Blitzway - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure - 1/6 scale Bill & Ted

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Bill-less Ted was a really foolish decision if the goal was to sell more product.

Cheap licenses...maybe even free

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Even if they're free the work effort to create these and the molds is not. I can't believe that Blitzway will be in the black selling those figures. Even if people were buying them to kitbash other figures with the headsculpts, I can't see either figure being profitable.

Yep. So far the Ghostbusters remain their flagship figures and their most prudent license acquisition.

Good thing they made all four of them. I think the fact that Soldier Story only came out with Egon and Peter is what kind of killed it for them. BW put out a complete lineup.

In other words, can’t have Ted without Bill.

Ghostbusters was easy though as they reuse the same clothing and accessories. New head and name patch and you’re done.
Still, why decide to only make one half of a comedy team? If you don’t think Bill will sell, find another stand alone that’s in high demand like “Dewey Finn”.

I think they should have produced a smaller run for Bill at a higher price point, but you still need to make it.

Or make it a 2 pack and force people to buy both of them. This is a very strange decision indeed.

Agreed about a 2 pack. Sure you’d lose some who only would have bought Ted but I think you’d make up for it with more Bill sales in a set than if he were sold individually.

Ghostbusters was easy though as they reuse the same clothing and accessories. New head and name patch and you’re done.
Still, why decide to only make one half of a comedy team? If you don’t think Bill will sell, find another stand alone that’s in high demand like “Dewey Finn”.

Next will probably be “Shallow Hal”.

Yep. So far the Ghostbusters remain their flagship figures and their most prudent license acquisition.

Good thing they made all four of them. I think the fact that Soldier Story only came out with Egon and Peter is what kind of killed it for them. BW put out a complete lineup.

In other words, can’t have Ted without Bill.

Wait wha? Soldier Story released Egon & Peter?

They should make a two pack release with Bill and Ted, and a single release with just Ted if they are (somewhat bafflingly) concerned that Bill wouldn't sell.

If they went down that route, I know which I'd lay good money on that they would have left over stock of at the end of the day. And it wouldn't be the two pack. :lol

I was prepared to buy Bill, Ted, Rufus, Death, and a phone booth. Now, nothing. Pretty sad.

I would have loved to have Bill and Ted and their phone booth set up next to my Doctor(s) and TARDIS display. Alas...

If they packed the Phone Booth with Bill and Ted that would be an awesome, awesome piece. Just hope it'd fit in a detolf!

I can see why they wouldn't do the other characters but not making Bill makes zero sense. They'll be lucky to sell half the units they would have had both characters been released together.

Their names are in the title ffs, can't imagine what Blitzway's logic is on this. Releasing one to test the market will result in low sales as is often the case for Hot Toys. These things cost too much to lay down $200+ on the off chance they might expand the line later.

Possible new movie aside, boy this has to really be a kick in the nuts for Alex Winter. "Ted's Excellent Adventure."

Two pack with Gywneth's character?

And don't forget these two: untitled.jpg

"Koo-Koo!"
shallowhal_400x400.jpg

What’s this about them not planning to make bill? That’s a pretty dumb move which effectively writes this one off for me. Oh well, looked good too

Back