Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every time I look at the belt clasps for these figures, I wish they actually went the 12" GIJOE route and employed the same technique for clasps that were similar to the belts on these GB figures:

gijoe-actinsoldierblack3.JPG

7401f3cabb812e9a512270e966f26eab.jpg

I recall having GIJOE figures when I was a kid that had belts with similar looking clasps, and what I remember is one metal side of the clasp had a metal hook that basically just simply hooked around the other metal side of the clasp. It felt sturdy and didn't come undone easily. When I look at the belt clasps for these GB figures, I can't help but be reminded of those GIJOE belts that had similar clasps and how they clasped and unclasped with ease.
I've got a 1/6 scale pistol belt on my custom figures, and it has that kind of clasp, and looks and works great. Not sure why Blitzway tried to re-invent the wheel here.

I got Winston from AE today. The one GB I passed on at first since I ordered the three pack from Popcultcha. Once I got the notice they weren't shipping until about February I broke down and got Winston. He's great except for the red tone but it's not near as bad as it looks in most pics. Plus I got a GB to test out my stands. :D

View attachment 381214
View attachment 381216

Great job, stand looks good!

I've got a 1/6 scale pistol belt on my custom figures, and it has that kind of clasp, and looks and works great. Not sure why Blitzway tried to re-invent the wheel here.

Yeah I know, it's a bit baffling. The minute I saw the belts and the type of clasp they have, that technique that I mentioned that GIJOEs use and that your custom figures have, immediately came to mind. Not sure why it slipped BW's.

How are you planning to display them in your Detolfs, all 4 on one shelf or are you splitting them up?

Yeah center spot all four....

Another Freak gave me the idea of doin the elevator scene....so we shall try that first....

Somehow will have to get Winston in on that with slimer and the sign...

But this is the general idea
9fdd4e390ca09ccccdbcfac088eec37f.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got Winston from AE today. The one GB I passed on at first since I ordered the three pack from Popcultcha. Once I got the notice they weren't shipping until about February I broke down and got Winston. He's great except for the red tone but it's not near as bad as it looks in most pics. Plus I got a GB to test out my stands. :D

View attachment 381214
View attachment 381216
Love the stands. Would be cool if you could do a removable slime overlay with drip.

I'll hold you to that :)

More and more it's looking like I'm gonna go ahead and get them and not wait to see if someone does gb2 versions. Now i'm conflicted about who to get first: Ray or Winston? Obviously Ray works to go with Egon and Peter but...there's a certain appeal about getting Winston first. Imagine, you have 3 ghostbusters displayed...and no Ray. That's at least a 10 minute discussion with anybody who sees them lol. Could be fun. And it could make me more creative with my display too. But oh, the appeal of having the original three with various setups. Hard to decide. Hope I can afford to get both before they're all sold out everywhere.

I agree that it's unlikely BW will make GB2 figures but one thing that makes these characters attractive to any company is the fact that they only have to do individual tooling for the heads; apart from that they can tool most things once for four figures and even make economies of scale on stuff like fabric. So I don't think it's impossible we'll see more GB figures from any source, including BW.

I should of had this Monday, but UPS never delivered it. They're so behind with packages and I requested it to be held there... I'm not getting it until tomorrow.

**** UPS. This has got to be the biggest ****ing hunt I've ever had trying to get something I've ordered.

I notice many people leaving the wands on the pack. Are the wands that fragile to where it's advised not to try and stick it in any of their hands to hold it? :lol

Has Winston been improved from the first sets that were sent out? Though still too dark he looks distinctly less red than the figure I Am Toys reviewed before getting him repainted.

Has Winston been improved from the first sets that were sent out? Though still too dark he looks distinctly less red than the figure I Am Toys reviewed before getting him repainted.

He's got a red tint to him but not as much as many of the pics have shown him to have. In hand it's less red but still will benefit from a repaint.

I notice many people leaving the wands on the pack. Are the wands that fragile to where it's advised not to try and stick it in any of their hands to hold it? :lol

For mine they make the figures look more toy like and take away from the actual sculpt detail. Also I have mine in a detolf and the wands are too long to fit, your figure would need to be pushed right to the back of the detolf

Back