Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I7OeXxo.jpg

I apologize if this has already been answered, but how did you attach an "S" hook to the wand to hang the from the fob?

Looks like the second shipment has started to hit shores and stores now. Ray's just been shipped out from my UK supplier! bring on Monday/Tuesday! What a wait. Pre-ordered with Forbidden planet international back in the summer of 2016, order fell through September 2017, reordered with a new supplier in October 2017, to be delivered January 2018. :lol

Just FYI , Bluefin emailed me back...

Thy said they would process my replacements as soon as I sent them the UPC on the box....

Which is weird....cause the outer box does not really have one....

Send them pics of the outerbox and inner box just in case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next, you'll get an email from them saying they'll process your request for replacement parts, as soon as you tell them your mother's maiden name. After that, you'll get an email from them saying they'll process your request for replacement parts, as soon as you tell them what model cell phone you have. After that, you'll get an email from them saying they'll process your request for replacement parts, as soon as you tell them what the capital of Assyria is. :lol

Next, you'll get an email from them saying they'll process your request for replacement parts, as soon as you tell them your mother's maiden name. After that, you'll get an email from them saying they'll process your request for replacement parts, as soon as you tell them what model cell phone you have. After that, you'll get an email from them saying they'll process your request for replacement parts, as soon as you tell them what the capital of Assyria is. :lol

As long as they do not ask me if I like The Last Jedi.....

Got my Venkman the other day. Fantastic! Went a head and ordered Ray and Egon. Was going to get Winston with them but considering I have Hot Toys Doc Brown, Spider-Man Homecoming and etc coming too, figured I'd hold off on him until next month but knowing me, I'll get those three together and order him before that.

Blitzway Ghostbusters Peter Venkman (5) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr

Blitzway Ghostbusters Peter Venkman (8) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr

Blitzway Ghostbusters Peter Venkman (6) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr

Just FYI , Bluefin emailed me back...

Thy said they would process my replacements as soon as I sent them the UPC on the box....

Which is weird....cause the outer box does not really have one....

Send them pics of the outerbox and inner box just in case

Dude they made me send a picture of the Bluefin sticker on the shipper. I almost never evereverever save shippers, but damn, good thing I did.

Are the 4 packs sold out everywhere? BBTS really fooled me with their inventory levels before the price hike.

Are the 4 packs sold out everywhere? BBTS really fooled me with their inventory levels before the price hike.

Id watch Monkey Depot. They had two in stock yesterday. I bought one, then a couple of hours later another popped up.

Dude they made me send a picture of the Bluefin sticker on the shipper. I almost never evereverever save shippers, but damn, good thing I did.

Oh yeah...the wanted.
1. Invoice
2. Pictures of defects
3. Bluefin sticker
4. Outer box upc
5. My right Kidney

Oh yeah...the wanted.
1. Invoice
2. Pictures of defects
3. Bluefin sticker
4. Outer box upc

For me, they wanted all of that. After I gave them my Aussie address they said they wouldn't ship to Oz, so I sent them my mother's address in the States. Then they asked for my phone number. So, here's an updated list of what you actually need to send them.

1. Invoice
2. Pictures of defects
3. Bluefin sticker
4. UPC (The one on the sleeve of the box for the individual figure(s) in question if you purchased one of the packs.)
5. A North American address
6. Phone number

For me, they wanted all of that. After I gave them my Aussie address they said they wouldn't ship to Oz, so I sent them my mother's address in the States. Then they asked for my phone number. So, here's an updated list of what you actually need to send them.

1. Invoice
2. Pictures of defects
3. Bluefin sticker
4. UPC (The one on the sleeve of the box for the individual figure(s) in question if you purchased one of the packs.)
5. A North American address
6. Phone number

Like I said if you need an American Address you could use mine as well.

Well folks. *wipes brow* That was kind of like a religious experience.

My four-pack finally arrived. Gee whizz. GEE WHIZZ.

I don't need to go through particulars much because you guys have already covered that. I can simply reflect on the last few hours :p

My main worry now is that no other sixth scale collecting experience is ever going to match up. Four figs in one day? All childhood heroes? All great figures? Surely it's all downhill from here.

I was slimed. In my ... Okay, maybe that is not the ideal joke for a family forum. But geeze if I could hold on forever to that feeling of opening the box, and also of opening the first fig, Ray, for the first time ... It took me five hours just to look through and assemble everything. I needed a coffee break. I am exhausted!

I only had very minor issues. Winston had one extra relaxed hand. I contacted Popcultcha and I'm sure that will be fine. Egon's undershirt neck was REALLY stretched. It was stretched enough you could almost get both shoulders through. But futzing can cover that. There was a tiny spot of glue on one of Egon's pack lights? The fact I am even mentioning that in a four pack of figs with super detailed accessories, some of which light up and some of which have movable parts, is incredible. Ok so the hand guy was drunk, but the QC on the rest seems pretty good. I'd be surprised if I got four random Hot Toys with all those complex pieces and they were all issue free. Maybe I'll notice things later, but either I was very lucky or Blitzway just did a good job there. I do feel awful for people who have had issues, though! I wouldn't want anything to mar the sort of day I just had for anyone.

