Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah center spot all four....

Another Freak gave me the idea of doin the elevator scene....so we shall try that first....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sure to post pics here once you've got it set up!

For mine they make the figures look more toy like and take away from the actual sculpt detail. Also I have mine in a detolf and the wands are too long to fit, your figure would need to be pushed right to the back of the detolf

Are you talking about the figures simply holding just the wands without the stream attachment, or with the proton stream attachments in them?

Has Winston been improved from the first sets that were sent out? Though still too dark he looks distinctly less red than the figure I Am Toys reviewed before getting him repainted.

In hand I don't really see the red issue I saw in early pics, he is just a bit too dark. He looks much better than I was expecting.

In hand I don't really see the red issue I saw in early pics, he is just a bit too dark. He looks much better than I was expecting.

Still not impressed with the sculpt, it's accurate but like stormtrooper Finn it just feels a bit of a caricature of a black man. Not crying racism or anything, just that to me Ernie/ Winston is calm, urbane and brave. The sculpt makes him look panicky.

I'm wondering if I need Winston at all. I like the character a lot but he's kind of pointless in relation to the story. Venkman already fills the role of Everyman in my opinion.

Just got my Spengler and Stanz and they are amazing. Still waiting on Winston and Venkman to arrive Friday.

According to FedEx tracking, I'm scheduled to receive my 3-pack tomorrow. Wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being Friday though. And BBTS sent a processing email and deducted the payment yesterday for Winston, so I'm just waiting for a ship notification for him. I expect I'll probably receive him next week.

I literally don't even know where to start once I open the box. :lol After reading the manual (although I already feel like I know what I need to look out for based on this thread and watching reviews), I suppose I'll probably just do one at a time as far as futzing and rearranging the accessories on the belt and futzing the catheter hose, and then just put the proton pack on and pose.

Has Winston been improved from the first sets that were sent out? Though still too dark he looks distinctly less red than the figure I Am Toys reviewed before getting him repainted.

Literally every in hand picture I've seen of him, I don't really see the reddish tint. Slightly too dark, yes, but the only pics where he really had a reddish tint were those early ToyArk pics.

Based on the in hand pictures I've seen of him, his likeness could definitely be enhanced with a repaint, but I don't think it's utterly necessary.

Just got mine! Along with a $40 coupon code from Timewalker. What amazing customer service...once I use up my Sideshow RPs, I'm going to buy almost exclusively from Timewalker.

Quite satisfying to finally get around to picking up that gigantic box from the nearby UPS Access Point...now the countdown to Christmas begins!

Are you talking about the figures simply holding just the wands without the stream attachment, or with the proton stream attachments in them?
I think they're talking about using the gloved hands - which they'd have on if holding the proton want. I got my Venkman today from Timewalker and.....damn! I just took a peek at the figure and I'm blown away! I'm really concidering getting Ray now. I just found out about the three new Michelle Phiffer Catwoman figures and the Acplay head is pretty damn good. Might have to upgrade my Kumik one for this new one. Nearly $300 Ray or $135 Catwoman? Hmmm, decisions decisions.

Quite satisfying to finally get around to picking up that gigantic box from the nearby UPS Access Point...now the countdown to Christmas begins!

Only 18 days before we get to unbox them. :lol

Just got mine! Along with a $40 coupon code from Timewalker. What amazing customer service...once I use up my Sideshow RPs, I'm going to buy almost exclusively from Timewalker.

Getting my Doc Pk tomorrow from TW, hope I get a coupon code too.

I think they're talking about using the gloved hands - which they'd have on if holding the proton want. I got my Venkman today from Timewalker and.....damn! I just took a peek at the figure and I'm blown away! I'm really concidering getting Ray now. I just found out about the three new Michelle Phiffer Catwoman figures and the Acplay head is pretty damn good. Might have to upgrade my Kumik one for this new one. Nearly $300 Ray or $135 Catwoman? Hmmm, decisions decisions.

I actually think he's referring to the proton stream attachments not fitting in a detolf.

What I was asking is why not many people seem to be posing their figures holding the wands, proton steam attachment or not. Are the wands that fragile to the point where people are afraid to try and wiggle them into the figures' hands, lest potentially breaking them?

Where was your $40 coupon, on the outside of the box? I received my 4 pack but have not opened it yet and saw no coupon on my box so I am curious where you coupon was.

The expression on the Venkman sculpt actually matches that scene quite well.

We've now got hypnotized GB2 talk show Venkman and elevator stare Venkman nailed. I'm starting a list.:lol

Just my luck that the only figure I ordered, Venkman, went from being the strongest sculpt in the group in my opinion, to now being the weakest. :slap

Yeah, I'm in the same boat but a couple of recent pics made me feel better (I think it was Tom Day's,) and also I ordered Ray - which is a superb likeness - to hopefully raise Venkman (with walkie-talkie in front of mouth) up a notch with them side-by-side.

Back