Blitzway 1/6 Scale Tyler Durden Ultimate Masterpiece Figures from Fight Club

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol

I'm just bummed the I can not get him to hold the cigarettes to his mouth with his hand.

I haven't worked much with the fur coat one yet, but I do like his sculpt better. With the red coat, I will definitely be displaying him with the glasses
only. Without them, it throws the likeness off quite a bit. Granted, in-hand, it looks much better than it does in my photos, as is the case with most figures. I am loving how the figure looks with the robe on.

As for the hair, the sculpting is definitely there, but there isn't as much gold hightlights as there is in the proto. That is killing the detail, as well as the paint might be applied too thick, as someone else has pointed out. It doesn't bother me that much personally, but I can see why someone would be bothered.

Thanks...I am making sure that I can remember where my pitchfork is but I may not be quite ready to bring it out yet...the day is still young though...

.....<waits for next wave of hysteria to hit>

There was a lot of panic from some...ok I will speak for myself...from me based upon those terrible first photos. I am not sure that this figure should get a pass today just because the figure does not appear to be as shockingly bad as it did yesterday. Particularly with today's pictures coming from a reliable member who knows how to photograph figures properly. At $250 it needs to be as good as Hot Toys because that is what they charge so a little hysteria may be a healthy thing.

Here's one with the glasses on.

29822660920_ce01869978_b.jpg

Canon 40D with a Canon 100mm 2.8L macro lens. 2-3 studio lights and a backdrop.

If it's lens distortion that has you concerned, Lightroom is correcting it as I upload them to the program.

not at all, I just wanted the info out there for people.

Great photo! But man that hair...looks like something that a child made with modeling clay :(

e4a2e09248f985f56dc43fc46272d580.jpg
Hair, especially spiked hair, is one of the most difficult aspects to achieve convincingly in 1/6. So hey expert, please show the perfect 1/6 scale spiked hair sculpt that meets your approval. We get it, post after post, you don't like the hair, disrespecting someone's work by continuing to mock it as child-like clay is rude.

Looking at Spangles' photos, it still seems that a considerable amount of paint and sculpt detail has been lost in production compared to the prototype. What's also throwing the likeness off are the narrow irises. Something that HT is guilty of now and then. This surprises me since Blitzway did an excellent job with the eyes on Carlito and Scarface to nail their portraits. Just my 2 cents.

View attachment 296454
Hair, especially spiked hair, is one of the most difficult aspects to achieve convincingly in 1/6. So hey expert, please show the perfect 1/6 scale spiked hair sculpt that meets your approval. We get it, post after post, you don't like the hair, disrespecting someone's work by continuing to mock it as child-like clay is rude.

It isn't the sculpted hair that is the problem, it's the paint they slop on it that is.

Two more before I go back and really focus on taking (hopefully) nicer photos and some of the fur coat version. These were just a quick setup to get some photos to you guys.

The dirty look of the robe does not show up in photos at all.

30083448916_c5e4be41ae_b.jpg

The chair in this photo is just one that I use quite frequently with my figures. Does not come with the Durden figures.
30118380595_9bed08810c_b.jpg

Last edited:
For those in the US mine just arrived to New York today yet I am located in a different country so it is gonna take sometime. No tracking or any info it just showed up and yes I ordered through blitzway.

Sent from my SM-A500H using Tapatalk

View attachment 296454

K.A. Kim's sculpt looked great... Whatever happened in the factory does not...and I am far from an expert except in knowing what I like and what I don't. The purpose of forums like this one is to read the opinions of others and perhaps provide a few of your own too... Not everyone is going to agree with you about spiky hair sculpts or a whole host of other things...I will probably have a few more things to say about various things about this figure and if they are upsetting it may be best to not read them :)

Two more before I go back and really focus on taking (hopefully) nicer photos and some of the fur coat version. These were just a quick setup to get some photos to you guys.

30083448916_c5e4be41ae_b.jpg

That's a nice photo (and the glasses and smoke should be mandatory).

Apart from the robe being the wrong colour, that looks about as good as anyone could reasonably have expected

Looks great, people are seriously exaggerating. Wait before you get it in-hand before judging.

Sure, it's not as nice as the proto but the proto is always of a higher standard. This looks Hot Toys quality.

Bottom line for me after seeing these photos- It's a good figure. Nothing like the protos. Paint apps make or break a figure. The protos showed a near lifelike so real it's scary figure that was well worth the 250$ asking price. The final product however is threezero quality at best and as such should be priced accordingly (150$ max). Maybe I'll get this figure if someone gets me an eBay gift card for Christmas idk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back