Blitzway 1/6 Scale Tyler Durden Ultimate Masterpiece Figures from Fight Club

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So now your excited to get this Vortex? U still going to stick to your two feet rule?

It's growing on me. A lot of good comparisons to other protos that weren't exactly met has swayed me a bit towards the light.

I'm thinking one ft. now without the dog torture setup.

As a huge FC fan, I really want to like this figure. Either of them. But so far none of the pics or videos has shown that wow that would make me want to reorder. At the same time this is the best licensed FC we're gonna get. :gah:

It's growing on me. A lot of good comparisons to other protos that weren't exactly met has swayed me a bit towards the light.

Hmm ok I didn't think anything could sway you. Personally I think you will happy with them, they don't look like the protos but they don't look bad either.

I'm thinking one ft. now without the dog torture setup.

Well at least you have decided to remove the barrier. :rotfl

View attachment 296830
View attachment 296831
View attachment 296832

i can only say that the head sculpt is not bad at all, but definitely short of the wow factor
when i saw it in the promo picture. there is other thing that's really disappoints me, there
is no ankle articualtion. it really sucks, it's a 250 dollars figure after all.

To each their own...how we all spend our money is no one's business but our own (and maybe our wife's too)...but my pendulum is slowly swinging back to the "cancel" side...I am really sensing from initial reactions and pictures that this is not a bad figure just perhaps overpriced for the quality. I definitely have a personal gauge for what I expect in a 1/6 scale figure for $250 and this may be falling just a bit below the threshold. Probably a couple of week's worth of pictures to review before BBTS ships so I will see how things unfold for a bit.

Don't hate but this is how I'm looking at it.

Problem is people see the proto sculpt painted and they think it's gonna be 100% the same!

Reality is K.A is the best of the best she can't magic her skill to every single person on the production line but she can inspect them and paint a mean proto and sculpt it...... Is the set over priced? No! 2 figures and a bunch of extra's for $500. Hot toys figure retails what $260ish? :dunno

The problem is not the paint, it's the loss of details on the sculpt.

Here is the video of the production sculpt painted by KA, the sculpt still looks way off compared to the proto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln-rSXzzZGo

Even with her paint job, the sculpt still looks rather cartoony.

As a huge FC fan, I really want to like this figure. Either of them. But so far none of the pics or videos has shown that wow that would make me want to reorder.

Me either. :(

At the same time this is the best licensed FC we're gonna get. :gah:

Now that is most likely true.

Look at the photos and video kim put up over the summer. Even her painted one looks closer to the final one and nothing like the proto shots

i've also got the HT terminator genisys the guardian, and i think both its two head sculpt and the jacket
are superior to this tyler durden. not to mention the brand name, body sturdiness and articulations.
but tyler cost 10% more than the guardian, i think this is the problem.

So my shipping says it went out on the 2nd or 3rd, but low and behold it just arrived!
Guys (and gals) please wait to pass judgement until in hand. This is nowhere near as bad as the photos I've seen and what people are making it out to be without proper info. Sure it doesn't look as near as the proto pics, but if you want perfection look at your "girlfriends" Victoria Secret catalog. Can't say for sure whether it's Hot Toys quality, to each their own, but I can say I'm not sorry for paying $500 for the set.

So far my only complaints are the boots on the red jacket version seem not up to par as some of the other releases (being a huge FC fanatic I own every other release), and the pants on bald version seem an odd choice of color, not quite red and not quite orange, more like a pumpkin color(?). The robe is white for some reason(?) and is just dirty enough to not come across in photos well, but a nice grunge look to it.

My one main grip with the sculpt is actually around the mouth area. Don't know if it's from the original sculpt or something from the molding process, but it appears rather flat across the mouth and not contoured. The corners of the mouth don't quite go back, but seem flattened out (if this makes sense).
The hair doesn't look as detailed as the proto, but it still looks great in my opinion. I'm in no way a photographer so I have no intention of taking any photos.

i've also got the HT terminator genisys the guardian, and i think both its two head sculpt and the jacket
are superior to this tyler durden. not to mention the brand name, body sturdiness and articulations.
but tyler cost 10% more than the guardian, i think this is the problem.

Have not seen Tyler Durden in person yet but based upon the pictures this is absolutely true and a great point regarding the price difference too!

Anyone gotten shipping info from BW?

Just got a tracking from Blitzway.
Mine says "Acceptance" in China on the 3rd.
So there's a possibility mine might be here tonight or tomorrow! :horror

After seeing the video from a few pages ago. I'm not worried.
As long as its Hot Toys quality, I'm happy.
From most of the new pics I've seen, my only nitpick are the sunglasses, looks bigger than the proto.
Other than that, I think the figure is fine.

Back