I was my childhood self today. Ray is my favourite. Venkman doesn't look bad at all close up. I do wish his eye colour was right, and that he had a less generic skin tone on the face, but ... the 'Bill Murray idiosyncrasies' of the face are all there on the sculpt. I think Egon's great? I was exhausted by the time I put that champ together. I was saving him for last because I am a big Egon fan but by that point I was bleary-eyed. Winston's red but whatever. Any complaints really seem like quibbles here. In essence, this is an amazing set that does everything it needs to do to put memorable, 'Ghostbusters of a lifetime', 'childhood dreams come true' figures on the shelves. They're each immediately recognisable as the Ghostbusters. They each have details that will make any fan doing a close inspection smile. And the good ones (Ray) are REALLY good. Ray is damn near as perfect as a sixth scale fig could be, to my eyes. I don't know the movie uniforms and belt arrangements inside out, but that Ray sculpt is phenomenal.

I'm not gonna dare close any of those waist snaps until I am certain I am not taking those packs off for a LONG time.

And oh man I LOVE those little cigarettes. I don't know why. I'm not a smoker myself. But they're really the cherry on the top when it comes to capturing the movie feel.

And Slimer is much better than I expected! Sure, he is an 'interpretation' of Slimer, but the translucency, the teeth ... he looks great! He is a fun accessory.

I am probably gushing too much. I will most likely come back tomorrow all cool and detached and cynical, saying, 'Well actually, this was wrong, and this was wrong, and there was that issue, and that issue ...' But this is what I am feeling like on unboxing day, and I wanted to remind you guys who have had them a month or two what unboxing day was like :p This is why we collect, folks.

BUSTIN' MAKES ME FEEL GOOD

I'll add to the pic hoard just to do my bit.

033.jpg

037.jpg

052.jpg

062.jpg

066.jpg

071.jpg

075.jpg

082.jpg

079.jpg

094.jpg

And thanks again, swo77, for that checklist. I went through it carefully while I was putting everything together.

These pics really make the figures look very very good- the face close-ups are very good- Ray is stunning. The whole set looks like it's worth buying!

@Rambler
I did it pretty much exactly how they did on the 1:1 scale prop. Bent some scale wire to the proper shape, then glued that underneath the Proton Wand. I still need to make a styrene "washer" to sort of finish off the look, and apply a coat of flat silver so the chrome wire isn't so apparent...but yeah once that's added the fob on Egon's belt accepts the s-hook no problem!

@Rambler
I did it pretty much exactly how they did on the 1:1 scale prop. Bent some scale wire to the proper shape, then glued that underneath the Proton Wand. I still need to make a styrene "washer" to sort of finish off the look, and apply a coat of flat silver so the chrome wire isn't so apparent...but yeah once that's added the fob on Egon's belt accepts the s-hook no problem!

Thats awesome. I may have to look into doing this.

Not quite a 10/10, but a very solid 9.

I would probably rate these 7/10.

Obviously I am still in the afterglow, but I'd say probably an 9, for the set?

For me Ray's a 10, Egon's a 9, Venkman is an 8 (maybe a 7 if I am being really nitpicky, but it's still very much Murray to me, so 8 in hand), and Winston's a 6. That averages out to an 8.25, but I feel like the accessories, the details, the light up packs, the opening traps, the proton beams, and Slimer all give it an extra point (or at least an extra part of a point, for rounding) that pushes it up to a 9. I mean, the cloth name tags on the boxes, even! The sign light up feature isn't much but the sign itself is a nifty bonus and fun for fans.

The police barricade is nice to have even if you don't use it for the Ghostbusters. I had no space so I put it behind BvS Batman, Wonder Woman, and Superman, and it looks good with them. I think they stand in front of police barricades in Justice League?

I apologize if this has already been answered, but how did you attach an "S" hook to the wand to hang the from the fob?
In that picture, a simple twisty tie from a figure was used to attach the wand. That'd be the easiest, quickest and modification-free route to go. If you wanted to go a more movie accurate route, you can find a limitless supply of little hooks and do-dads in the jewelry section at your local AC Moore. Michaels and Hobby lobby has that stuff as well, just not as much. As far as where you'd attach it to the wand, I'm not sure; but you'd probably have to glue it on. So a twisty tie (a thin, round black one instead of the whitish/clear ones) would be my perfered method.

Just got the postage notice for the three pack from Popcultcha. Should have them next week, can not wait for these guys.

A lot of Aussies here. I can still vividly recall the day I went to see Ghostbusters. I was on holiday with a friend and his family in Byron Bay. Can still remember walking to see it. Must have been pretty excited !

Back