Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have nothing to worry about. All the suits have some level of printed on (checkered pattern-like areas/small spots) dark weathering; which is exactly what you have. I'll be it, the area on yours is a bit more than most; but I can say that my Ray came with heavier and more spread out weathering than Peter. So basically, every single figure is unique in that reguard.

That was my thinking. Just some random pattern printed across a roll of cloth. So some will be more pronounced while others wont.

what an absurdly bizarre peg/joint situation on the arms. Completely no logic in that design whatsoever. It puts so much stress, weight and pressure on a thin brittle spot right beside a large hole. I suspect we will see more breaks.

Yikes. I was really hoping I wouldn't have to replace the bodies on these. Does anyone know what TTs match up to the various Blitzway bodies used?

It's such a tall body that I'm not sure we have many options. But it looks like a tall COO body would probably work so I'll have to try that until my replacement comes.

That's a goddamn nightmare. Such a shame how drooled over the line was to get his with so many QC issues.

Curious guys did any of your figures coveralls have stains like this? You can see it on different areas of both sides of the pants.

All of my four had that to some degree. I put all of my jumpsuits in a bath of warm water, basic laundry detergent and liquid fabric softener for about an hour to get out some of the wrinkles from being in the packages, and to soften the fabric a bit, and one of the fortunate side effects is the "weathering" was removed, or at least dramatically lightened. You could give that a try.

I never thought the likenesses on these guys was worthy of all the praise they were getting. Hopefully enough people bought them to motivate HT or EB or even Blitzway to do a better version. Venkman and Ray are so out there I can't imagine dropping the kind of money that's being asked for them, and Egon looks like he belongs in a Marvel comic book.

I never thought the likenesses on these guys was worthy of all the praise they were getting. Hopefully enough people bought them to motivate HT or EB or even Blitzway to do a better version. Venkman and Ray are so out there I can't imagine dropping the kind of money that's being asked for them, and Egon looks like he belongs in a Marvel comic book.

Ray looks good in every picture and video i've seen as do Egon and Winston when repainted the right colour :lol. The only slightly disappointing sculpt is Venkman but who's to say HT would have nailed it. A lot of their non DC and Marvel stuff has been disappointing of late, Doc and Marty for example. No doubt they'd have released them months or years apart to. Still can't wait to unbox mine.

It's such a tall body that I'm not sure we have many options. But it looks like a tall COO body would probably work so I'll have to try that until my replacement comes.

Thanks for the reply. Would be interested to see how it looks when you've swapped them.

Steven just sent this out.

Dear Ghostbusters Buyer:

If you are receiving this email, then you reported a Quality Control issue(s) with your recently shipped Blitzway Ghostbusters figure(s).

Please know that we are currently working to resolve your issue(s) with the distributor. We appreciate your patience as we sort this out.

In a two cases, we sent an email today to a couple of customers with an in-house solution that will not involve the distributor. Please reply to your respective emails and follow the instructions.

Again, we are terribly sorry for the inconvenience. Relative to the number of sets we shipped out, we have received very few complaints, but please understand that no manufacturing / packing process is perfect and mistakes do happen. The trick of it for the manufacturer, distributor, and retailer is take care of outstanding issues when they occur in a realistic and timely manner, and we have every reason to believe your issue(s) will be resolved soon.

Best Regards,

Steven Allen

Ray looks good in every picture and video i've seen as do Egon and Winston when repainted the right colour :lol. The only slightly disappointing sculpt is Venkman but who's to say HT would have nailed it. A lot of their non DC and Marvel stuff has been disappointing of late, Doc and Marty for example. No doubt they'd have released them months or years apart to. Still can't wait to unbox mine.

My sentiments as well.

I expected a QC nightmare actually being the complexity of the packs and all the stuff that come with them...

So far I am surprised that packs were not more screwed up....

Belt buckle I can live with...broken joints not so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm starting to think the Venkman likeness is the best one, it's the paint job which lets it down, and especially the eyes, which are cold and dead and the wrong colour. He's also a little full in the face, as is Ray, for 1984. Egon is a great likeness but the expression is a problem, he's sneering, which he hardly ever did in the movie. Would HT have done better? NO. No way would HT have done better likenesses and the paint would have been too brown (at least their colouring is caucasian). The only one that doesn't work for me is Winston, even with the fact that the others have bouffant hair his head still looks too small to the point where he almost looks like he's in the wrong scale.

I fully expected to spend the most time with Venkmen but I've found i cant stop futzing with Ray. So far he's the only one i've bothered to unbox and leave out.

Well here's my attempt to lighten up the skin tone on Venkman. I didn't do a full repaint or anything, just added a few extra thin washes of paint. And then I reddened his nose, cheeks and ears and gave him some 5-oclock shadow. I did end up repainting the eyes though, since I wanted to try giving him a hint of an expression with that bored/exasperated look he often had in the movie. I also darkened the hair and made the eyebrows a little thicker.

And since my figure had a little issue with a broken arm, I had to put him on a COO body I had lying around. I think I was able to make it work ok (and the body does at least give him a longer looking neck), but given the slightly larger scale of these figures I think it probably needs the wider shoulders and buffer body that BW used.

And he's not really that shiny; I just had the light on him a little too close. :p

20171221_194644 (586x800).jpg

20171221_194453 (513x800).jpg

20171221_201137 (506x800).jpg

20171221_201126 (498x800).jpg

20171221_201102 (552x1000).jpg

Someone's gonna make a killing doing Venkman repaints and I may be one of the first to sign up.

Great work Dave.:clap :wink1:

Back