Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

I personally don't particularly care which way they cycle, no. But on the same hand I always appreciate attention to detail, and I'm sure most other people do too.

So, bravo for your efforts and getting through to them :clap

So, here is his reply:

"Oh, thanks for your explanation.
As the real cyclotron goes arround counter clockwise, we have decided counter clockwise.
We will check again and correct it.
We owe you.
Thanks

The link you posted over, we also captured it frame by frame, and found it.
And the other is when they got slimer in the reception hall.
Thanks fir your help anyway."

Not 100% sure, since there's obviously a bit of translation going on here, but it sounds like they're content with all four cyclotrons cycling counter-clockwise from his first sentence. Then, his second sentence, "We will check again and correct it" sounds like they would be changing something? If they had already decided counter-clockwise for all four I don't think they would have to change anything. I imagine they're probably going with all counter-clockwise due to quicker turn around in the factories with not having to worry about assembling two different versions.

Sounds like they're content with using the counter-clockwise that they had already decided on, even though the counter-clockwise packs are the exception to the rule of the standard clockwise packs used in every other instance. I'm just preparing myself to have to fix these when I get them.

Also, I'm sure a vast majority of people probably don't care about this one way or the other, but, being a 30 year fan of one of the greatest props in movie history, it's a detail that I would like to see translated properly to sixth scale.
If you'd asked me without me reading your comments I would have said without doubt that they should be clockwise. As you found they do seem to switch between cw and ccw, I wonder if they could randomise them when they switch on? At least they do cycle though it would have looked a bit weird static.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

I personally don't particularly care which way they cycle, no. But on the same hand I always appreciate attention to detail, and I'm sure most other people do too.

So, bravo for your efforts and getting through to them :clap

Yeah, I had no idea about the lights, and agree about not caring a whole lot about them cycling in the right direction, but yup... I do love that there are people who know this stuff.:clap

So the proton packs will light up? I wasn't sure

Yeah. They were unfinished prototypes, and the lights were simply static, but it's been confirmed that they will be animated on the finished figures.

Awesome! Thanks guys, I saw the early pics of the light up feature but then the official pre order images didn't show it and there wasn't any mention in the description. I'm extra glad I ordered the set!

:yess:

Any knowledge on whether or not the blue power cell light strip blinks also? Obviously not a big deal at all if it doesn't, but obviously even cooler if it does.

activelight.gif

Regarding the power cell lights, I got this reply.

"For the power cell, we have to check it due to its size.
There are 14 lights inside the power cell, and we have to check how many lights can be put in there.
Thanks"

I doubt they'll be able to scale down the animated power cell perfectly. As he said, there are several lights (I believe there are actually fifteen individual lights on the 1:1s, but my memory may be faulty), so it may be hard to fit them all in. They may be able to pull it off with fiber optic filament, but I think it's far more likely they're gonna end up compromising with fewer LEDs and a less fluid animation. I do appreciate the fact that they're putting in the effort.

There will be only so far they're willing or even can go without bumping the price way up.

However, I bet modders would be interested in looking into some more of your screen-accurate suggestions once we have these figures in hand. I know I will be.

I'll definitely be doing a few mods on the packs on mine. All of the packs were pretty individual if you actually examine them. They weren't all carbon copies. I already see myself doing some alterations to the lights, and I don't think I'll be able to keep myself from adding the little variations that made each pack unique.

The power cell should at minimum have a working static light as the blitzway website says it has working power cell light.

I do love minute details, but when it comes to 1/6 scale figures, I'm actually just happy the packs even light up at all and the cyclotron lights are going to cycle. Regardless of which direction they cycle, that's a pretty awesome detail to me. Same with the blue power cell light; if BW is able to get it to blink, then all the greater. If not, that's cool too. I'm just happy we're getting these figures.

However, it is good to know though that BW is at least putting in the effort to consider all of these details and are seeing what they can do. However, at $224 a figure as opposed to what many initially thought they'd be, the cyclotron lights not cycling in the right direction or the blue power cell light not blinking would be something very petty to complain about for anyone may do so.

The power cell should at minimum have a working static light as the blitzway website says it has working power cell light.

I think it will. If I recall correctly off the top of my head, that initial teaser photo of the figures that showed them all from behind with their packs lit up, the blue power cell light was illuminated.

So it's not a question if it will light up, it will at least do that, which is completely fine with me. It's just the seeing if they can get it to blink in 1/6 scale in the manner in which it did in the film.

Orders the Special Pack. Now would just like to see a 1:6 Gozer and a couple of Demon Hounds.

