Statue BLITZWAY- Enter the Dragon- Bruce Lee Tribute 1/3 scale Statue Ver. 2 spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The video supports the photos in that this piece has a one tone, lifeless paint job IMO. I doubt I'll get this based on the current evidence but I feel I'd have to repaint it to get the best out of it and if I thought it unlikely a better ETD was going to be made. Personally I still feel the GOD is a more accurate statue. I wish this had been much truer to the proto.

one thing that's changed is the placement of the statue's feet.or if you prefer where it stands on the base,by looking at the finished version compared to the proto.
nothing major....I'm just bored:lol

The video supports the photos in that this piece has a one tone, lifeless paint job IMO. I doubt I'll get this based on the current evidence but I feel I'd have to repaint it to get the best out of it and if I thought it unlikely a better ETD was going to be made. Personally I still feel the GOD is a more accurate statue. I wish this had been much truer to the proto.

but does it support the crappy photos or the good photos. Still hard to tell imo. Lighting glaring off the chest and vid isn't quite the smoothest. If in-hand the body paint looks like this I will be perfectly satisfied:

10854226_1546231662316316_4512409107427228317_o.jpg

It does look a better colour there. First person in this thread to get one will need to be interrogated on these matters :lol

But one of the things that bugs me the most is the bob cut.
Affects the whole look and adds to the boyish and cartoony appearance of this piece.
Where is that 1973 big hair?

Screen%20shot%202015-02-23%20at%209.17.56%20AM_zpss7mymqle.png

I don't mind keeping the hair slightly more slim.
Its hard to get Lee's hair right when doing it in plastic. In the past when companies have done 'bigger' hair, its made figures look like a bobblehead since the hair is solid black, rather than allowing light to filter through and around the strands.

agree about hair being cropped,mind you HT messed the DX-04 hair up also.yet the GOD hair is much better from blitzway,and only a few months prior to filming enter,so blitzway could really have done something similar...or even dry brushed some brown into it..where's that wig:lol

Agreed it is not a fair comparison, photographically speaking.
I've no doubt there will be more detail when seeing it in-hand.
But the sculptural changes from the proto are affecting the face as much as any soft detailing in the texture.

I think he means the detail will more noticeable in hand, because little details like that are usually more noticeable in hand.

To Blitzway .....

brucelee.gif

:rotfl :rotfl

I log in just to give this post a thumbs up.

That said, I'm still keeping my PO cos I think he'll still look great when not under the scrutiny of lens....not proto great, but would most probably still have a great presence.

Only because of the size and nothing else or also maybe the pose and base.

Those angles look really great, not cartoony at all. I think even amazing statues look bad from certain angles, the GOD is no different- looks great in some shots, not like Bruce at all in others.

Yeah but from front on the GOD sculpt looks like a realistic version of Bruce Lee, whereas this one looks too toyish and cartoony from front on or any angle for that matter as it lacks skin texture, which the GOD had.

I think the statue is gonna come out all right, still the best ETD statue out there, and an ever so slight step up from the GOD imo

Why do you say that?

after ripping this,this gives me some hope..my favourite shot so far.

Looks like a toy version of the proto but great likeness nonetheless. I am starting to think the proto was resin and not PVC, which would explain the slight changes in the way the sculpt looks and lack of skin texture in the face, since PVC is not as good as resin at retaining details during casting.

If I got the statue I would do this.
Hit it with a pretty major repaint, give it a richer skin tone and try and lose the wax dummy look.
If they are not decals, repaint the cuts, especially on the abdomen, make them wider and have them run. This would help lessen the appearance of the over sized spacing too.
Futz the hell out of the pants.
Repaint larger nipples.

Problem:
An extensive and difficult repaint.
Most of the shots indicate drain pipe pants, not enough loose material to achieve the accurate puffiness.
The physique and head are softly detailed no matter what the lighting and look more like Bruce did in WOTD rather than ETD.

