Blitzway 1/6 Scale Tyler Durden Ultimate Masterpiece Figures from Fight Club

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
253de54c5e4973f6c1373f8ad3d3fb2a.jpg

Friday is opening day......have to work 12 hours tomorrow , but ........

I might pee in the soup.....

What's the first rule again?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just please leave the chowder alone, Thanks.:lol

Congrats guys getting theirs in. This figure makes collecting fun again, there's that something extra, can't put my finger on it. But it's just plain fun looking at this guy. Ghostbusters are gonna be mind blowing, can't wait.

I know, if you dye it, then you dye the mugs too -- yellow turns to orange-y, etc. I'm thinking you can sponge dye it around the mugs or dry brush it around the mugs.

there's a type of dye that is brushed on like water color, however note on fabrics the wet paint may sip into other areas and you can't really dry brush it because the paint won't reach the depts of the fabric.

That from amazon? That's where i'm gonna order. Man gonna take restraint not to open that.

Open it already Xipotec! I am really curious to see what you think!

My first Hot Toys figure was Bank Robber Joker 1.0 when it was a brand new release and I will never forget the feeling of opening that box for the first time and seeing the figure embedded in foam as I scanned what appeared to be an infinite number of accessories. The figure had me at the box! I was right back there as I opened Tyler Durden over the weekend. When I opened Bank Robber Joker I did not feel like I was getting into a mass market commercial consumer good, it felt like I was holding a one of a kind piece of art...while I knew that there were a ton of others out there it really felt like I had something that was one of a kind and that some "love" had gone into every aspect of the figure! I have not felt that as much lately with my recent Hot Toys purchases...even with figures that have blown me away like Batman V Superman Batman and Civil War Captain America...I definitely felt that LOVE when I opened up my Fight Club figure and I am literally down for whatever Blitzway announces next! Now someone needs to ridicule me by finding one of the fifty or so posts that I left on this thread the day that the first bad pictures of this figure got released!!!:rotfl

My collecting has died down over the years, but I felt exactly the same way after opening mine up. So glad people are finally realizing how great this figure is now that they are finally landing everywhere.

My collecting has died down over the years, but I felt exactly the same way after opening mine up. So glad people are finally realizing how great this figure is now that they are finally landing everywhere.

Right on!

Agreed with Jal. I too had to repent from my initial comments lol. Also, just a word of caution for those with the fur coat version- don't put the glasses on top of his head as displayed in some photos. The glasses will break. (As did mine lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first Hot Toys figure was Bank Robber Joker 1.0 when it was a brand new release and I will never forget the feeling of opening that box for the first time and seeing the figure embedded in foam as I scanned what appeared to be an infinite number of accessories. The figure had me at the box! I was right back there as I opened Tyler Durden over the weekend. When I opened Bank Robber Joker I did not feel like I was getting into a mass market commercial consumer good, it felt like I was holding a one of a kind piece of art...while I knew that there were a ton of others out there it really felt like I had something that was one of a kind and that some "love" had gone into every aspect of the figure! I have not felt that as much lately with my recent Hot Toys purchases...even with figures that have blown me away like Batman V Superman Batman and Civil War Captain America...I definitely felt that LOVE when I opened up my Fight Club figure and I am literally down for whatever Blitzway announces next! Now someone needs to ridicule me by finding one of the fifty or so posts that I left on this thread the day that the first bad pictures of this figure got released!!!:rotfl

I got into this hobby to late to get any DX figures at retail but I did get the two DX T2 figures from eBay and those boxes are incredible. Don't think it was a DX but the Christopher Reeve Superman has the best box I've seen with one of these figures. Just by itself it's a great display piece and as you said it does add to that feeling of having something special.

All Hot Toys seem to come in the stand shoe box design now. Good quality but just very samey and lacking that premium feel to match the figure inside.

I won't be getting this Tyler Durden figure but it's been great seeing all the overwhelmingly positive reviews it's had. Really heightens my excitement for the Ghostbusters figures later in the year, opening those boxes will be something special! If I had the willpower I wouldn't watch the unboxing videos before getting mine but I know I'm too weak to resist. :lol With the BVS HT figures I'd watched about so many unboxing/reviews there was nothing left to surprise me. It doesn't help that we have an extra two month wait in the UK after most of you guys get yours.

Bank Robber Joker 1.0 didn't come embedded in foam.:nana:

Last edited:
Bank Robber Joker 1.0 didn't come embedded in foam.:nana:

What do you want from me...? it was like seven years ago...I got married and had three children in between the time I bought that thing and now...:)

Today work was 15 hours.....of BS and headaches.....

But tomorrow is Tyler's day...
In all likelihood....he hates us.

Today work was 15 hours.....of BS and headaches.....

But tomorrow is Tyler's day...
In all likelihood....he hates us.

i hope it sells out tomorrow. would have saved you some big bucks for better things in life. like a shot at the brothels.

Ok , Here we go!!!!

Day stared out kinda bad.....dropped my SLR....so these are only crappy phone pics...but they will do for now.

Box and Presentation.

Over the years, it seems like Hot toys has gotten lazy with Presentation> Don't get me wrong, they do a few with decent boxing and artwork, but its been on a downward spiral for some time. Blitzway's presentation is stellar. The outer box is firm cardboard, the inside art box is strong and colorful. Inside the figure is secure and packed in foam. Each assessor y is packed individually and securely. Some might not care about this, but I always feel its part of the experience.

IMG_0486_jpeg002.jpg

IMG_0488_jpeg003.jpg

IMG_0490_jpeg004.jpg

(BTW I am going to break this up in a few post to save reposting the images for quotes.)

Sculpt and Paint

Blitzway and K.A Kim really made a great sculpt. They got ALOT of crap after those first pics, and it was totally unjustified. The sculpt is really great. It's not perfect, but it's 99%. If you take a pic under the wrong lighting you can get some odd results. You will hear people say how good this looks in hand, and its true. Its also true it's been one of the hardest figure for me to take pics of. Pitts face is pretty angular, so it throws shadows in the light. If you use a flash or bright lights straight on your going to get some very weird stuff. Its almost impossible to capture the paint job. Which is stellar. He has a "tanned" skin look, and alot of nice skin tone details. The hair is dark, but has some really awesome gold highlights, which again are hard to capture. As many have mentioned, the eyes are WAY to dark, but that a very small fault. The accessories fall a bit short on details, but it seems like this is a failing of many 1/6 figures. Pretty standard looking gun and beer bottles (which are even sort of under scaled). The golf ball are pretty much no details, but on the other side of things, the baseball bat and business cards are pretty nice. My main complaint would be the TOTAL lack of paintapps to the hands....which is a shame. They though enought to put the chemical burn on the hands.....but no detailed paint? Its a small thing, but it takes away from the total product.

IMG_0498.jpeg

IMG_0513.jpeg

IMG_0495.jpeg

Tailoring

Blitzway has got this DOWN. I have not seen tailoring like this on any other figure (save Jack Sparrow DX). When I took him out of the box, I was (and still am) blown away by this leather jacket , shirt and jogging pants. The stitching is incredible. But the textures of the fabrics is really the star here. The jogging pants are nylon and have that sound nylon makes! The leather smells like leather, and I am not even sure it IS leather...it sure seem like it real. The shirt patterns are a bit off from screen accurate, but they nailed the over sized collar and the fit is great.

IMG_0502.jpeg

Last edited:
Back