Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of curiosity, how is everyone else attaching the packs to the figures? I faced the arms backward and then squeezed them through the shoulder straps and slid both straps at the same time up the arms and over the shoulders.

I just undid the clip on the left side of the pack, slide the right arm through the right strap and re-buckled the left. Then buckled the belt.

Cool review, SP. :clap

My sentiments regarding batteries and the stands are the same. It's cool they light up, but the only reason I really would turn them on is just to show someone else that they light up. Not worth it in that case to me to put batteries in just for that reason and potentially have them leak in the compartment. I also didn't lay one finger on the stands when assembling mine and immediately put them on oval base stands. :lol

I think it was Clipper King that recommended to slide the left arm through one side then take the right hand off and then slide that arm through. I’ve been doing it and it’s worked well.

I just undid the clip on the left side of the pack, slide the right arm through the right strap and re-buckled the left. Then buckled the belt.

Ah ok, sounds like people are doing different methods then. As I mentioned, I just angled both arms backward and squeezed them through the straps and simply slid the straps up and over the shoulders. Hands were still on the arms when I did it.

The order of what I did when putting mine together was I first put on the hands I wanted, then I unfastened and adjusted the length of the belt (some were too tight) and rearranged the placement of the accessories on them, then did futzing to the outfit, then put the pack on, then posed, then did final minor futzes.

I picked up my individual Peter, Ray and Egon yesterday (not the Dr. Pack). I never had this many 1/6 figures at the same time and feel that it can be overwhelming rushing through each one. I have decided to open my Peter, open Ray in a week or so and Leave Egon for Christmas. This way I can marinate with each individual figure and give it it’s time. Also I feel that I’m slowly stepping back from 1/6 collecting and I want to celebrate time with each one “milk it". My only preorder is Hoth Leia in 2018. Nothing else I feel is worth the money anymore.

People have been saying that Peter is the weakest resemblance of the four. That’s good news for me as I am a “Awwww” at this piece, theres feeling stirring in me from my early days of 1/6 collecting looking at this figure in amazement. Side note, I have the Mattel 12” figures and one thing I can say is for a $60 figure Mattel did a fantastic job with the Proton Packs! You really can’t point out which is better!!!

Venkmen's likeness is there, it's just the paint. Same goes for Winston.

I think Egon's paint survived the drop in quality. I think it's pretty close to what was originally shown.

I'd rank them.

Egon
Ray
Venkmen

Winston

People are right that the Venkman sculpt is much better in hand than what it tends to come across in most photos, even though I thought even in photos it was really good. However, I'd still rank it third out of the three I received thus far. I'd actually go with Ray first and Egon second, but it's close. Both are really strong sculpts. I actually think the production Egon sculpt is better than the prototype, as the shape of his head isn't as squarish.

I initially put Ray's goggles on, but decided I didn't want to risk paint transfer between the goggles and the hair. Plus, I also think the goggles sort of obfuscate what is otherwise a really good sculpt. I ended up just hanging them on the right side of his belt, the way he had them during the Gozer encounter.

I was actually contemplating using a very piece of, thin white foam; the same you usually see used for the thin white foam sheets that cover the keyboards of laptops when you shut the lid. You also sometimes see a strip of it in HT boxes against the plastic where the head it to protect the forehead of the sculpt of the figure. However, as classic as they (the goggles) are and look while worn, I felt they sort of hid the sculpt a bit so I just decided to base their group look on how they looked during the Gozer encounter, which meant also removing the walkie talkies.

I’ll go out on a limb and say the Venkman head is poor. Both sculpt and paint. Bad likeness, skin too smooth, wrong hair...no way to sugar coat it.

The rest are very good including Winston who suffers from a pea head and skin 2x too dark.

I’ll go out on a limb and say the Venkman head is poor. Both sculpt and paint. Bad likeness, skin too smooth, wrong hair...no way to sugar coat it.

The rest are very good including Winston who suffers from a pea head and skin 2x too dark.

That’s a really long limb. A poor head in my opinion is if you look at the sculpt and cannot recognize who it is supposed to be or mistaken it for someone else. Obviously you can tell by the shape hair and pore details on his skin the aim is Murray. It’s probably the one sculpt you wanted them to nail, thus coming through with your extreme disappoint. Which is perfectly fine. The sculpt while everyone agrees could be improved, is not poor.

Is anyone considering getting Venkman repainted? It did wonders for Winston and really brought out the quality of the sculpt underneath. Hard to tell if its the paint app or the sculpt itself that holds the likeness back though, with Winston it was obvious.

Is anyone considering getting Venkman repainted? It did wonders for Winston and really brought out the quality of the sculpt underneath. Hard to tell if its the paint app or the sculpt itself that holds the likeness back though, with Winston it was obvious.

To me the Venkman sculpt lost the pronounced pores and wrinkle detail in the mass casting process and that what is weakening him. A repaint may get a rid of the bit of the characature his paint has.

That’s a really long limb. A poor head in my opinion is if you look at the sculpt and cannot recognize who it is supposed to be or mistaken it for someone else. Obviously you can tell by the shape hair and pore details on his skin the aim is Murray. It’s probably the one sculpt you wanted them to nail, thus coming through with your extreme disappoint. Which is perfectly fine. The sculpt while everyone agrees could be improved, is not poor.

:exactly:

That's how I feel as well. If you hold up a sculpt without being on the body and can't tell who it is, then I think it's a bad sculpt. Even without being on the body, if one were to show me this sculpt by itself, I'd still be able to tell it's Murray. I don't really see anyone else in it. It's just missing a few minor discernible details that Murray has.

By the way, has anyone been able to bend the knees on these and get them to crouch at all? The ankle joint doesn't seem to move up and down very easily, if at all, so it sort of prevents you from being able to crouch them at all in sort of a ready stance.

I think the Venkmen sculpt is fine, if it was just painted better. I don't know why they gave him dark eyes when Bill's are blue.

To me the Venkman sculpt lost the pronounced pores and wrinkle detail in the mass casting process and that what is weakening him. A repaint may get a rid of the bit of the characature his paint has.

That's what I was thinking, sharpen things up, fix the eye colour and he could look as good as Ray and Egon.

The only riddle is how would you replace the female connector? The strap is looped around it and then stitched together so it doesn't come unlooped. You'd have to cut the stitching to get it off, replace it, and either leave the strap unstitched or just glue it together.

Yeah that's my thoughts as well. They really potato'd us with such cheap plastic.

Definitely, extremely flimsy. My Spengler is connected with just one male insert because the slit in the female connection is too thin on one side and my Ray is the same, with a slightly broken female connector because it required surgery to create a slit all together of any size. Both at least connect though and seem to hold fine. I mean it is possible to replace both connectors to something of better quality one day if ever needs be, it'd just require the severing of that thread on the female side.

Back