Premium Format Boba Fett Premium Format Figure - New Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A. If it looks good I am not as worried about inaccuracies. I don't think this looks as good as it could... Not from pics so far. It's still nice though.
B. With your logic I might as well buy an action figure and be done with it.. Why get into this hobby in the first place if we were not to care about accuracy and quality?

Don;t get me wrong.. This is a nice piece but the white shirt looks to be too visible. But pics can lie and this could look great in person.

i did say it's very close didn't i?? this forum is loaded with nitpickers and you all know that sideshow NEVER gets it 100% right anyways so why the titty attack? as always here. i do military modelling AND there accuracy is essential while here, it's not..as long as they get this 'statue' 95% right then it's fine iMhO..why all the bitching and griping..it seems to be the MO overhere i guess..

namaste
Miguel

i did say it's very close didn't i?? this forum is loaded with nitpickers and you all know that sideshow NEVER gets it 100% right anyways so why the titty attack? as always here. i do military modelling AND there accuracy is essential while here, it's not..as long as they get this 'statue' 95% right then it's fine iMhO..why all the bitching and griping..it seems to be the MO overhere i guess..

namaste
Miguel

I don't agree that pointing out inaccuracies or flaws is the same as bitching. For me, I bought it, it's close, I'll enjoy it. But, it still has inaccuracies. This hobby is just as much about accuracy as military modeling. You seem to have a bias on that point that doesn't preclude people who buy these statues from having the same desire for accuracy as a military collector would.

Looks like this turned out well. Maybe I'll be able to find a Mythos Fett now :)

As for Star Wars accuracy versus military modeling/replicas, you've got it backwards. Accuracy is actually a lot more important in Star Wars. The reason is simple. Everything is based off of the exact original props that were on screen. There's no variation. Go check out the RPF or the Prop Den to learn about how obsessive some can be. With general military stuff you've got a lot more leeway as far as what's acceptable for replicating one of thousands of weapons/uniforms/vehicles/whatever.

Thanks nice guy. What are your opinions?
Hey m8, i think its an awesome piece and all aspects seem to have been done well. I have no paint issues at all and the materails they have used seem good too. Now the helmet is insanely light and that is pvc so it can be posed on a ball joint. But aprt from that minor point i love it, people wont be dissappionted 👍👌😄

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Thank you so much Niceguyuk! The photos look great, & I definitely like that ESB blaster. I also like that print. Who's s that by?
Hey m8 i got the print before christmas at a star wars convention in mamchester uk guy is called dave kennedy. Ive enclosed his details below 👍

0e9e8efbc0cafcf23f90b6496cff2ec3.jpg

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

namaste
Miguel

Basically just read the next quote.....

I don't agree that pointing out inaccuracies or flaws is the same as bitching. For me, I bought it, it's close, I'll enjoy it. But, it still has inaccuracies. This hobby is just as much about accuracy as military modeling. You seem to have a bias on that point that doesn't preclude people who buy these statues from having the same desire for accuracy as a military collector would.

Exactly... I could own some nice military style models or statues and could care less if it's 100% accurate... It's not what I collect... If I did, I would care as it is a part of history...

But guess what? These things are a part of history also. It is a part of Film history. Sure it's not as important as historical history.. But at the same time... Models are models and statues are statues.. So depending what you are into will make you desire perfection... Or at least near perfection.

The Fett chest armor is the same as if you had a Soldier from WWII model and his Helmet was just a tad too small.

Unless you are using your military collection for a museum or a historical documentary then I don't see why they have 100% accurate.

Few photos with the original Fett, in hand there is no comparison, the new one may not be a 10/10, but it just looks feels a better piece!!!

IMG_3889.jpgIMG_3893.jpgIMG_3894.jpgIMG_3896.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3897.jpg
    IMG_3897.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 168
Ugh. They put the chest decal on wrong. The wheat is laying horizontal. Even if you take into account he's leaning forward, it's wrong. This is where I get irritated with Sideshow, when they can't get the factory to handle the application of a decal right. I get sculpt and size inaccuracies, even paint inaccuracies, those all take skill and talent to get right. But sticking on a decal is a 5 minute "Here's how this goes on guys" meeting at the factory and anyone can do it. From what I can tell, all those I've seen have the decal tilted wrong.

IMG_3894.jpg

the-empire-strikes-back-boba-fett-lando-star-wars.jpg

Last edited:
wow, good eye. I would never have caught that.

Sorry. Now, you might never not see it. It was seeing them both together in those photos that made it stand out. Maybe since he is leaning forward, it won't stand out too bad in hand. :dunno

Looking at this photo where the decal is higher res, it doesn't look as off as some of the others, though it still lays too far to the horizontal. I think they may have aligned the decal to the top edge of the armor plate, which angles downward clockwise once attached to the vest, and would cant the decal that direction by as many degrees as the edge angles. SSC probably gave them a decal template which didn't take this into account when the factory was told to align the template to the top edge of the armor plate when applying the decal. How many figures, statues, and busts has SSC done of Boba Fett, to end up not thinking about that on this PF?

I don't know. If this is representative of what most will look like, it may not be a huge deal. I guess we'll see more when more people start to get them.

0361f7c713904e8f5d0517978d0c1329.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And for those who think about these things in the context of historical military models and artwork, this might help you visualize the error:

panzer-iv-d-1-72-armourfast-tank-model-kit-9899028.jpg

Last edited:
Great._.

Now i will see this wrong emblem forever...:gah::panic: :slap
:wink1:

In terms of accurate paint operations, the HT ROTJ Boba is unbeatable....Ex-3A paintmaster Lok who went to HT 2-3 years ago!

I was into older 3A toys (WWR aka gasmasked NOM's and Robots) the last 3 years (because the mouse hiatus)

and all of my first HT PO's (Kylo,Boba,Phasma) are painted by Lok(o)!

Details...Devil...De.excitement...damn.... maybe mark newman and Lok Ho fanboy? :dunno
KunsT!

Hmm, not sure if the armor plates are too small. I think the proportions are off just a bit because of the white vest. It looks a little big, it could be tighter around the body,

Back