Bohemian Rhapsody (Dec 25th, 2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here but I pretty much never care about theatrical biopics of musicians. It just isn't something I ever need to see a movie about (with Walk the Line being a rare exception.)
They are a mixed bag to me. Something like Bird, La Bamba, or Ray are great. But some are so cheesy.

Which is also a commentary on "American" culture. :wink1:

Some scenes felt chorographed. The dominatrix stuff felt fake. Like she was in on it.
A couple scenes felt like the people knew. Like the fashion show at the beginning. Bruno wasnt as believable as borat

Nothing in borat ever felt fake. The entire movie feels real. Everyone believes bruno because they dont question his craziness because of the cultural differences and language ( people dont question what the foreigner is doing no matter how crazy lol )

I agree with Cohen. The movie should to be about Freddy Mercury, not Queen.

As for his flick, Borat was funny. Never saw Borat. And The Dictator was one of the worst movies I ever sat through.

Even not accurate, The Doors is my favorite theatrical biopic. The imagery and music made for a fantastic movie. It was well cast and acted. Kilmer was perfect and Ryan was hawwwwwt.

Runner up would be Walk The Line. Phoenix was Johnny Cash.

As a huge fan of Queen and their music, I'll see the movie. This will be the only biopic I'll ever see in theaters. I don't really care so much about Freddie's debauched lifestyle.
He was, as he put it it, "a musical prostitute." He lived a flamboyant lifestyle. We all knew it. Do we need the nitty gritty details? Maybe, maybe not. I'll still see it.
When I first heard of this movie and heard about Cohen, I said no. Malik seems to have it down.

THR reports that Singer has dropped out, instead opting to reunite with Kevin Spacey on “The Usual Suspects 2.” Principal photography is slated to begin in Thailand this January, and the story is rumored to follow Keyser Söze on “new and erotic adventures with underage ladyboys.” No further casting announcements have been made, but the film is set to feature a brand new, original soundtrack by Gary Glitter. 20th Century Fox has refused to comment.

:lol

I didn’t want to insinuate anything since his rep said it’s a family health issue but I think you guys spotted the elephant in the room.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s an announcement this week.

Maybe it was a stipulation of the Disney buyout. They have their hands full with (and like) John Lasseter.

According to another insider, Singer has claimed he is suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder because of the tensions on the set.

eb3.jpg

Ain't that the truth. He's in hiding.... and they were trying to create a backstory that this happens on all his movies. Now he's just flat out fired because of Rami. Probably they don't like each other because Rami won't suck it. :lol

I cannot believe that this guy lasted this long. Hope he gets dragged through the mud worse than Spacey.

I cannot believe that this guy lasted this long. Hope he gets dragged through the mud worse than Spacey.

it really bothers me that him and george takei get passes.... while everyone else gets the ax. takei specially infuriates me because he was so vocal about always believing the victim. these two.... yeah, no wtf... why they get a pass from everybody?

The thing is, the hammer could still drop on them. This whole being ousted for "inappropriate bevaviour" and "sexual misconduct" thing is still in its infancy. Time will tell who the next in line to fall will be.

That being said, these people have been protected from getting ousted up until recently, so it is hard to say when their protection ends.

Back