Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ghostbusters are not properly futzed, I won't be doing that until I get batteries in for the proton packs. This is just a rough pic to show scale next to the diamond select terror dogs. Not great, but not bad if you cheat and put them up on a stone pedestal imo.
b019f38783fdeedbfe03659d674d5106.jpg

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Just waiting for Winston (likely next week), and then they can all aim for the flat top:

image.jpg

Took me about six hours today to assemble all three. I got them all as balls on accurate as I could as far as how each looked during the last encounter with Gozer, based on various screen shots. From the placement of the catheter hoses, to the position of the utility belt, to how the accessories on the utility belt are arranged. It wasn't as nerve wracking as I thought it would be. The first one I assembled was, but as soon as I figured out how to do it, the others were pretty simple. Yes, the parts are fragile, but they honestly don't feel like they will break unless you force them to do something they aren't able to do. The only parts on these figures that I think are fragile as ****, even if you make it do what it's supposed to do, are the small buckles for the cross belt of the packs.

Venkman's was fine, but still felt extremely fragile. The slot in the female insert on Spengler's was extremely thin and the inserts on the male connection weren't able to fit, so it required me having to take an exacto knife and trying to scrape some room for them to fit. I was only able to get one side wide enough to fit, so it resulted in me just breaking off one of the inserts on the male connection and just sliding it in using the remaining one. Still sits fine:

image.jpg

Ray's female buckle had absolutely no insert slot at all, so I had to take the exacto knife again and try and cut an entirely new slot. Was able to do so, but it resulted in breaking off a slight piece of the corner of the buckle. I ended up basically doing the same thing as I did with Spengler's (sans breaking one of the male inserts off) and just slid one male insert into the female connection. Seems to hold just fine as well:

image.jpeg

Worst case scenario for either, I'd probably just cut a very thin little strip of electrical tape or something and just tape them together. As fragile as those buckles are, I'm just glad I was able to get them to connect together at least in some capacity and sit fine. I don't have either of them pulled taut, so there isn't any pressure on them.

Other than that, everything else about them is pretty much blemish free.

ec968ca94b2278e3daea0409a00b136b.jpg

a4df9a5d34d4dcd3005d3e529ef8d4db.jpg

Love him. The other two doctors arrive this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Finally got mine all out and setup. No QC issues but i did break part of the male connector on winstons pack (he was the 1st one i setup) I left the rest unconnected since i will be messing with them for awhile until i get the poses i want.

Do the supplied stands allow for the figures to bend their knees to get a crouching pose, or do they keep the figures straight legged?
Cheers!

I can't seem to get a crouched pose even on the generic oval base crotch grabber stands.

These figures really did turn out well though. There is so much detail in them all over the place; probably the most detailed figures in my collection, just due to the amount of gear they have.

Out of curiosity, how is everyone else attaching the packs to the figures? I faced the arms backward and then squeezed them through the shoulder straps and slid both straps at the same time up the arms and over the shoulders.

I can't seem to get a crouched pose even on the generic oval base crotch grabber stands.

These figures really did turn out well though. There is so much detail in them all over the place; probably the most detailed figures in my collection, just due to the amount of gear they have.

Out of curiosity, how is everyone else attaching the packs to the figures? I faced the arms backward and then squeezed them through the shoulder straps and slid both straps at the same time up the arms and over the shoulders.

I think it was Clipper King that recommended to slide the left arm through one side then take the right hand off and then slide that arm through. I’ve been doing it and it’s worked well.

Can’t get peters proton wand to stay on the pack...anyone got any tips? Winston’s stays fine, haven’t tried the rest yet

Thanks SilverStar. Enjoy the figures! Looking forward to them.[emoji868]

Can’t get peters proton wand to stay on the pack...anyone got any tips? Winston’s stays fine, haven’t tried the rest yet

I wasn’t able to get Winston’s to stay in for some reason. Everyone else’s stayed fine. Not sure what I have to do either.

Back