Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a couple pics of my Venkman. Haven't done much yet, but I did pull out the neck plug so I could slide the head up a bit higher and give him that longer neck he really needs (and thankfully the black shirt still seems to cover everything). And I padded his midsection as well. And after rewatching the movie I tried to copy his posture with the shoulders sloped down and pushed forward as much as possible.

I still need to lighten the eyes though, since they're way too freakin dark at the moment. And I want to try the water treatment on the outfit as well, to make it a bit more loose and wrinkly.

And since he didn't come with a trap, I borrowed the Mattel one I had. :)

View attachment 381845

View attachment 381846

That looks really good! Nice to see some people making movie accurate alterations to the belt as well. :clap

Just a couple pics of my Venkman. Haven't done much yet, but I did pull out the neck plug so I could slide the head up a bit higher and give him that longer neck he really needs (and thankfully the black shirt still seems to cover everything). And I padded his midsection as well. And after rewatching the movie I tried to copy his posture with the shoulders sloped down and pushed forward as much as possible.

I still need to lighten the eyes though, since they're way too freakin dark at the moment. And I want to try the water treatment on the outfit as well, to make it a bit more loose and wrinkly.

View attachment 381845

View attachment 381846
Looks so good! Can you elaborate on what you mean by pulling out the neck plug? Also, what did you use to keep the cigarette in his mouth? I’ve seen other people say they use putty or something.

View attachment 381845

View attachment 381846

How did you get cigarette in....photoshop?

Looks so good! Can you elaborate on what you mean by pulling out the neck plug? Also, what did you use to keep the cigarette in his mouth? I’ve seen other people say they use putty or something.

It's just the rubber piece they put in the head that attaches to the body. Once you pull it out you can slide the head up a bit more.

And for the cigarette I just used a bit of museum wax I had. It doesn't look like it should, but it holds on surprisingly well.

81S2lcLE1EL._SY463_.jpg

Well FedEx dropped the ball...again. Tracking showed a third expected delivery date again of today for my 3-pack from BBTS, with it showing even being out on a truck for delivery, but now delivery date status changed back to "Pending" again. In other words "not sure". The only thing I'm not sure of is why they apparently refuse to deliver it. :lol

Will wait to see if it shows up on Monday before they get a call asking why they apparently want to hold onto it and wtf they're doing. And just to think that after I finally pry this from their clutches, I'll probably have to haggle with them about my single Winston also.

Well FedEx dropped the ball...again. Tracking showed a third expected delivery date again of today for my 3-pack from BBTS, with it showing even being out on a truck for delivery, but now delivery date status changed back to "Pending" again. In other words "not sure". The only thing I'm not sure of is why they apparently refuse to deliver it. :lol

Will wait to see if it shows up on Monday before they get a call asking why they apparently want to hold onto it and wtf they're doing. And just to think that after I finally pry this from their clutches, I'll probably have to haggle with them about my single Winston also.

That blows. Sounds like you're having the same "lucky" streak I am. Mine were suppose to ship yesterday but it never happened. Assuming Monday now but you never know.

That blows. Sounds like you're having the same "lucky" streak I am. Mine were suppose to ship yesterday but it never happened. Assuming Monday now but you never know.

No kidding. I want my GB. Snake P went through the same thing with UPS earlier in the week.

I'll give them some leeway though. For one, it is the holidays. Two, it was scheduled for delivery Thursday, but tracking showed it still on the road so I knew it wouldn't happen then. Early yesterday morning it arrived to a hub about 16 miles away and just stayed at that status, but showed a scheduled delivery date of yesterday. This morning it showed the status was on truck for delivery from that hub and a delivery date of today, but I read that sometimes even though the system updates to "on truck for delivery" over the weekend, it means you'll likely get it on Monday. I doubt the package was marked for a Saturday delivery, so I'm somewhat not surprised. If it doesn't arrive Monday, I'll be concerned.

Received a 10 day notice from BBTS on the 24th and still waiting on them to process my order. :gah:

My overall view of the figures is they're very good, sculpts are great even. Peter has more of a GB2 face than the original but that's not a big deal. The hands pop in and out easily with no breakage issues(thank god). There are some issues. A tiny piece of Peter's pack was off in the package when I opened it(it kinda looked like a screwdriver. In fact, I thought it WAS one until I opened Egon and saw it intact on his pack). But it was barely noticeable. Also, Peter's proton stream didn't go on as easily as Egon's did. Egon was fine but I did have a minor issue with the glasses and getting them adjusted. They don't really sit behind his ears properly on mine and seem more like they're being held on by his nose somehow. My biggest quibble is those stands. WTF were those about? It took me longer to put that first stand together than to do anything with the actual figures. The second stand was quicker as I got the gist of it but still, that was needlessly complicated compared to every other figure stand on the market. I'm probably gonna go fidget with them some more shortly. They're worth it but yeah, be careful with them.

I take that back, I received my 3-pack about 45 mins ago. Did a cursory inspection and all for the most part look good. No glaring paint defects on the sculpts, no stains on suit, no overly loose joints (Ray's left arm is slightly loose, but nothing drastic), no broken wands, no broken proton pack waist buckles, no duplicate hands (I think), trap looks and functions fine. The only thing is the female end of the PP waist buckle for Ray looks to have some excess glue in the slit, preventing the male end from inserting. I think you could probably get an exacto knife though and bore it out to create a slit. I'll start working on them tomorrow.

What's the safest way people have been putting the packs on the figures with the shoulder straps?

SUCH an amazing set of figures. So far, my defects have been a pinched/cut wire in Egon's proton pack. Also have a spring in Egon's left shoulder preventing the arm from resting all the way on his side. Thankfully I was able to pull apart the pack and solder the wires back together to get the power cell's blue light flashing again. I nearly died when I put in the batteries for the first time, and all I had was the red cyclotron lights. :gah:

Also, check this out. Ray's name patch was stitched on upside down. I'm waiting to see if the vendor will help make this right. Otherwise, I'm going to have to try fixing this too.

Love the set, though! No regrets in buying these at all. I love em so much I went ahead and pulled the trigger on pre-ordering Ecto-1.

Ray.jpg

Last edited:
Back