and now hearing nothing from him, is a no-go.

Does anyone know how to get his phone-number? Would like to have the chance to call him directly. Having his address would not make it impossible to get his phone-number, right?

boot25 has also a dx base and a joker head from me...
i think all the excuses were a lie and that nobody is going to get his things back...
boot25 and vold are 2 of the most unreliable guys of the forum to work with them right now...
both found similar excuses to avoid people bothering them for at least a little while...

Anybody heard from John at all?

I've tried both PM (here and at the OSW Forum) and Email but still no luck contacting him at all :(

I have 8 heads with him, 3 are already painted and 5 aren't.

The painted ones was already paid for since January 2011 and he said he would ship them to me, but still no sign at all.

I respect the guy and all, but he could at least reply to me and let me know what's going on.

Last edited:
Anybody heard from John at all?

I've tried both PM (here and at the OSW Forum) and Email but still no luck contacting him at all :(

I have 8 heads with him, 3 are already painted and 5 aren't.

The painted ones was already paid for since January 2011 and he said he would ship them to me, but still no sign at all.

I respect the guy and all, but he could at least reply to me and let me know what's going on.

I have 4 heads with him. Tried mailing him, writing him pms here and at OSW. No sign, nothing.

Did you get some pictures of those 3 finished heads? Because he told me several times that some of my heads are already finished, but letting me know some months afterwards that he still has to do them.

Last edited:
Look, I'm not Johns buddy or know him other than he did a bunch
of heads for me last year and I got them all back.
But he was professional and did a great job, even discounted some
stuff(off his already low prices for the work he does) because he
wasn't 100% happy. Yes it took 6-8 months to get them all back and
yes, maybe it's hard to say no and turn work away when you feel
a connection via forums or others reasons. This happens to almost
every great painter I've known. They don't say no when they should
because they don't want to dissapoint.

But what I will say from a human standpoint(and some may not like this or even read it all before firing back);
I had something like this happen to me and I was in Johns place.

Not to go into to much detail, but I almost lost everything in
my life that meant anything to me. When that happens and life
contiues to give you the beatdown with other things piled on
top for good measure(which also happened to me), your whole world
changes and priorities shift. It took me a full year to give refunds
and/or send stuff to the people. It wasn't my intention, but
family and loved ones became more important than anything else.
So after a while, you push everything else away, no matter what
anyone else thinks, because they are not in your shoes living through
that nightmare everyday. And it is a nightmare, that no one else
will understand. And when you get a 1000 emails and 1000 PM's reminding you of that,
it only adds to the nightmare and sooner or later, you just have to shut off....and you do.

With that being said; all I have to say; step outside your normal frame of mind.
Even if you're boiling over, pissed to the gills and feel like
you got robbed at gunpoint. Now think of the worst thing that could
ever happen to you(and not this). The person you love the most is terminal or dead.
The real life things that you care about(not 1/6)
and how you just lost everything. Then...times it by 100. That's how people feel and that's why we,
as humans, sometimes just have to shut off. Because if we didn't, we'd all go crazy.

Just some insight for those of you that are lucky enough not
to go through a major smackdown by life. And if you learn one
thing from what I wrote here it should be this.

You're either a good person or a bad person. I think John(like me)
is a good person. And like me, once I was able to shut off and reset
after awhile. I was able to come back to everything else in life and
I was able to contact all the people I pissed off and try to make good.
Because that is part of the healing process. Not at first, but it is.
I think if you give John the time(how ever long that may be) that
he will return and try to make good with everyone.

Remember, in the end, thats what good people do.

Very nice of you to chime in for John.
Although I've never had any dealings with him or know him personally, John has been a very respected member of the 1/6 community for a very long time. He is one of the few who through his talent and dedication helped raise the bar in this hobby.

I hope whatever he is going through passes soon and he can find some peace of mind and eventually come back to the hobby and earn back his respect and his place in this community.

I too have been waiting on stuff from John. I knew about the car accident but not his wife. Have sent several PMs on OSW with no reply but am willing to give him more time considering the gravity of his situation.

I hope everything is fine with John?

Been a long time and I'm still trying to reach him but no sign or whatsoever......

I hope everything is fine with John?

Been a long time and I'm still trying to reach him but no sign or whatsoever......

damn man, you made my hopes getting high :D
but the same here, trying and trying to send him mails, but he is ignoring absolutely everything. i doubt that he's just taking a "time-out". it has passed just too much time since he has disappeared.

i really would wish there would be anyone here that lives near at him or has his telephone number or anything at all.

I know his name is John Richer and he lives in Cranston, Rhode Island. He is friends with John Kozin who live in Connecticut. That's all I know. Good luck in finding him.

I know his name is John Richer and he lives in Cranston, Rhode Island. He is friends with John Kozin who live in Connecticut. That's all I know. Good luck in finding him.

thanks for your input. I'm aware of johns adress as I've send him my stuff 2,5 years ago. Is that John Kozin a member here or at osw? or where do you know from him?

I have 8 sculpts with him, 3 of which are painted.

Nevertheless I would like to have them back, painted or not.

John has always been a stand up guy and I believe him, but this is just unusual for him to vanish completely...

Tried emailing him again recently but no reply. He has three heads of mine, only one of which he finished. I've already paid for the return shipping but they never turned up.

I forgot about this, I already gave up hope about 6 months ago of getting back my dx joker head and sold the rest of the figure.

Back