Premium Format Boba Fett Premium Format Figure - New Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Boba Fett (new version)

a Few things I'm disappointed with:
1. In the Preview photo it looks like his range finder would light up like in the movie, whereas it looks like that won't be a feature in the final product (Sideshow has recently taken lights out a few different statues previewed with lights
2.The Price, I made a joke about it at SDCC that it will cost about 450$ and everyone was telling me I was wrong, but it's still a little too close to home for a budget collector.
3. The EX. Not sure what else they COULD do, but giving ESB Fett the ROTJ blaster is kinda weak sauce, especially considering a light-up rangefiner or chest-plate would be more than possible with that base. Heck even a button that spouted out Lines from the film would have been pretty awesome.

That being said the pose, detail, and overall size on this guy is ABSOLUTELY a day-one flex-pay order for me as it's the best Boba I've seen that isn't an actual costume.

Additionally, does anyone know if he will be the usual 20-22in PF size WITH the base or will sideshow be throwing a 14in boba fett on a 6in base and calling it a PF?

A few things I'm disappointed with.
1. I have to wait til Thursday to PO

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

I am not a purist. I like the ROTJ blaster more and will be displaying him with that.

Maybe a light up base would have been a nicer option, but failing that, I cannot think of what else SS could have done.

The exclusive gets a big thumbs up from me...especially when you look at what the marvel and dc ladies are getting these days.

I am not a purist. I like the ROTJ blaster more and will be displaying him with that.

Maybe a light up base would have been a nicer option, but failing that, I cannot think of what else SS could have done.

The exclusive gets a big thumbs up from me...especially when you look at what the marvel and dc ladies are getting these days.

Considering the terrible EX that came with the original Fett PF I'll take a 1/4 sized ROTJ blaster any day of the week, and I am happy that there is an EX option when there didn't have to be

Additionally, does anyone know if he will be the usual 20-22in PF size WITH the base or will sideshow be throwing a 14in boba fett on a 6in base and calling it a PF?

That's my biggest concern right now and hope it's the opposite way. I want this to be at least be like the Keaton Bats PF where the even though the base about 7", it becomes a ~27" PF altogether.

1. I have to wait a year to have it in hand

So much temptation for me to buy this. I'm strictly 1/4 Comic Statutes only but like most of you guys here I grew up on SW and I've always wanted a Boba in my collection. Maybe I can break the rules just this once :naughty

Oh and for the new Vader PF to :D

Totally in the same boat!! Gonna order this FO SHO...just a matter of when. The EX is fine with me...the price is a tad high but I can swing it.

As awesome as this statue is I have no plans on giving SSC $43 this Thursday. I'll probably wait until it goes to wait list and then jump on to prolong the NRD as long as possible. That tactic has yet to backfire on me.

1. I have to wait til Thursday to PO
2. Then wait another god damn year to have it in hand

1. I have to wait a year to have it in hand
Edited mine.

So... After looking at these new pictures closely & thoroughly, let me put my thoughts in the most straightforward way possible.

Ha, they teased the exclusive from day one. :lol

Sideshow-StarWarsPanel-13.jpg

Honestly I find no fault with this piece. When I look at it I see Fett, I see ESB, I see one of the coolest movie statues ever made.

300152_press03.jpg

Obviously it's a different pose and base but I can almost hear Boba Fett's (original) voice saying, "Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold..." when I look at that shot.

I'm glad this one has come in below the $450.00 mark..., admitedly not by much though BUT at least $439.99 is better than speculated. :)

Back