Still, with work it could look a pretty decent ETD and perhaps the best.
But that is a lot of work to complete on an already expensive statue.
I don't know if I'd be up for it. But I'd aim for something like below if achievable.

T1_zpsjoopjkyy.jpg

Yeah that would look so much better, great concept. :clap

I suppose you have to weigh it up. I wouldnt say the paint app is bad at all and the vid shows natural light catching the detail in the torso. So, if its maybe a 7, 8 out of 10, youd have to ask if its worth it. Id prob do some work on the cuts tho.

IMO this is most likely a 6 at best, it is not a bad paint job, but something like a 7 or 8 is heading towards the realm of realism, which this statue apparently lacks, as I have not seen one picture so far where this statue looks real. It just looks like a toy.

ust wait and see if Rafa buys it. He will no doubt re paint it lol

And add "real" hair but yeah I would like to see his repaint. Wasn't a fan of what he did with GOD though.

The video supports the photos in that this piece has a one tone, lifeless paint job IMO. I doubt I'll get this based on the current evidence but I feel I'd have to repaint it to get the best out of it and if I thought it unlikely a better ETD was going to be made.

Do you often repaint things?

Personally I still feel the GOD is a more accurate statue. I wish this had been much truer to the proto.

It's more accurate to the proto that is for sure, but whether the likeness is more accurate than this is subjective.

Last edited:
Why do you say that?

better likeness, expressiveness and more sculpt less track suit.

I do really like the game of death track suit, its iconic, but if they're charging over $500 for the statue and the $.50 track suit takes up a majority of real estate on the sculpt... :nono The GOD and ETD are being pretty heavily compared to each other but in the ETD's case there is just a lot more for us to scrutinize. If we get it and we find that its a very well done piece, I think it wins.

better likeness and more sculpt less track suit.

Well the likeness is subjective, but I can see why you think it is better though, for me I am on the fence. However, the GOD looks more realistic, but that doesn't mean the likeness is better. As for saying it is a better statue because it doesn't have the track suit, I can see why you would think that but really it's just your personal preference.

I do really like the game of death track suit, its iconic, but if they're charging over $500 for the statue and the $.50 track suit takes up a majority of real estate on the sculpt... :nono

Oh I didn't know that.

The GOD and ETD are being pretty heavily compared to each other but in the ETD's case there is just a lot more for us to scrutinize. If we get it we find that its a very well done piece, I think it wins.

I really don't think it is going to look much better than what we have seen now. What we see now is what we are going to get, so I honestly don't think there will be a magic set of pics that will make us think this statue is mind blowing! Don't get me wrong though, I think its a decent statue but the sculpt doesn't look as realistic and the paint job doesn't look realistic either.

It sounds like I'm dogging the GOD... I don't really mean to, I would love to have it also. I guess I'm taking more of a stab at Blitzway in general. I think the prices on both of these are really steep. They're charging XM/ARH prices for pieces a little closer to SS imo. Just looking at what you get with Death Dealer... sheesh its a beast.

With these I wish there was more Diorama and less base, you'd feel a little better about spending this kind of money. I think maybe the prices are more reflective of the Asian market where you pay some pretty high prices for 1/8 scale figures.

...butttttt I need Bruce Lee in my collection and this one feels like the one to have. I dont think anything better will be along for a good while, and who knows, maybe when its here in front of me it'll change my mind.

It sounds like I'm dogging the GOD... I don't really mean to, I would love to have it also. I guess I'm taking more of a stab at Blitzway in general. I think the prices on both of these are really steep. They're charging XM/ARH prices for pieces a little closer to SS imo.

Yeah I know but SS statues are usually 1/4 scale and although the Hulk Maquette is huge, the GOD statue figure is bigger than it. So that is why they are charging so much for statues similar in quality to sideshow because of their size.

Just looking at what you get with Death Dealer... sheesh its a beast.

What is that?

With these I wish there was more Diorama and less base, you'd feel a little better about spending this kind of money. I think maybe the prices are more reflective of the Asian market where you pay some pretty high prices for 1/8 scale figures.

