Premium Format Boba Fett Premium Format Figure - New Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
in short, everyone has some issues because it is the SS. you have to accept that and move on or return. My personal opinion.

He arrived today! Very happy with this one!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

in short, everyone has some issues because it is the SS. you have to accept that and move on or return. My personal opinion.

You can find problems with almost any piece from any company if you look hard enough. Granted ssc record has not been the best over the past couple of years but they seem to be getting better. Personally I have had very few problems with them. Guess I have been lucky.

Real lucky.

I think in general (not just Sideshow) I've had problems big and small with about 1/3 of my statues.

BUT with Sideshow's and others replacement parts policy etc at least some of our issues are remedied.

Heck I'm expecting a replacement part for my Boba Fett in the next week or two.

So your visor didn't look like mine does?

1169328_533219763525726_1659172634_n.jpg

Got home and took a picture of mine. Would you guys classify this as a "problem" or pretty much normal? It seems like every time I visit this thread, I find more and more issues lol...

View attachment 252762

Look at the photo above... It looks like there is a little weathering on the bottom of the visor also... Mine looks to have a tiny amount too... You are ok dude.. Just relax and enjoy your statue :)

Look at the photo above... It looks like there is a little weathering on the bottom of the visor also... Mine looks to have a tiny amount too... You are ok dude.. Just relax and enjoy your statue :)

What's funny is when I buy an already sold out statue on eBay, I am less stressed and picky than when I buy it new from Sideshow lol.

Well, my below problems have been reviewed by SSC as such:

Thank you for your email.Please know that I have looked over your photos and the only issue that I see is the chip on the base. As for the rest of the item there are all normal paint variation of the item. As these are all hand painted items, you will be able to find similar variations on every piece if you look at it close enough.

As we do not have a replacement for the base I can offer you a credit of $50.00 for the chipping. If you would like to accept the credit please let me know by March 31,2016 and I will be happy to assist you!

Belen Moreno

So, one thing we know is basically they're okay with crappy paint work, misaligned parts, and big scratches as they basically reply with comments that I don't know what I'm talking about as they tell me what the issues are with the statue I have right in front of me. Regardless, I will be sending back my Boba Fett and doing without over having a big chip right in front. Not the response I was wanting at all.

Well, after many months waiting, my Fett finally arrived.

The worst problem, the chipped base. But hey, at least they tried to paint over the chip amirite?

View attachment 251201

The nice big scratches on the exclusive rifle:

View attachment 251202

To some of the more minor nitpicks:

Why is there a number 9 on his chest? I like the font, just not on my Fett. Looks like he's been priced for a flea market.

View attachment 251203

This one I'm not sure if it's actually a problem or just the way these are made. Could be they're all like that? The thruster on the left is kind of "wandering" off to the side. Looks odd in person, but if this is how they're made, it's an artist choice not a problem.

View attachment 251204

I was pretty done at that point, so there may be others. First thing I saw was a dime size painted over chip in the base, so I admit we got off to a bad start here. The good news is the decal doesn't look too bad on mine. I can't comment on how it looks put together, I didn't even bother to assemble it. Hope you guys have better luck.

Last edited:
sorry to hear Avenger.

"normal paint variation" is their way to force people to pay for return shipping. You would have had to do that if not for the chip to the base.

It is really sad when I company has to essentially lie to try and make it as difficult as possible for someone to return something. I remember their customer service dept telling someone that his bent cody was "battle damage". sigh.

What is it with Sideshow taking an eternity to reply to emails as of late ?

When I received mine last Monday I had an small piece broken off the back near the jet pack. I emailed support with pictures that day, took 7 days for a reply & god knows how long it'll take for them to respond to their unsatisfactory $25 credit reply I sent. At this rate it could take weeks to get this sorted. :mad:

What is it with Sideshow taking an eternity to reply to emails as of late ?

When I received mine last Monday I had an small piece broken off the back near the jet pack. I emailed support with pictures that day, took 7 days for a reply & god knows how long it'll take for them to respond to their unsatisfactory $25 credit reply I sent. At this rate it could take weeks to get this sorted. :mad:

It took over 4 weeks for one of my tickets to be finalized. The resolution after waiting nearly a month was "after comparing your statue to others we have here, I do not believe that we have a suitable replacement. These are hand painted statues...." Usually they will offer a credit or let you return it but I was offered neither because it took them so damn long to respond that my return window expired :slap.

Man it sucks to hear about all the issues some of you guys are having! I got mine today from my local comic shop and love it! I haven't noticed any defects yet and keeping my fingers crossed I don't find anything.
89791a9a95500284205bf29a10ba50b3.jpg

c331a739b3ca66e9aecc4ca0876e0843.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who canceled on their Ex boba? I bought a regular one after I figured I would not get the ex boba on wait list. Low and behold my wait list was fulfilled and now I have the opportunity to get the EX version.

Who canceled on their Ex boba? I bought a regular one after I figured I would not get the ex boba on wait list. Low and behold my wait list was fulfilled and now I have the opportunity to get the EX version.

Same. I ended up passing on the exclusive since I would never display him with the ROTJ gun anyway.

Well, my below problems have been reviewed by SSC as such:

Thank you for your email.Please know that I have looked over your photos and the only issue that I see is the chip on the base. As for the rest of the item there are all normal paint variation of the item. As these are all hand painted items, you will be able to find similar variations on every piece if you look at it close enough.

As we do not have a replacement for the base I can offer you a credit of $50.00 for the chipping. If you would like to accept the credit please let me know by March 31,2016 and I will be happy to assist you!

Belen Moreno

So, one thing we know is basically they're okay with crappy paint work, misaligned parts, and big scratches as they basically reply with comments that I don't know what I'm talking about as they tell me what the issues are with the statue I have right in front of me. Regardless, I will be sending back my Boba Fett and doing without over having a big chip right in front. Not the response I was wanting at all.

The base and Jet pack should be replaced or you should get more then a 50.00 discount.

The other issues IMO are non issue.. The scratch in the rifle looks like paint.. Is it?? If it is a scratch then I would say it's a small issue but if it;s paint to looks like damage then it is what it is.

And that number 9 you hate is just a hand made paint variation.. It;s not painted incorrectly, you just did not like how it turned out.

But like I said.. a chipped base and messed up jet pack should be replaced. Personally I could live with the Jet pack because it's in the back but that base is a no go for sure.

sorry to hear Avenger.

"normal paint variation" is their way to force people to pay for return shipping. You would have had to do that if not for the chip to the base.

It is really sad when I company has to essentially lie to try and make it as difficult as possible for someone to return something. I remember their customer service dept telling someone that his bent cody was "battle damage". sigh.

I would not call that paint variation a lie... There are other times where I would agree... It may look like a nine but it;s not. and in real life things that get damaged take on interesting shapes.

Again I think this is a good example of where that line works. Wonky eyes, skin too dark, painting outside of the lines... That is all BS.. This one Not so much IMO.

Back