Blitzway 1/6 Scale Tyler Durden Ultimate Masterpiece Figures from Fight Club

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great first pictures, Spangles. The likeness is there - definitely looks like a figment of Edward Norton's imagination to me!

I agree with Spangles on the eyes though for sure. I was never not going to put his sunglasses on him though so not a huge issue for me. I'm thinking they might just be too dark for a Brad Pitt figure.

Just did two quick ones (so far) to show the sculpts. The fur coat sculpt is superior to the other, imo. The eyes (I think) seem to be throwing the likeness off on the red coat one.

30081131826_6678d87dd8_b.jpg

29487754064_84fdf9707d_b.jpg

Spangles' photography is great as always... But that hair on the red jacket version...I am seriously wondering if I am going to go from canceling and re-ordering from BBTS yesterday...back to canceling today...what is going on with that hair????
Someone compared it to a $24.99 figure and as great as the face sculpt is currently looking...I have seen more realistically sculpted hair on 18 inch jumbo Jakks Pacific Star Wars figures warming the shelves at my local Target!!!!!!

Spangles' photography is great as always... But that hair on the red jacket version...I am seriously wondering if I am going to go from canceling and re-ordering from BBTS yesterday...back to canceling today...what is going on with that hair????

Too much paint, too thick...it kills all detail.

damn. lots of details gone! :mad: kinda reminds me of the knock off heads. extra soft and smooth. markerd on brows .im worried now for my ghostbuster set. i guess i thought blitzway had a different approach to releasing the figure looking more like the prototype.

Too much paint, too thick...it kills all detail.

Yep... I have never owned a Blitzway figure but have heard nothing but raves...I just cannot imagine that today's Hot Toys would allow ANY figure to leave their factory with hair looking like that...Spangles takes some of my favorite pictures so I do not think I can blame anyone but Blitzway for this one unlike yesterday's bad photo panic...

i know the 1st pics werent flattering. but i could see the smooth, thick, bland hair strands on those too. and i hoped at least the eyes were distorted, but nope. they are just off.

Ouch. I am looking at those pictures and trying to talk myself back into this figure... Someone commented that we thought we might be getting a Hot Toys killer but now we are getting something on par with Hot Toys instead...I am thinking that this may be occupying a spot between the best from Sideshow but solidly below Hot Toys...the hair is definitely toyish and would be difficult to ignore.

Just did two quick ones (so far) to show the sculpts. The fur coat sculpt is superior to the other, imo. The eyes (I think) seem to be throwing the likeness off on the red coat one.

30081131826_6678d87dd8_b.jpg

29487754064_84fdf9707d_b.jpg

Going by your pics I think it's the shape of the head, it looks too wide and nothing like the proto. The fur coat sculpt looks pretty good. Shame they messed up the red coat version sculpt, I was looking forward to getting the special set.

Last edited:
The elbows are unfortunately single bend.

Spangles you probably have not had a chance to digest these... But what are your initial impressions? I have definitely been wowed by figures right out of the box before and then others...the ones I usually end up parting with... Not so much...

It would be helpful to some if you posted what camera and lens setup you're using.

.....<waits for next wave of hysteria to hit>

:lol

I'm just bummed the I can not get him to hold the cigarettes to his mouth with his hand.

Spangles you probably have not had a chance to digest these... But what are your initial impressions? I have definitely been wowed by figures right out of the box before and then others...the ones I usually end up parting with... Not so much...

I haven't worked much with the fur coat one yet, but I do like his sculpt better. With the red coat, I will definitely be displaying him with the glasses only. Without them, it throws the likeness off quite a bit. Granted, in-hand, it looks much better than it does in my photos, as is the case with most figures. I am loving how the figure looks with the robe on.

As for the hair, the sculpting is definitely there, but there isn't as much gold hightlights as there is in the proto. That is killing the detail, as well as the paint might be applied too thick, as someone else has pointed out. It doesn't bother me that much personally, but I can see why someone would be bothered.

It would be helpful to some if you posted what camera and lens setup you're using.

Canon 40D with a Canon 100mm 2.8L macro lens. 2-3 studio lights and a backdrop.

If it's lens distortion that has you concerned, Lightroom is correcting it as I upload them to the program.

Last edited:
Back