Now that would be cool, this should of came with a mirror diorama back drop.

...butttttt I need Bruce Lee in my collection and this one feels like the one to have. I dont think anything better will be along for a good while, and who knows, maybe when its here in front of me it'll change my mind.

Well like I said, I don't think it is a bad piece at all and would be a great product to own, in fact I am leaning towards buying this now.

I agree about the bases,nice though they are,it leaves displaying them difficult.comparing the 2 statues is going to happen,it's bruce lee enough said:wink1:.i think the GOD sculpt is better paint wise,but the expression lets it down.
this sculpt looks very good indeed,but needs more texture to stop it as steve said looking toy like.
both statues will no doubt look great together on display,shame this dropped in the quality department Vs proto.
but cost wise GOD is better value,yes more can be said went into ETD,but no extras like GOD,that's just my opinion.

Yeah I know but SS statues are usually 1/4 scale and although the Hulk Maquette is huge, the GOD statue figure is bigger than it. So that is why they are charging so much for statues similar in quality to sideshow because of their size.

true but only in height. Also these Blitzways have 5" bases. Most sideshow bases are diorama, Red Sonja's is also 5" but with rock, shield, snow and her boot on enemy helm which add something to the piece. Overall she's 26" and under $400. Like you mentioned, mirrors would have been awesome on this. Really price is subjective but I just can't help but think that a lot is wasted on the Blitzway base. Maybe I'll feel different with the overall piece when it's in front of me as I'm a Blitzway newb :lol

What is that?

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...389-frank-frazetta-death-dealer-1-4-a-51.html

I agree about the bases,nice though they are,it leaves displaying them difficult.comparing the 2 statues is going to happen,it's bruce lee enough said:wink1:.i think the GOD sculpt is better paint wise,but the expression lets it down.
this sculpt looks very good indeed,but needs more texture to stop it as steve said looking toy like.

Yeah that's right but I didn't know how much until I saw this high quality pic that you posted Chris.

It looks like it has pretty much zero skin texture, thus making it appear very plastic and toy looking.

both statues will no doubt look great together on display,shame this dropped in the quality department Vs proto.
but cost wise GOD is better value,yes more can be said went into ETD,but no extras like GOD,that's just my opinion.

IMO I would say more went into GOD because that turned out proto perfect sculpt and body wise. Whereas, more should of gone into this but didn't when we are talking sculpting detail. Yes unlike GOD they had to paint the body but that doesn't mean more went into this, it just means they had to paint more. So overall more went into the GOD as far as quality goes.

true but only in height.

I know but it's a big difference, just the GOD figure alone dwarfs all my other 1/4 scale items.

Also these Blitzways have 5" bases. Most sideshow bases are diorama, Red Sonja's is also 5" but with rock, shield, snow and her boot on enemy helm which add something to the piece. Overall she's 26" and under $400. Like you mentioned, mirrors would have been awesome on this.

Yeah it would have, but I would imagine that would of cost a lot though to make and thus, this would probably end up being over 1 k USD then! :horror

Really price is subjective but I just can't help but think that a lot is wasted on the Blitzway base. Maybe I'll feel different with the overall piece when it's in front of me as I'm a Blitzway newb :lol

It is quite a boring looking base, at least GOD had the wooden floor diorama, which although simple, it was scene specific, whereas this base is just a round base with the Yin and Yang symbol. However, I do think it would of been cool if the GOD had a diorama screen back drop.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...389-frank-frazetta-death-dealer-1-4-a-51.html[/QUOTE]

Wow that looks amazing, great paint job, how big is that?

Last edited:
the upside to this is the sculpt is an improvement on the HD1002.the slashes are just as good on that also,the shoulder ones are more accurate.
this instead of being jaw dropping,is going to be nice/good.so glad I'm getting it cheap:lol to go with my waiting case:wink1:

Torso looks to have some nice tones going on in there. Not as flat as I thought it might be. Im liking it. Would look so cool with the mirrors behind him. Something id look i to.

Back