Blitzway Basic Instinct 1/4 Sharon Stone Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I preordered it but not too happy now..
It seems more of a HCG quality than Blitzway quality...[emoji2955]
I don’t know if I’ll keep the preorder...[emoji3166]

Hmm, IMHO, unlike Marylin Monroe, this one looks more like a mannequin.. with glossy skin, and less details on the folded area of the elbows, and lifeless eyes.
I cancelled my preorder. Here's hopin their Hannibal looks more like the prototype.

The dead eye partial smirk is actually signature to the character.

Dunno....that looks pretty amazing to me.....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

It was always a weird choice but I think it looks great. Maybe a slight downgrade from prototype but if I had been planning on getting it I still would.

ToysTV now has a video of this up on YouTube. This statue isn't for me but I am really looking forward to their Godfather piece.

I preordered it but not too happy now..
It seems more of a HCG quality than Blitzway quality...[emoji2955]
I don’t know if I’ll keep the preorder...[emoji3166]

Hmm, IMHO, unlike Marylin Monroe, this one looks more like a mannequin.. with glossy skin, and less details on the folded area of the elbows, and lifeless eyes.
I cancelled my preorder. Here's hopin their Hannibal looks more like the prototype.

I don't know what you are looking at, but this looks pretty damn close to the prototype. She's stunning.

I don't know what you are looking at, but this looks pretty damn close to the prototype. She's stunning.

Well.
I have the Marylin one. And I finally saw Sharon in hand, before I cancel my order. IMHO, the quality is not the same. Marylin looks much more like the prototype, even the same. Sharon in the other hand, looks more like a lifeless mannequin. There's just no "life" in it.

I'm happy to those who feel happy with it, but I am not happy with her and I am happy that I cancelled my order.

Shes sitting and giving a cold lifeless stare, THATS THE CHARACTER. If the look doesn’t do it for you, fine, but its not a production issue, its literally how she is in the scene...

catherine-tramell-c7e7e2bc-212b-4279-89d6-820da93d2f9-resize-750.jpeg

Well, I am not talking about the "lifeless stare" or the character itself.
I'm talking about lifeless as in she doesn't look like "miniature living human" as Marylin does.
Means her skin looks like real skin, her hair details, the way they treat the smallest details in the sculpt itself.. she has "life" in her.
As for Sharon, she looks a lot like mannequin. The way they painted the skin, the hair sculpt details.
The quality is very very different with Marylin.
As simple as that.

And calm down, if you like it then good for you. I don't. :)

Fair enough, i think her hair is very detailed and the changes in skin tone are obvious, but to each their own.

Well, I am not talking about the "lifeless stare" or the character itself.
I'm talking about lifeless as in she doesn't look like "miniature living human" as Marylin does.
Means her skin looks like real skin, her hair details, the way they treat the smallest details in the sculpt itself.. she has "life" in her.
As for Sharon, she looks a lot like mannequin. The way they painted the skin, the hair sculpt details.
The quality is very very different with Marylin.
As simple as that.

Sadly, I feel the same..[emoji22]

Sadly, I feel the same..[emoji22]

Well I know I am not the only one. :)
I'm sure some people who has seen both in person will notice that there's a drop of quality from Blitzway here.
It's not in the same level as the Marylin one.
And it's sad, really. I would've loved to have the one that looks like the prototype,
or at least as close as Marylin to the prototype.
I like the character, but I just can't spend that much money for this failure.

I still keep my preorders for Blitzway's Lecter though, ordered both version.
Let's just hope those will not be a let down.

Well I know I am not the only one. :)
I'm sure some people who has seen both in person will notice that there's a drop of quality from Blitzway here.
It's not in the same level as the Marylin one.
And it's sad, really. I would've loved to have the one that looks like the prototype,
or at least as close as Marylin to the prototype.
I like the character, but I just can't spend that much money for this failure.

I still keep my preorders for Blitzway's Lecter though, ordered both version.
Let's just hope those will not be a let down.

I understand what your saying, but unfortunately its more common in this game than the alternative.

Marilyn is the exception not the rule. For every Jack Sparrow or Robocop, we get dozens of Iron Men, SW and GOTG figures , which are very good, but fail to live up to the prototypes.

I think this falls into that predictable pattern. Is a great statue, is it the best it could have been? No. But its a really great production piece.

It would be great if this hobby could get more of its production stuff to live up to the prototype.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Back