However, at $224 a figure as opposed to what many initially thought they'd be, the cyclotron lights not cycling in the right direction or the blue power cell light not blinking would be something very petty to complain about for anyone may do so.

Sorry if my posts are coming across negatively. It's not intentional. I think what they've done for the price is already more than I expected. I just feel if they have the ability to implement the cycling lights, which they do, it would be unfortunate to have them not rotate in the right direction. Personally, I have no problem fixing them myself if they aren't accurately implemented, but not everyone has the luxury of having the skill to DIY. I'm more looking to have them accurate out of the box for those people. And, as I've said previously, I know a lot of people either wouldn't be bothered by the inaccuracy of the lights, or just outright wouldn't know it was inaccurate to begin with, but I know just as many people in the Ghostbusters community whose OCD would flare up (myself not excluded). If they're putting in all of the effort to do it they might as well do it right while they're doing it. If they don't, I'm not gonna complain, but it'll be unfortunate for all of the people that do care but are unable to fix it themselves.

Yeah, I couldn't care less about the lights cycling a certain way....I am just thrilled there are lights!!!!

Seems a bit odd they are talking about production changes for a figure due out in January 2017. They way they are talking about this, I would guess we won't see delivery till June or later.

Unless they are just Humoring Alice with nice conversation to be polite, as our Asian brethren are app to do.

Alice.....get your OCD checked.....
:p
200.gif

Sorry if my posts are coming across negatively. It's not intentional. I think what they've done for the price is already more than I expected. I just feel if they have the ability to implement the cycling lights, which they do, it would be unfortunate to have them not rotate in the right direction. Personally, I have no problem fixing them myself if they aren't accurately implemented, but not everyone has the luxury of having the skill to DIY. I'm more looking to have them accurate out of the box for those people. And, as I've said previously, I know a lot of people either wouldn't be bothered by the inaccuracy of the lights, or just outright wouldn't know it was inaccurate to begin with, but I know just as many people in the Ghostbusters community whose OCD would flare up (myself not excluded). If they're putting in all of the effort to do it they might as well do it right while they're doing it. If they don't, I'm not gonna complain, but it'll be unfortunate for all of the people that do care but are unable to fix it themselves.

Oh no, my apologies. I wasn't specifically referring to you when I mentioned anyone complaining. I just merely meant if anyone really considers any of those missing details a genuine "flaw" with the figures and complains about it to the max, I'd consider that to be kind of petty; especially with these being priced as fair as they are.

I admire your attention to detail; to be honest, I didn't even know what direction the cyclotron lights rotated, I just knew that they rotated. Let alone knowing whose rotated counter clockwise and whose rotated clockwise. :lol

Would it be awesome for them to get that detail correct? Absolutely. But it won't bother me if they don't. Same with the blue power cell light as I've mentioned. Would it be cool if they're able to get it to blink in the same manner that they actually do? Absolutely, but it won't bother me if it doesn't. I do admire that Blitzway is aware of these details and are seemingly going to make a genuine effort to see what they can do so that way they get them as accurate as possible, even in 1/6 scale.

As I mentioned, when it comes down to it, I'm personally just ecstatic that we're getting high quality figures of these guys at a very fair price, and I'm happy that the packs even light up at all.

Oh no, my apologies. I wasn't specifically referring to you when I mentioned anyone complaining. I just merely meant if anyone really considers any of those missing details a genuine "flaw" with the figures and complains about it to the max, I'd consider that to be kind of petty; especially with these being priced as fair as they are.

I admire your attention to detail; to be honest, I didn't even know what direction the cyclotron lights rotated, I just knew that they rotated. Let alone knowing whose rotated counter clockwise and whose rotated clockwise. :lol

Would it be awesome for them to get that detail correct? Absolutely. But it won't bother me if they don't. Same with the blue power cell light as I've mentioned. Would it be cool if they're able to get it to blink in the same manner that they actually do? Absolutely, but it won't bother me if it doesn't. I do admire that Blitzway is aware of these details and are seemingly going to make a genuine effort to see what they can do so that way they get them as accurate as possible, even in 1/6 scale.

As I mentioned, when it comes down to it, I'm personally just ecstatic that we're getting high quality figures of these guys at a very fair price, and I'm happy that the packs even light up at all.

Exactly, I would be fine if the blue power cell light just blinked on and off but blitzway would make everyone's day if they made it behave like it does in the movies. They don't need as many leds as the screen used packs but a few that operated like the movies would be so awsome.

Back