Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see how...when you compare an actual picture of Bill Murray to Snyderman's sculpt & blitzways. I understand how one would want the new sculpt to be superior...I did as well...but (disclaimer: for me) it just didn't come close. I just can't see it w/ the blitway sculpt. The Ray & Egon are great & the likeness is 95% there. Oh well...I'm done. ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

No worries. I can also understand how on the other hand, one would want to see the one they already have as being superior to the newer one. :duff

No worries. I can also understand how on the other hand, one would want to see the one they already have as being superior to the newer one. :duff
Not me...I wanted the new one to be...I wanted the ultimate Venkman...

Opinions being subjective and all, mine is that the BW has the best available Murray sculpt. Look at what that tweaked paint wash did earlier in this thread...spot on likeness and light years ahead of the available customs.

Still the best Venkman sculpt around...
48968f41fb7e6897685fab4b5e0502e1.jpg

This one looks a bit cartoony and caricatured compared to the Blitzways one.

Opinions being subjective and all, mine is that the BW has the best available Murray sculpt. Look at what that tweaked paint wash did earlier in this thread...spot on likeness and light years ahead of the available customs.
I wish I could see that...the pics are not available any longer.

had the chance to set them up today, they look absolutely great! they also eat up a lot of space as a set, makes me wonder how big (& epic) of a display will it be next to the ECTO.
Quick crappy pic
932d82db5c5f26b7351b11319131bc85.jpg

I've kinda retired from this hobby due to the escalating costs but find myself keeping an eye out on ebay for b/w headsculpts to hit so I can upgrade mine. Egon looks amazing! Is there anywhere else that might break these down to sell?

I sent my Venkman off to Chris Caraveo to touch up. Repainted the eyes and changed the positioning a bit (giving him more of a side look) darkened the eye brows and added a bit of hair in them. I think it vastly improved the likeness. The way Blitzway painted his eyes was one of the big problems I had with the sculpt. The tone was way too dark. Photo by Chris Caraveo

77bb4dc59acb20f8d69f1580a5fc77c0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good!

I loved my custom sculpts from Rocco and Snyderman, but I have to admit that these new ones were upgrades across the board when I did a side by side comparison. Size, features and detail, you name it. The production Blitzway Venkman sculpt is a bit too beefy, his expression isn't ideal, and the paintwork is a bit lackluster for a high end figure (applicable to all of these) as we've seen discussed. But still the best thing out there IMO.

Still the best Venkman sculpt around...
48968f41fb7e6897685fab4b5e0502e1.jpg

Sculpt looks less like him on yours.

Paint makes him look cartoony or like he has heavy foundation makeup on.

Sorry I think Blitzways is vastly superior.

If crapping on the Blitzway makes you feel justified by the money you spent on that custom, so be it, just don't expect us to agree.

Yeah, the Blitzway head hands down. Maybe its the lighting conditions but that custom doesn't look very good.

Paint makes him look cartoony or like he has heavy foundation makeup on.

Sorry I think Blitzways is vastly superior.

If crapping on the Blitzway makes you feel justified by the money you spent on that custom, so be it, just don't expect us to agree.

These are my thoughts as well.

There's of course nothing wrong with seeing more of Bill Murray in his or her sculpt, it's all subjective really and if he or she feels it's the superior sculpt then that's all that should matter because it's their collection. Opinion duly noted, but like you said, they shouldn't expect everyone else to agree with their opinion. However, if he or she genuinely feels their sculpt is superior, then why are they seemingly attempting to convince the rest of us that it's the superior sculpt by crapping on the BW one and suggesting that anyone who doesn't agree that their custom sculpt is superior doesn't know what Bill Murray looks like?

Sounds more like a case of attempting to convince themselves that their custom is the "superior" sculpt by hoping that everyone here would agree because they probably paid a lot of money for it. When that fails, then just resort to telling everyone here that they don't know what Bill Murray looks like.

I attempted to be diplomatic in the way I initially disagreed, but it seems like they want to go the route of suggesting that we all don't know what Bill Murray looks like when they didn't get the answer they wanted.

These are my thoughts as well.

There's of course nothing wrong with seeing more of Bill Murray in his or her sculpt, it's all subjective really and if he or she feels it's the superior sculpt then that's all that should matter because it's their collection. Opinion duly noted, but like you said, they shouldn't expect everyone else to agree with their opinion. However, if he or she genuinely feels their sculpt is superior, then why are they seemingly attempting to convince the rest of us that it's the superior sculpt by crapping on the BW one and suggesting that anyone who doesn't agree that their custom sculpt is superior doesn't know what Bill Murray looks like?

Sounds more like a case of attempting to convince themselves that their custom is the "superior" sculpt by hoping that everyone here would agree because they probably paid a lot of money for it. When that fails, then just resort to telling everyone here that they don't know what Bill Murray looks like.

I attempted to be diplomatic in the way I initially disagreed, but it seems like they want to go the route of suggesting that we all don't know what Bill Murray looks like when they didn't get the answer they wanted.
I'm out. Thanks 4 puting me in my place...I sorely needed it...I now see the agregious error of my ways...

Looks good!

I loved my custom sculpts from Rocco and Snyderman, but I have to admit that these new ones were upgrades across the board when I did a side by side comparison. Size, features and detail, you name it. The production Blitzway Venkman sculpt is a bit too beefy, his expression isn't ideal, and the paintwork is a bit lackluster for a high end figure (applicable to all of these) as we've seen discussed. But still the best thing out there IMO.

Thanks man! Yes totally agree. There’s been some great custom sculpts out there over the years. I had the Snyderman v1 and v2 Venkman. I’m with you in the overall aspect Kim’s sculpts are superior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got this set! I'm from chile so a very long trip for them. No QC issues, everything just perfect. Love this guys.... Now I feel I need the ecto 1,:(
ee401d41972901a10f6a444dee663fb8.jpg
d9a605c44d179620e2388b9190f83469.jpg

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Back