Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

I just can’t look beyond the poor sculpts. For me a good head sculpt is essential.

I just can’t look beyond the poor sculpts. For me a good head sculpt is essential.

:exactly: I don't recall Egon wearing a black helmet in any scenes in Ghostbusters.

Same here. I mean I wouldn't say they're horrible, but the BW figures do supersede them. The belts and the items on them look a little chintzy as well; not so much the walkie talkie, but that attachment on the right side does. The packs, suits and tailoring do look pretty good though.

As for the Ecto...my friend has a Batmobile (mine comes in tomorrow) and I just got a Delorean in. It is certainly not as small as the comparison pics.

I will put up a pic of them together once my batmobile is in.

Oh man, you'd have fun in there. It's addictive. But definitely mean-spirited I guess.

Yeah, I'd best stay out of there. :lol

I found those Soldier Story recasts on US Ebay. They don't show up on UK Ebay, and you can't even search for them there by copying the item descriptions or numbers (though they are available for posting to the UK):

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

How did they get these? 'Borrow' the figures from a show?

That SS Egon sculpt still looks really good to me, and better than the Blitzway. The Venkman though just doesn't work at all.

Soldier Story Ghostbusters thread is getting no love.

I found those Soldier Story recasts on US Ebay. They don't show up on UK Ebay, and you can't even search for them there by copying the item descriptions or numbers (though they are available for posting to the UK):

How did they get these? 'Borrow' the figures from a show?

I would wager that the fact they've been delayed and these unpainted heads are on eBay are related.

My guess is that Soldier Story got into some disagreement with a factory and switched facilities, and now Factory A has a bunch of unpainted heads and no figures to put them on, so they just offload them on eBay.

Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

Oh man, you'd have fun in there. It's addictive. But definitely mean-spirited I guess.

Mean spirited? No it’s not you jerk[emoji126]!

[emoji6]

Those SS sculpts are bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They weren't borrowed same as Sideshow they were probably cast as soon as PO went up because I found these 2 weeks after the PO they also offer them painted.
But the paint apps were poor.

These are finally coming from BBTS in the next week or so. The faces look a little wide in some of the shots, but hopefully it's the photos, If I am blown away by them I'll break down and order an Ecto-1 (which will run more than twice what I paid for my first car). A little bummed they're larger scale but don't plan to display them beside the HT figs so not a big deal.

EE website now says "Coming in January"!! Oh well I ordered my Egon from BBTS (which I received 10 days notice) , so I can appreciate the one for now before EE sends me my Ray & Peter. Im OK with that!!

I think the SS Venkmen has the more accurate hair. That's about it.

Back