Premium Format Boba Fett Premium Format Figure - New Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not ordering this just because I have too many Star Wars related collectibles & I'm trying to mix-up & vary my collection a bit. But this is a real beauty & looks like it's going to be a stand out piece in anybodies collection.

I'm not ordering this just because I don't have space & I'm trying to mix-up & vary my collection a bit. But this is a real beauty & looks like it's going to be a stand out piece in anybodies collection, except CBGs

Fixed :)

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

It would make it over the top for sure, but that's kind of what I want it to be. Having said that, I would probably display him with the smaller blaster.

In the end, I think we can all agree it is a good time to be a fett collector. Now if EFX can just get me the Slave 1, my collection would be complete.

Boy that email with the video should be edited to NOT say "Available Now" given this thing is months and months away from seeing the light of day.

Boy that email with the video should be edited to NOT say "Available Now" given this thing is months and months away from seeing the light of day.

Ya...should prolly throw a "...FOR PRE-ORDER" at the end of that. :rotfl

So when a statue is on preorder, but a year a way from shipping with the edition size labeled "TBD" are they basically just seeing what the demand is going to be for the statue (how many preorders they get) before they announce the edition size? It seems like to me they'd already have that figured out. Great looking statue though!

So when a statue is on preorder, but a year a way from shipping with the edition size labeled "TBD" are they basically just seeing what the demand is going to be for the statue (how many preorders they get) before they announce the edition size? It seems like to me they'd already have that figured out. Great looking statue though!

Essentially yes, it is how it works now. The more people that order before it is announced, the higher it will be, not great but it is what it is. This one will be pretty big regardless though.

Years ago I worked at a foundry casting fine art bronze statues and at the time we called it/them Artist's Proofs...instead of TBD or Pre-Order. It was essentially the same thing, and a way for the Artist to gauge how well (and fast) the AP's sold, and whether or not additional Master Molds would need to be created in order to handle the planned Edition size for regular production. Depending on what type of material is being poured into the mold (we used wax) and the actual mold material itself (silicon in most cases) can determine the lifespan of the mold. This can directly affect an edition size if the silicon was not measured properly (uncured), and tears, or general deterioration occur during the normal assembly process and are not accounted for. We had one Artist that we only made one mold for and it basically disintegrated after 50 or 60 pulls (very rough texture on piece). He was hoping to get an edition size in the hundreds... that didn't happen.
Of course polystone, resin, mixed media or whatever you want to call these pieces are different. But the idea is exactly the same.

Re: Boba Fett (new version)

I'm trying very hard to convince myself that I don't need this new Boba PF.

No more display room. :lol

I'm trying very hard to convince myself that I don't need this new Boba PF.

No more display room. :lol

I was having that problem as well... then I just kept looking at the Mythos statue and decided it can't get any better than that so I saved the $ for MYC's Yoda. :)

I was having that problem as well... then I just kept looking at the Mythos statue and decided it can't get any better than that so I saved the $ for MYC's Yoda. :)

I passed on the Mythos because of the scale but it does have an awesome pose and good paint app.

Does how soon your pre-order the statue determine what number you'll get or is it completely random? (for example, if you pre-ordered on the first day it was available will you get a low number like 50/1000 or something?)

Back