Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

The people I've reached out to said multiple companies were trying to secure likeness rights to no avail. So it's a no go. It's best to kill all hope before it spills over to DX04 levels. That was quite the fiasco.

If true, then damn, that's sad to hear. :(

The boards were hyped for the next DX reveal. It was teased for a while by HT, the usual speculation thread popped up, then it was Bruce Lee. I love Bruce Lee but the thing is, everyone had their own idea of what they wanted the figure to be. It's hard to control but I hope people here have realistic expectations on the next figure from Blitzway. I'd love it to be Blade Runner, Deckard is a huge Grail, but it won't happen. The Blade Runner license is the textbook example of a legal nightmare.

If true, then damn, that's sad to hear. :(

The people to negotiate with are Universal and Richard Dreyfuss, plus the estates of Roy Scheider and Robert Shaw. Their families could be taking the piss wanting too much.

The boards were hyped for the next DX reveal. It was teased for a while by HT, the usual speculation thread popped up, then it was Bruce Lee. I love Bruce Lee but the thing is, everyone had their own idea of what they wanted the figure to be. It's hard to control but I hope people here have realistic expectations on the next figure from Blitzway. I'd love it to be Blade Runner, Deckard is a huge Grail, but it won't happen. The Blade Runner license is the textbook example of legal nightmare.

Halloween is another one

The boards were hyped for the next DX reveal. It was teased for a while by HT, the usual speculation thread popped up, then it was Bruce Lee. I love Bruce Lee but the thing is, everyone had their own idea of what they wanted the figure to be. It's hard to control but I hope people here have realistic expectations on the next figure from Blitzway. I'd love it to be Blade Runner, Deckard is a huge Grail, but it won't happen. The Blade Runner license is the textbook example of a legal nightmare.

Yeah I'm trying to keep my expectations in check but it's pretty bloody difficult. :lol

I'll maintain hope that they can get Blade Runner, despite legal difficulties.

Thank Malek Akkad for that. Greedy son of original producer. Randy over at NECA has been trying for years now to reacquire the license. Along with Mad Max and Blade Runner, it's the most heavily requested license right now.

We have a glimmer of hope with the Blade Runner sequel out next year, maybe WB can throw enough money at people to make problems go away. The rights are owned by the two financiers/producers of the first film, Jerry Perenchio and Bud Yorkin. Yorkin died recently so now it's his lawyers who have control over his share. Ridley Scott has no say, but each actor would have to be approached individually for their likeness rights. Harrison would be the top one to convince. With Indy and Star Wars, I'm pretty sure his rights were part of his contract. Not the case with Blade Runner. Now with modern film contracts, especially science fiction/fantasy films, likeness rights are included. So we might get Ryan Gosling, Jared Leto and old Harrison from it, but the original film will continue to be a pain in collector's asses.

Last edited:

Blitzway has to make Die Hard at some point!:pray:

Considering that Ford is aware of this hobby, getting likeness rights for Blade Runner might not be that big a deal for him.

It'd be the studios/producers who we'd have to worry about more, I'd think.

Spiderman seemed like it was never going to happen as a movie due to legal complexities but it got sorted out. You'd think with the new BR movie surely everyone would come together and classic BR figs could happen.

It's always a little weird when actors are resistant to granting likeness rights. What's the drawback? I mean, are they superstitious or something? :lol

Spiderman seemed like it was never going to happen as a movie due to legal complexities but it got sorted out. You'd think with the new BR movie surely everyone would come together and classic BR figs could happen.

It's always a little weird when actors are resistant to granting likeness rights. What's the drawback? I mean, are they superstitious or something? :lol

I don't know, it's weird. Do some have a complex about being represented as dolls? :lol I guess that'd be it. It'd explain why someone like Jack Nicholson was so hard for HT to convince to sign his likeness to them for the DX08/14.

Hey a couple of hours ago I made a post about the Ghostbusters figures being up for preorder on my store and now it's gone. Did I break some sort of rule or something?

I don't want to repost if it's against any rules.

Hey a couple of hours ago I made a post about the Ghostbusters figures being up for preorder on my store and now it's gone. Did I break some sort of rule or something?

Yeah, I think you have to pay money if you want to sell stuff on here.

I don't know, it's weird. Do some have a complex about being represented as dolls? :lol I guess that'd be it. It'd explain why someone like Jack Nicholson was so hard for HT to convince to sign his likeness to them for the DX08/14.

They're photographed and filmed so you'd think that "worried about my soul being stolen" superstitious concern would be off the table.:lol

Yeah, I think you have to pay money if you want to sell stuff on here.

I don't know if it's that, I think it's just because it was self promotion and that's discouraged in the code of conduct. But plenty of other members do that, so I'm not sure where the line is drawn...

They're photographed and filmed so you'd think that "worried about my soul being stolen" superstitious concern would be off the table.:lol

:lol

And with Jack Nicholson, Howard Chan should have got up on the table, turned around and spoken with his "cheeks" - maybe have gotten through faster.:lol

Maybe post in the dealers section?

After planning to get just Peter and Ray I caved and pre-ordered the three pack :lol

Even if they release on schedule it's still a 6-7 month wait for us in the UK, gives me time to save. This way I get Slimer and have the option to either add Winston later and complete the collection or sell Egon if I really need the funds for other figures. Hopefully it's the former. Justice League figures I imagine will start going up for pre-order sometime next year but we won't see them till 2018.

I'm still sore from not getting a figure of Clive Owen or Benicio Del Toro from NECA's Sin City line. Sometimes, they just flat out refuse the use of their likeness for toys. Same for Fassbender and Lawrence for X-Men.

I think they'll do something todo with Godfather Next year because it seems like something they'd do.
Given the fact it's the 45th anniversary next year I can see there being a 1:4 Don Vito Statue because they don't seem todo articulated 1:4 :dunno

Back